Just kiddin'....sort of.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Explain to me?
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I'd go if my partner was someone I felt I could live with, and if the place I'm going is better than the one I'm living.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    When I was 18, I moved 2000 miles away to be with my boyfriend.
    Two years later, we moved back to my hometown for school - then back to his hometown - then to an entirely new city. We've been together for 10 years now.

Life is an adventure. If circumstances permit it, why not try living somewhere new? Even if the relationship doesn't work out, you will still have expanded your horizons. :)
  • Cp731
    Options
    I'd like to live outside the normal confines of reality. I believe anything is possible. Im in the persuit of happiness.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Have any one of you done it?
    Yes
    Would any of you consider it?
    Did it.
    Is long Distance a deal breaker?
    Moved from California to Virginia. Now back in California and still married happily 15 years this year.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • seanezekiel
    seanezekiel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? Doesnt seem like a big deal to me. Ive moved for no reason other then I felt like it, lol.
  • Cp731
    Options
    When I was 18, I moved 2000 miles away to be with my boyfriend.
    Two years later, we moved back to my hometown for school - then back to his hometown - then to an entirely new city. We've been together for 10 years now.

Life is an adventure. If circumstances permit it, why not try living somewhere new? Even if the relationship doesn't work out, you will still have expanded your horizons. :)

OMG thank you, I believe in this as well! I moved 2x for love, but I was young and immature. It didn't work out. Im better equipped now for a real relationship.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Dated long distance for 4 years
    got married..long distance for 2 more
    I relocated 470 miles away..best decision I ever made
    14 years together, 10 years of marriage :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. Its just not me. Not my style. I love my city to death and was born here and expect to die here. I'd live somewhere else temporarily if I had to for a person I were in love with, but would expect to be moved back near my family and my Pacific Ocean soon. The end.
  • Cp731
    Options
    You all are giving me so much hope right now!
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If the relationship turned out to be something serious then I would do it. I wouldn't rush into it, but give it at least 3-6 months long distance and or visiting each other to see if it will work before you make a big decision like moving.
  • Jade1964
    Jade1964 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Met online - Dated long distance - I lived in the United States, he lives in Canada. Moved to Canada from the United States 7 years ago and have no regrets.
  • Cp731
    Options
    Met online - Dated long distance - I lived in the United States, he lives in Canada. Moved to Canada from the United States 7 years ago and have no regrets.

This is what I been saying. I lived In B.C for awhile, and I am US citizen, was it hard for you too get all your paperwork?
  • cassondra1370
    cassondra1370 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I met my current husband in high school. I moved about three hours away for college, and was there for 4 years. Near the end of my time time at college, he decided to join the Marines. For the next year and a half, we were 1500 miles apart. Luckily I am with him now, because it can be quite difficult (but definitely possible with work!)
  • Cp731
    Options
    I met my current husband in high school. I moved about three hours away for college, and was there for 4 years. Near the end of my time time at college, he decided to join the Marines. For the next year and a half, we were 1500 miles apart. Luckily I am with him now, because it can be quite difficult (but definitely possible with work!)

How did you communicate? Skype?
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I was in a long distance relationship for 2 years. He was stationed in Oklahoma for 8 months and then in San Antonio and I lived in Houston. While in Oklahoma, we saw each other 2-3 times a month and then every weekend when he was in San Antonio. We texted from the moment we woke up till the time we both fell asleep.Constant communication.

I've never had to relocate for a relationship but if it ever came up, I would consider it. Of course only if it were something serious.
  • melindanew
    melindanew Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I moved to Australia from the US 10 years ago for love, and we're still married.

1 7000 mile move, 10 years, 1 kid, 4 cats, 2 dogs, 2 houses, 1 car, 2 post graduate degrees (well, 1 1/2, I'm still doing mine).
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I moved to Australia from the US 10 years ago for love, and we're still married.

1 7000 mile move, 10 years, 1 kid, 4 cats, 2 dogs, 2 houses, 1 car, 2 post graduate degrees (well, 1 1/2, I'm still doing mine).

Wow....

There are no limits when there is real love. You see stories like these everyday. :)
  • Cp731
    Options
    Obviously, Moving would require a serious commitment. Im just curious what ery one thought on the issue. I wanted to be clear that its a possibility and that Im not living in a fantasy world.