Things that suck about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• toni_myers0915
    toni_myers0915 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    When you're making salmon and mashed cauliflower for dinner and your boyfriend comes home with pizza for himself and the kids!

-_- I wanted to cry, it's just not fair sometimes. I even look at a piece of pizza and gain 5 lbs. He, on the other hand can eat half a large pizza and the other half tomorrow for lunch and not even gain a pound.

^^AGREED! My BF has a crazy high metabolism, and used to do this to me all the time. Thankfully now he's on the same page as me, which helps so much.

I'm with you guys on this one. My husband can eat anything and he trys to put on a few pounds!! Came home last night to the smell of homemade fries. Thankfully there were none left when I got home and I had my grilled chicken and salad. he is trying to sympathyze with me but he slipped up last night. I can still smell those fris though!!!

^^^^^^^^^AGREEE!!!! My husband is so thin and literally eats whatever he wants and he so doesn't understand weight loss!! This is the hardest part for me, I did just start on Monday so I can't relate to anything else really except for the peeing every 1 hour!! lol
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The Bingo Wings (loose upper arm skin) ... yuck. No matter how much I lift, it's gross. HOWEVER, until I can afford to fix them, I will wear them with pride. Being 92 pounds lighter is way better any day, saggy boobs and flappy arms and all!
  • marsbarsx0
    Options
    I just want to wear a tshirt that says: "yes, im losing weight. No, you cant comment. Have a great day!"

This. I need this shirt. I enjoy the occasional "you look great!", but not the constant "don't lose too much or you'll blow away" and the like.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    The next thing is that I miss being able to eat :( I love food and it sucks not being able to eat it! I miss being able to go out frequently for nice dinners (and dessert) and I miss not having to ask the waitress for the 'nutrition binder' and just being able to order what sounded good to me. Needless to say I really don't enjoy eating out much anymore because I can't choose what I want to eat and instead have to choose what I 'can' eat based on my calories for that day.
    I eat anything I want. I just eat less of it, save it for later. It is great because I get to have what I want more often.

Normally I do this also but it is impossible when eating out because if I just eat a little bit of something I 'want' it is never enough to fill me up and I end up being hungry and having to eat more later. I can't go out for a nice dinner unless I have around 3000 calories to spare..of course in the summer when I start hiking again I might! I'm planning to do my 12 mile (20k) hike on a day when we are going to go out for dinner so I can at least enjoy it! I hate "exercise" but I love to hike!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I hate when you run into people you haven't seen in a while & they notice the weight loss, but instead of a proper compliment it turns out insulting. For example, saying something to the effect "Wow, you've lost weight....you look so pretty now!" :huh:

Or, "You've lost weight--have you been sick??"

For most of our society fat is normal, and they think we must be sick if we are over 18 and slim.
  • pink_adrenaline
    Options
    BAKING SODA and Vinegar? What about the smell of the vinegar? I'd get kicked out of my house. How does this work? Thanks for the tip! I have horribly oily hair and I've tried it all except the smelly stuff. HELP!
  • BigJza
    BigJza Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Fat is an excellent insulator. I lost 40 lbs. of insulation and I've been freezing cold all winter. I'm going to be one of those little old ladies who brings a sweater to the grocery store.

GLAD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE!
  • BigJza
    BigJza Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I tell everybody I'm dying...sounds morbid and horrible but keeps the ****ers off balance. Cause seriously...**** off..im doing GREAT!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'm the queen of ebay at the moment. I've trawled through for a brand I know and snuck my way down the sizes from a large Aus 16 to a 10 for $10-$20 a pair for $100 retail work pants...... Yet I still have NOTHING TO WEAR every morning when I look in the wardrobe.

I know the feeling I spend an awful lot of time sifting through listings on ebay. I've gone from a AUS 24 to a 16 just buying some 14's now as I type this
  • furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    When you're making salmon and mashed cauliflower for dinner and your boyfriend comes home with pizza for himself and the kids!

