Yolk or no yolk

Options
1235»

Replies

• chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation. I prefer yolk but I will do just whites if I'm looking for more protein and less fat. It all depends on what else I am planning to have.
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If I'm using eggs for cooking or baking, I never use the yolk. If I just want eggs or an omelet, it depends on my mood. I don't waste the yolks though; I save them and use them in Rocco DiSpirito's spaghetti a la carbonara recipe :)
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Always eat the yolks! Excellent source of well-rounded nutrition. The QUALITY of the egg itself makes an enormous difference in the actual nutritional content, mind you. I get mine from my backyard - I know my hens eat plenty of bugs, greens, etc so make high quality eggs. Supermarket eggs are mass produced by chickens that never see a blade of grass in their lifetime :(

BEST CHOICE - local free range eggs - proven to be higher in beta carotene, fat-soluble vitamins, omega-3 fats and are proven to be LOWER in saturated fats and cholesterol

So hit up your local farmer's market or ask around - chances are, high quality eggs are just around the corner.
  • chercee
    chercee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Always eat the yolks! Excellent source of well-rounded nutrition. The QUALITY of the egg itself makes an enormous difference in the actual nutritional content, mind you. I get mine from my backyard - I know my hens eat plenty of bugs, greens, etc so make high quality eggs. Supermarket eggs are mass produced by chickens that never see a blade of grass in their lifetime :(

BEST CHOICE - local free range eggs - proven to be higher in beta carotene, fat-soluble vitamins, omega-3 fats and are proven to be LOWER in saturated fats and cholesterol

So hit up your local farmer's market or ask around - chances are, high quality eggs are just around the corner.

That's awesome that you have chickens in your yard! I wish we could do that too! There's no space, and I'm pretty sure it's against the by-law anyway. I think that would be amazing though.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Nothing on it's own is fattening. You won't get fat because of a single form of food.

Eat the yolk unless your doctor has told you otherwise. Nothing wrong with it. I regularly consume the yolk.