What do you eat at a Mexican food restaurant?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Anything with guacamole. The colour freaks me out, but it just tastes soo good.

Has anyone got a napkin? I need to clean up the drool.
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Options
    I literally just got back from a Mexican restaurant for lunch, it was delicious. I had the lunch chicken fajitas with the pico de gallo, lettuce, guacamole, and salsa. Holy crap it was delicious, the bell peppers, the onions, the tomatoes, the guacamole...it was all delicious. I only ate half the portion and now I have dinner :smile: it came with 4 small flour tortillas I only used two but you could also ask them to replace the flour with the corn. I might not even use the tortillas for dinner because it's so delicious without it. I was debating about that or the tamale. But basically anything with red sauce sans the cheese smothered stuff. Also seafood, there are tons of options people don't consider because they always go for the same old same old....try something new and branch out.

Look for common sense key words:
    Good key words would be; asada (grilled), broiled, baked, fresh, seasoned, and stir-fried, common sense. Just think of the way of preparation.
    Avoid the chips if you can, ask for a salad or tortilla soup without the cheese maybe if that's an option on the starter menus. Also a lot of restaurants are now featuring healthier options or a "lite" menu. Also look to the vegetarian dishes just make sure they don't replace meat with cheese and re-fried beans and sour cream, make sure there are actual vegetables in it!

Burritos can be better than hard tacos because hard taco shells are fried and burritos are not, again just watch the sour cream, cheese and other toppings that might go with it. You can have them, just limit it! *Moderation is key.* :smile:

http://healthnews.ediets.com/diet-weight-loss/nacho-regular-diet-food-healthy-mexican-foods.html

^ I like this webpage.
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Green Chicken Enchiladas are a healthy and super tasty option
  • JessMmmkay
    Options
    I eat chicken fajitas without the tortilla! :)
  • tigermom12
    Options
    i'v had a bad day. can i come? :flowerforyou: :happy:

Come on!

Ooooh....I totally forgot about Ceviche! Hmmm......
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Everything I can fit in my BELLAY.

And tequila.

HELL YEAH ^^^^^ this!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Just saw this thread and now I'm REALLY wanting some mexican food!

My #1 choice: Vegetable Quesadilla, one chile relleno, and half side of rice. And yes, a little sour cream. Salsa.

Chips are a problem, but on occasion, I limit myself to 9 of them. I never order cheese dip anymore.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I don't really like Mexican restaurants. I mean I can eat it but I'd rather eat somewhere else. So, when I go to a Mexican restaurant, I order there chicken soup. The soup at this particular restaurant is broth, 1/3 cup of rice, and a lot of chicken strips. Its really good. Next time, I might use a few more calories and have one of my husband's chicken fajitas. The soup is great on a rainy cold day and very filling. Not too filling and it fits easily into my calorie allotment.