Yolk or no yolk

Options

Replies

• Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the most tasty part of the egg (the yolk) is the fattening part. A large whole egg typically contains about 6g of fat (in the yolk) The egg white is the protein part.

Personally I prefer the whole egg and still lose weight if I eat about 3 per week.

This is a natural and healthy fat that your body can use to help absorb the vitamins and nutrients (especially when it's a free-range egg)!

And this. I love my free-range eggs. The yolks are practically orange they're so dark. This is a good thing.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    It was a joke. Of course you should eat all the egg. I just don't believe in throwing any (whole) food away.

when you take the yolk out of an egg you might as well throw it in the garbage because you just threw out all the nutrients anyhow. Eat the yolk. There aren't as many calories in an egg as people might think. Even then you need the nutrients that eggs provide. They are good for protein.

Somebody get this guy a Baked Alaska! Ice cream and cake, covered in a thick layer of meringue (egg whites), doused in booze, then set on FIRE! Throw them in the garbage? I think not!
    The yolks from the meringue are in the ice cream and cake, so you're still using all the egg. I sure hope you don't throw away half the egg just because you're making something that calls for just whites, or just yolks. Besides, meringue is mostly sugar, the egg whites are just to provide structure.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Eat the yolk--that is where all the nutrition and great flavour is!
  • ReillyCraig
    Options

Most of the nutrition and micro-nutrients are found IN the yolk.
    I eat 12 WHOLE eggs a day every day, some days even more. They are a FANTASTIC source of fat and protein (and don't be scared of the word fat if you have any knowledge on nutrition).

Always go for the yolk unless your doctor strongly reccomends that you don't for cholesterol reasons. But then again I would ask several doctors, most of them Nutty and have no nutritional background
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have no respect for those that don't eat the yolk.

Bahahahaha! Thanks guys :)
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    I always eat the yoke, its where the good stuff is at.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Definitely yolk...there is fat and cholesterol in there, but it will raise your good cholesterol. As long as you're not eating 3 or 4 eggs a day. With that being said, I like the taste of egg whites so I still eat them. I also will scramble one whole egg with two egg whites. I guess I'm all over the place.

So I'm limited to 2 eggs per day? That wouldn't be worth the dishes I'd have to wash. I call BS on this.
  • Lemonade2013
    Options
    Yolk! or what's the point of an egg? then you just have white...fluff. the yolk is filling, and nutrient/vitamin packed with good fats.

eat the yolk...not just fluff

agree,
  • veec0
    veec0 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is a natural and healthy fat that your body can use to help absorb the vitamins and nutrients (especially when it's a free-range egg)!

Check this out http://youtu.be/v2vyU-hilrY
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Definitely yolk...there is fat and cholesterol in there, but it will raise your good cholesterol. As long as you're not eating 3 or 4 eggs a day. With that being said, I like the taste of egg whites so I still eat them. I also will scramble one whole egg with two egg whites. I guess I'm all over the place.

So I'm limited to 2 eggs per day? That wouldn't be worth the dishes I'd have to wash. I call BS on this.

Me too! It's a whole food that's filled with vitamins. Why limit yourself?
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yes and No. Both! All of it. I eat egg whites (carton) and I use whole eggs. The yolk is the yummy part!
  • Kttyler87
    Kttyler87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I just see people eating egg whites so frequently I was curious as to why? I love yolk, defiantly keeping in my diet thank you all!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the most tasty part of the egg (the yolk) is the fattening part. A large whole egg typically contains about 6g of fat (in the yolk) The egg white is the protein part.

Personally I prefer the whole egg and still lose weight if I eat about 3 per week.

YOLK YOLK YOLK. Why leave out the good stuff????? Much better for ya protein wise than that crap Protein powder! :bigsmile:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I just see people eating egg whites so frequently I was curious as to why? I love yolk, defiantly keeping in my diet thank you all!

yummm yolk!
  • chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a specific medical reason, go for the yolk! It's a great source of nutrition, as everyone here has already said. I know some people are scared of egg yolks because of some iffy (old) information, but seriously, unless you have a condition, there's no harm in eating a few egg yolks.

To keep the calories low, I hardboil an egg every day (instead of frying/other methods) and add it to my salad at lunch. It helps fill me up, and gives me energy. Egg yolks are a good source of B12, which is something I'm always lacking.
  • kmw899
    kmw899 Posts: 41
    Options
    I don't eat tons of eggs to begin with, but if I'm going to eat an egg, there will be a yolk! I hate being wasteful and egg whites are kinda expensive.

It's my favorite part of the egg and it fits in my calories and macros, so I figure I'm okay.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yolks all the way! I only eat eggs about once or twice a month. When I do I want to have the full benefit of the egg. No sense throwing away any of it. Waste not want not!
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have NEVER discarded a yolk and I eat a lot of eggs.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yolk, because the chicken worked so darn hard!

That's what I was going to say!
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love the yolks. I can not eat an all white scrambled eggs. It doesn't taste good at all.