Convince me Pop Tarts & ice cream are bad.

Options

Replies

• katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm in to read later
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    I can't.:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm nuts for cherry Pop Tarts but the dye used in them gives me migraines so I can't eat them.

:(

Live it up, Pop Tart eater.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    If I had a 4,000 calories per day budget, you better believe I'd be spending some of that on some junk food...probably not pop tarts because I detest them, but definitely some cake and ice cream among other awesome treats. Having just over 2K to spend though kind of puts a damper on such things.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Here's why they're bad:

-You enjoy them very much.
    -You get annoyed when people tell you you shouldn't be eating such unhealthy things.
    -You post several threads with pictures to convince people it's ok.
    -One of these people reads these threads while highly intoxicated.
    -Said intoxicated person drunkenly stumbles 2 miles round trip to the grocery store to get Pop Tarts and ice cream.
    -Intoxicated person discovers several hours later that she lost her credit card and DL during her drunk-munchy trek.

You wouldn't really want to be responsible for that, would you?????
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    The red velvet pop tarts are no more...pop tarts are dead to me now.

You should have stocked up. Rookie mistake.
  • magerum
    Options
    Here's why they're bad:

-You get annoyed when people tell you you shouldn't be eating such unhealthy things.
    -Said intoxicated person drunkenly stumbles 2 miles round trip to the grocery store to get Pop Tarts and ice cream.
    -Intoxicated person discovers several hours later that she lost her credit card and DL during her drunk-munchy trek.

Seems legit. :cry:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    You'll never be elite eating pop tarts.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ohai!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Here's why they're bad:

Seems legit. :cry:

Totally worth it though :wink:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    "Please, 'convince' me of a fact that I have established in my head to be true, and I actually have no intention of changing-- I just want to prove that I'm such a special snowflake that I can eat 800 calories of sugar every day and flaunt it to the fatties."

Oh and, Pop Tarts taste like cardboard to me now. They were definitely the *kitten* when I was little though. As for ice cream, it's bad in tub form because I suck at portion control. I like buying it in the bar form, or those little $1 cups, but they're more expensive that way. Plus it's a little depressing to use a plastic spoon the size of your pinky to scoop out your pathetic little half-cup serving of ice cream. If I'm going to have ice cream, I'll plan ahead and specifically plan out a generous serving into one day, indulge by buying some at an ice cream shop or restaurant, and then not have any guilt about anything sitting at home calling my name from the freezer.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    In for the 2nd round. This should be good.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    In for the 2nd round. This should be good.

Bump to follow.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Because Pop Tarts & ice cream are like cocaine to you.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    My question is, why do people other than yourself have any say or opinion of what you put in your body? Eat pocket lint and dog poop if that's what you want to eat.

THIS haha! :laugh:
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Question: by what method have you determined a daily calorie goal of 4000kcal? I would say that a calorie intake of 4000 for you is a recipe for 1.5lbs/week or more of weight gain... was this a mistake?

This ^

OP are you sure you didn't want people to glance at your food diary just so they can see how many calories you consume daily?
  • magerum
    Options
    "Please, 'convince' me of a fact that I have established in my head to be true, and I actually have no intention of changing-- I just want to prove that I'm such a special snowflake that I can eat 800 calories of sugar every day and flaunt it to the fatties."

That's quite wrong actually and you miss the entire point. I comment on a lot of threads trying to inform people that they don't need to give up things they like or love. Nor do they need to fear certain food groups without a specific medical reason to. I used to be overweight I understand the struggle. Then am bashed, challenged, and/or called out on my diary. People don't need to over complicate things to manage their weight. Most have issues with food in general without all the rhetoric and propaganda that's spread around the forums here.

In fact, I believe I am NOT a special snow flake. THAT is the point entirely.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You'll never be elite eating pop tarts.

But will I be buff? (but not too buff - no big muscles please)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Who cares what other people think of the food you choose to put in your body?

I know, right?

Well if you are not interested, stop posting negative comments. Or are you asking to be reported. Please read the Guidelines.
  • magerum
    Options
    Because Pop Tarts & ice cream are like cocaine to you.

Naw, I'll be cutting my intake of Pop Tarts & ice cream in half at the end of the month if you must know. Changing goals. If they were truly like cocaine, I wouldn't be able to do that.