Call All Those Who Have Been Cheated On!

Options
123457»

Replies

• serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I take my vows seriously & don't believe in divorce. Neither does he.

Does anyone really BELIEVE in divorce?
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I knew, but he insisted on telling me.

Like, he went out to the bar after work, got drunk, got into A Situation, came home and woke me up to tell me. I think it was 2:30 in the morning.

"I cheated on you."
    "Awesome, can we talk about this in the morning? I'm sleeping."
    "No, this is serious, I CHEATED ON YOU."
    "Right, and there's nothing I can do about it now, so can I go back to sleep?"
    "I. Cheated. On. You."
    "Oh, well, fine then, let me get up and scream at you so you feel better about your crappy choices."

The next day when it really sank in, it hurt of course, but I think I'm still irritated at his need to inform me in the middle of effin night. Sheesh.

True Love. Romeo and Juliet had nothing on this!!
  • Bikini27
    Options

Yep. I belive in fixing your problems.
  • momoftwo75
    momoftwo75 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had no clue. My ex had a 3yr affair with his exgf. I was so busy taking care of 2 babies, 3 dogs and a huge house that i had no idea.
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    This conversation reminded me of the movie I saw the other day called The Man in the Flannel Pajamas. (oldie but goodie).

A part of me almost thinks that if someone cheated like that, when they were drunk, (in the movie he went off to war), in a bad emotional state, etc ... In other words, a one time, meaningless mistake, and it was YEARS ago, or before you were married, that it is almost selfish to tell your partner.

Why would you tell them? Do you want to ruin what you have, or hurt them? Or is it your own selfish need to be comforted and to feel better?

Maybe I'm juts old fashioned, but if you weren't married at the time, I don't know if it's technically something you should share.

Me personally, I probably wouldn't want to know.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

I agree. As necessary. When I got divorced, I had a friend tell me she couldn't associate with me anumore because she didn't believe in divorce. Like I did? But it was necessary.

(Plus, I'd bet with about 50% of the people who are divorced, it wasn't their idea to begin with.)
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options

I agree. As necessary. When I got divorced, I had a friend tell me she couldn't associate with me anumore because she didn't believe in divorce. Like I did? But it was necessary.

(Plus, I'd bet with about 50% of the people who are divorced, it wasn't their idea to begin with.)

OMG, what a ****ty friend ...
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I knew the red flags were there, but I ignored...hey lesson learned
  • BeautifulChaos27
    Options
    I knew and he denied it all along! You like her, no I don't. You cheated on me, no I didn't. This went on for months and because he denied it I ignored my suspicions.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I realized my fiance was cheating when he laid down a six card straight.

Did you forgive him, or did you throw the cheater out?? :wink:
  • Bikini27
    Options

OMG, what a ****ty friend ...

Agreed.

Though I'd say some people decide on divorce together. I did in mine, it was mutual.
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I knew but then I found his profile on a hiking group that said he was single and I really knew then. Stupid a**hole.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I didn't follow my instincts the first time, 2nd time was the charm. He tried to deny it, so I kept asking him over again until he finally said it. I just wanted to hear it come out of his mouth. Dummy.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    True Love. Romeo and Juliet had nothing on this!!
    Haha, well, we weren't perfect, but I do like to think we were more than a couple of teenagers in lust.

Like, we were totally in our twenties when we met, for example.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I took my vows seriously too and didn't go into marriage planning to get divorced. What I did plan was to have a faithful husband but that's not what I got. I learned that I deserved to be happy and not disrespected and *kitten* on, which is how you are treated when you are cheated on. I refused to live my life with a man that I would NEVER trust again, that's not a good marriage. Good luck with thinking that he won't do it again...I hope for your sake that's true. Lucky for him, you are taking your anger out on her and not focusing on the fact that your husband is the one that cheated on you...not her. Best of luck to you.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    I'm just in for when the FBI comes and handcuffs that lady who's threatening murder :noway:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I have always heard (especially for women) that if your SO is cheating you will know, whether you want to believe it or not. I'm just curious to know if this is actually true. So if you have been cheated on by a spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend, or whatever else did you know?

I just realized that SO's are just one "B" away from being an SOB.

Carry on.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I happened to overhear a radio show on my way to work today. One of those programs where the DJ's take part in a sort-of prank. Well the wife called in and said she thought her husband was cheating on her because he'd been super nice recently, way nicer than his norm, and it was creeping her out. So the DJs called him up pretended to be a new florist in the area & giving away free, no obligation roses just to spread the word. And they asked him who he wanted them sent to, so he named someone that was not his wife and in the card said "I'll miss waking up next to you." The DJ asked him a few nosy questions and the guy said that basically it was something that just ended and he was doing a nice "goodbye" gesture. So then the DJ asked him if he would like to send some roses to his wife. Except the DJ actually named the wife and the guy had never mentioned that he had a wife or what her name was. Dead silence. And the DJ went on saying how the wife was actually on the line listening to the whole thing. And you could just hear the guy going "oh no!". He was so freaked out!. lol! So then the wife started questioning him on the radio, asking who that was and why he did it and all that. He was still busy "explaining" himself when I had to park and go in so I didn't hear the very end. That was just odd. BUSTED! lol!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I knew. But denial is a powerful state of mind.
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I knew, There was a noticeable change in behavior that I kept telling myself was just my imagination and to stop being paranoid. I should have followed my instincts but my nature was to trust.

^^^ This