Convince me Pop Tarts & ice cream are bad.

Options

Replies

• eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Losing weight doesn't make you automatically healthier.

BOOM.

Yeah basically... high sugar intake causes a rise in insulin levels and over time can make you insulin resistant... developing Type 2 diabetes. Other than that go for it... no one here is your mom but it kind of goes against all common sense to brag about eating food that most people have trouble avoiding and has caused plenty of people on here to be in the shape that they are in. It's like going to a forum for people who have lactose intolerance and bragging about how much delicious chocolate milk and ice cream you can eat.

Oh and it's also unhealthy because DR. OZ didn't put it on his list of 100+ things that help with weight loss! DUH!!!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    i had ice cream for breakfast
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    You appear to be deficient in your Captain Crunch consumption. The fourth macro.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You appear to be deficient in your Captain Crunch consumption. The fourth macro.

Wrong. The fourth macro is beer. I will concede that Captain Crunch can take the fifth slot though.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    IN MY OPINION - nothing is bad in moderation!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

He cuts the rough of your mouth. The fourth macro is cheese.
  • KatrinaWilke
    KatrinaWilke Posts: 372 Member
    Options

Wrong. The fourth macro is beer. I will concede that Captain Crunch can take the fifth slot though.

^^This......a Guiness Ice Cream Float!!!!

guinness_float_2.jpg
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I can clearly see now that my diet has actually been deficient in these two essential, life building, foods. Though, I have by happy accident had ice cream on occasion I am seriously lacking in the poptart department!
  • bordershelly
    Options
    eat whatever you want........... why would the rest of us care?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

Me thinks MFP needs additional tracking options.
  • stackhsc
    stackhsc Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    lol, dude you have over 150 lbs lost. obviously what you are doing is working and likely those giving you grief haven't lost a fraction of what you have.
    I have about 2-3 servings, 1-1.5 cups of frozen yogurt or ice cream pretty well daily too.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    The red velvet pop tarts are no more...pop tarts are dead to me now.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    open-uri20120519-1-1jsl83c?1337410914
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I have never had a pop tart in my life. I feel somehow abused.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    lol, dude you have over 150 lbs lost. obviously what you are doing is working and likely those giving you grief haven't lost a fraction of what you have.
    I have about 2-3 servings, 1-1.5 cups of frozen yogurt or ice cream pretty well daily too.

And well done on the 131lbs weight loss!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts are bad because they taste horrible.

Ice cream I have no beef with.

I've never tried beef ice cream.

You're in luck.

http://www.foodchannel.com/articles/article/860-flavors-of-ice-cream-including-beef-cheddar-a/

Do they do mail order?

Hmm . . .overnight delivery in winter should be a safe bet . . . as long as you're in the northern hemisphere.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    OMG, who the hell cares! It's your life.

Personally I am more of a food snob when it comes to myself, but hey, you probably care as much about what I eat as I do about what you shovel in your poptart hole.

LOVE! I may be stealing that. :bigsmile:

PS - OP we're BP twins! Pop Tarts and ice cream are only bad when you have the wrong combination, e.g. my honey flavored Greek froyo and chocolate fudge Pop Tart. Cinnamon brown sugar was definitely the way to go!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My question is, why do people other than yourself have any say or opinion of what you put in your body? Eat pocket lint and dog poop if that's what you want to eat.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    ur an adult. if sweets are ur vice then eat it. its ur body.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    eat whatever you want........... why would the rest of us care?
    No kidding! Wearing the whole pop tart & ice cream badge of honor around here is so old. Yeah, yeah, many of us eat em but who cares? Quit sounding so desperate to argue.