romantic advice?

Options
1235»

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    He knows she thinks he is awesome and handsome. That's not the same as knowing she is interested in more. Some guys really need to have it spelled out. Maybe he thinks she is joking or being sarcastic.

Not to sound cynical, but I am told that sort of thing often, yet it never really means anything more thsn "I am sure someone else would love to have you!"
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    He knows she thinks he is awesome and handsome. That's not the same as knowing she is interested in more. Some guys really need to have it spelled out. Maybe he thinks she is joking or being sarcastic.

Not to sound cynical, but I am told that sort of thing often, yet it never really means anything more thsn "I am sure someone else would love to have you!"

Fair enough. Put up or shut up, I guess. Everyone just needs to stop sitting around though. Figure out what's up and move on with your life. Either together, or not.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Write him a note that says "DO U LIEK ME? YES / NO" and pass it to him in class. See which one he circles when he passes it back to you.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    As guns n roses said- "what we have here is failure to communicate"
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you believe in destiny. I don't, so I'm not going to talk about whether it's "meant to be" or not. However, what you really have to ask yourself is: how badly do you want to know? Will you regret it forever if you never know whether he felt the same way? If so, then you should take the chance, and tell him how you feel.

If you won't regret not knowing, then do you want it badly enough to possibly mess with the friendship?
  • whierd
    Options

Fair enough. Put up or shut up, I guess. Everyone just needs to stop sitting around though. Figure out what's up and move on with your life. Either together, or not.

*Nod* If I am interested in someone and I think that they may be interested I at least check it out to see what is there. It sucks when you are wrong but sitting around waiting is even worse.
  • Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    If I took 20 years to declare my love for someone, I would expect a punch to the face for wasting time.

Am I alone in not believing in soul mates?
    I don't believe in alot of things.... soul mates being one of them. NOTHING is ever perfect. My soul is unique. It does not have a "mate". The end.
  • Today414
    Today414 Posts: 118
    Options
    Write him a note that says "DO U LIEK ME? YES / NO" and pass it to him in class. See which one he circles when he passes it back to you.
    *giggle*
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My favorite advice so far has got to be this: "Pull out all the stops, but if he doesn't respond, pretend you were drunk." hahaha! It's worth a shot.
  • whierd
    Options
    Of course that is the advice you pulled from this.
  • anybeary
    Options
    I also like the advice to comb my hair. Eeeee! You guys are great.
  • anybeary
    Options
    To be clear, I haven't had romantic feelings for this person for ten years. We've KNOWN each other as acquaintances for that long, but we've only been close for about three years.

I also think the person who said that just because I've told him what I think of him doesn't mean he knows that means I want to be more than friends. Friends compliment each other, right? Point well taken. I often think I've said something more meaningful than what the person actually heard.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    if he hasn't tried to pursue something more with you then he probably only sees you as a friend or sister. men usually go after what they want.
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    i had to ask my husband out. men are obtuse at best. lol
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I also like the advice to comb my hair. Eeeee! You guys are great.

I wish you would have said this earlier. Someone reported me for doing that. I thought it was clearly an outdoor beach or someplace picture and rather funny/cute. I'm glad you took it the way I intended it OP. Good Sport! :flowerforyou:
  • 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Total friendzone
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Tell him. I was in a similar situation and told him. We've been married 8 years and have two kids.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Go up to him, say "I like you, wanna do something about it?".
    Either he'll say yes and you'll get together, or he'll say no and you'll continue a friendship.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Maybe he's just shy and needs you to take the first steps. Not all guys are aggressive, and wait for the girl to make the move.