Convince me Pop Tarts & ice cream are bad.

Options

Replies

• kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    We need a pop-tart and ice cream love group. Since the last thread I found the Pumpkin Pie, Gingerbread, and Marshmallow and Hot Cocoa pop tarts at a local Big Lot. I wanted to share my job and pics, but the thread was locked.

WE NEED A PLACE TO ADORE THESE TARTS!!!

Ice cream too. That ****e is good. I need to try it with pop-tarts as a sandwich with the ice cream. After my day of dealing with a sick cat I'm considering popping that cherry tonight.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    They are bad because they lack bacon. DUH!

pop-tarts-and-bacon-sandwich-450x366.jpg

I think I'm in love.

And to the OP, pop-tarts are all bad. Unless they are brown sugar cinnamon. Then they are good. Also, if you combine the ice cream and poptarts into a sandwich, it nullifies anything bad and makes it a superfood. Look out kale and broccoli!

Edit: Also, how did you get your total cholesterol that low? My HDL was about 2/3 of that alone. Is your LDL really that low? Insane!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Denny's has Baconalia going on right now. On Saturday I had French toast stuffed with white chocolate and bacon, then covered in bacon and caramel.

I almost ordered the bacon brownie for dessert.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    24672666.jpg
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    because my caveman overlords told me they are bad.

tumblr_m0875vopAC1qb8x3g.jpg
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Mind sharing your last CBC results?

Not at all, I was actually not expecting someone to ask. I'll bring them in tomorrow and post them here. I'm not hiding anything. Would you prefer a scanned image with name(s) redacted or can I just type them?
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    They are bad because they lack bacon. DUH!

I just wanted to say, I like the way you think. But I did have the bacon sundae from Burger King a while back.
    those are so good <,< i love them.
    also agree with the poster that said cinnamon/brown sugar poptarts are the only good ones. however, i would consider using another flavor to make an ice cream sammich with.
    most people used to get mad at me around here when i would suggest bacon to people who needed more calories and/or protein.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation is what I say. I love my ice cream! Pop tarts...not so much but I can't see a single reason to argue with your logic. If it works for you...ENJOY! ;-)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Who cares what other people think of the food you choose to put in your body?
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Scanned image if you don't mind sharing your PHI.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    Who cares what other people think of the food you choose to put in your body?

I know, right?
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I have yet to try a Pop Tart (but thanks for the ideas on your last thread Magerum - I believe those of us in the UK can order them online, so will be looking into that).

So my favourite treat is meringue with whipped double cream, sometimes with a handful of nuts sprinkled over, sometimes cocoa powder, sometimes strawberries or ice cream. At 50cals for a meringue nest and 100cals for the cream, it's a treat I can easily work into my calorie intake.

A treat a day reminds me that I'm in this for the long-haul and it's not a diet. It's a change in the way I think about food and in my relationship with food. Food is no longer the enemy, thanks to MFP, and balanced eating with a treat or two a day means I am enjoying food without bingeing. And that means I eat the right amount of calories to lose weight slowly and steadily.

So, no, I can't give you a solid reason why Pop Tarts and icecream are bad.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    wow you eat a lot of veggies and chicken!
    looks great

not a fan of pop tarts here, but hey, to each their own :)
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with any of it. I live on it. The only thing you have to watch for is sodium and blood pressure. Which is why they make blood pressure meds. Inhibit your kidney from retaining water and keep on eating all the pop tarts in the world. Yes, serious.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Losing weight doesn't make you automatically healthier.

BOOM.
  • ChristinaK69
    Options
    I don't eat pop tarts any more because they have very little filling compared to when I was a kid. Such a disappointment. I have no problem with ice cream. Just frozen creamy milk with luscious flavor. I just go with the phrase "everything in moderation". Variety of foods is the spice of life. Yumm
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this one

F5JAtbd.gif
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

BOOM.

Actually, it does. There may be a few outliers, but health markers improve as body composition improves. That is like the one thing that is easily provable and most studies agree upon.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

BOOM.
    did you miss the part in his post where he listed his exerise/age/weight/height/bp/cholesterol/resting HR?
    seems pretty damn healthy to me