Actually salmon and mashed cauliflower sound delicious! Better than pizza, esp. since 98% of pizza tastes like cardboard, salt and grease.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If I could give away cups of my boobs to some of the ladies here, I would do so in a heartbeat - I for one am not going to be sad if I go down a few cup sizes as I'm a 42-H and looking forward to the boobs shrinking a little (or a lot). I seem to be the opposite of most women though and that's the LAST place I lose it. Even at my lowest weight they were still like a 40-DD, so they're not going to go completely away.

As for what I hate about losing weight is just how slowly it comes off - like I know it's a process and it didn't go on overnight so it's not going to come off overnight. But like I thought when I lost 25 lbs I'd go buy myself a dress and it was so discouraging because I couldn't find anything that looked cute - it's like I still have a LONG way to go before I can go in a store and have a lot of options.

And another one is all the people who are like "You should try this" or "Carbs are your enemy" - like I told my coworker I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast and she said super seriously "My doctor said that's the WORST thing you can do." Okay...well considering my bowl of Special K doesn't have a lot of calories I think I'll still eat it. And no to that HGC diet or whatever it is - another coworker swears by it but I can't live on 500 calories a day especially when I burn over 500 a day working out - I might as well starve myself.
  • Csengure
    Csengure Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    When I got my driver's license last summer, I lied and told them I was 175. I shaved about 20 pounds off. Now I'm 33 pounds lighter than the lie weight and the picture barely resembles me. I won't have to renew it until 2017 and every time I look in my wallet I'm grossed out by my former self.
  • furrina
    Options
    My rings fall off. I'm constantly losing them in my purse and all kinds of other places.
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    My work uniform was baggy to start with. Now it's ridiculously baggy, but the boss says I can't have any new things until next year...
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    All these "sad little raisin boobs" comments are freaking me out. I've only lost 15 lbs out of about 55 (I put in the wrong starting weight and MFP has never let me change it back) but I am 5'7", weigh 180 and wear a 38E bra. Even at my skinniest - 115 lbs when I was dancing 8+ hours a day in college - I was still a C/D cup. Thing is, they were cute and perky then because I was 22, and now they're... not so much with the perky. They're not like grandma levels of sagging, but I'm afraid that if I lose weight, they're going to be little flappy deflated flapjacks :( Definitely would consider a boob job when all the weight's gone!

My thing-that-sucks: All of my pajamas are falling off me these days. I always bought them loose to be comfortable and now I'm sort of swimming in them. I like my pajamas, dammit!
  • furrina
    Options
    I am such a lightweight drinker now. At over 300 pounds I could easily kill 2 bottles of wine and a 6 pack without being phased.

Now a couple of glasses can send me tipsy.

Yes, but I find it's so much nicer being a slender, elegant alcoholic than a fat drunk. :bigsmile:
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My balance is off. I am used to throwing around a lot more weight so sometimes I over do it and fall. I never used to be so clumsy. And boobs. They didn't shrink much, 44 H to a 36 G but they are pretty deflated G's. *sigh*

Forgot this one... Bleacher seats. No more cushion on my butt and they hurt. I can't seem to get comfortable as my butt really hurts!
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Seems like the only area I've lost major inches is my chest. So, now that my stomach is still huge, I look like I have a prego gut. Sigh, in time I guess. :(
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I think there's something wrong with my boobs because at 180lbs I was a 36DD and at 138lbs now I still wear a 34DD meaning the DD cup size is still the same. :|

My goal is to get to 120 (I'm 5'2) but if they stay DD I'll probably look ridiculous. :S

Welcome to my world. I have been a DD since high school, no matter what my weight. At one time I was 125lbs and a 34DD. smh

Hello!! I am a G for goodness sakes!! a G!! lost 128 lbs and only 1 cup size!! from 44 H to a 36 G. I hate them Try doing push ups when your boobs are already touching the ground! lol I FEEL YOUR PAIN
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!