Things that suck about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• BeFitwithT1
    BeFitwithT1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My body shape has stayed the say. Everything has shrunk down but all the proportions relative to each other still look the same to me. Its like really, where has this 30+ lbs actually come off from?!? It really messes with my self-esteem.

Also, the unwanted attention from guys. I've been overweight my entire life but was confident with how I presented myself to the world. I really felt like I knew how to dress for my size and accentuate my strongest attributes and if the opposite sex didn't see that, it wasn't my problem. But now that I'm shrinking down, I feel like a teenager all over again trying to find my sense of style and self. Even though I don't always 'see' my weight loss, the guys seem to and I'm afraid I just come off as *****y now when I don't know how to respond to their remarks.
  • nicarey19
    nicarey19 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You will never hear me complaining about losing weight but this is an odd observation I have. Before starting I'd only imagine myself losing weight from the fatty areas on my body eg. Upper arms, thighs etc. However other odd places of my body are losing fat like today I noticed my knees, ankles, collarbone, wrists and elbows are more "bony" however its not really a good look and I'd much prefer the weight shifting from my hips, stomach, thighs and other typical places faster!

I hear you, my fingers have lost a lot of weight...and I have a ton of cute rings that don't fit anymore:(
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    not one single thing!
    havent lost my boobs and I look the best I ever have at 45!
  • HelenaHanbasket
    Options

One more thing I HATE it, last night my husband started coming in the bedroom with a full bag of chips and chip dip. I said you can't bring those in here. he got upset with me. So I go on to say, you can eat them but go to the living room. His reply is but I want to be by you. AH NO NOT WITH THOSE CHIPS!!!! :mad: I swear husbands don't even get it, they say they do but they really don't :grumble:

TOTALLY inconsiderate! Mine makes POPCORN! Grrrrrrrr!!
  • HelenaHanbasket
    Options
    People who are bigger than me and who see me losing weight asking me "what are you doing? You are really losing!"
    and when I say "counting my calories and working out 45 mins a day" they look at me like: :noway:
    and say "no, really, what are you doing?" or "have you tried cabbage soup/lemonade/starvation/removing your stomach/dislocating your tongue diet? I heard its easy and it really works! my cousins-sisters-mothers-brothers-son in law lost 400lbs on it!"
    :explode:
    they WHY did you ask me if you have all the answers?!
    No thanks, Ill keep losing MY way, at least I wont die doing it!

LMAO!!!!

Yeah they all want a magic wand cure. I am thinking about making one up. Some bizarre thing, like "Oh, I just drink bat blood once every full moon! But of course it has to be a first born, female VIRGIN bat, and her eyes must be azure blue. Really simple!" Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Going out for a girly night and thinking "hmm shouldn't really have that" I genuinely love food :frown:

Also the peeing, constantly peeing!
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I can't exactly vent about problems relating to losing weight to just anyone. Most people would be happy to see the pounds gone. Here are a few things I'm feeling sorry for myself about.
    -My boobs look terrible and my new bras look like training bras compared to my old ones. (36D to 36B) I'm losing all the weight from the waist up and making no progress on my butt and legs.
    -It takes twice the work to burn the same calories. (Yes, I know this just means I'm more fit.)
    -I have NO summer clothes besides tech tees and running shorts. And I'm between sizes at the moment so no shopping for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have lost 45 pounds and I'm eager to knock out the last 25 pounds. I just needed to vent. Add your complaints to the list.

I can totally relate. I haven't went back to get fitted but I was a 36D AND I'm pretty sure I'm a 36B now. I lost so much upper body fat, besides a nicely sculpted booty (squats) I still have so much work to do on my legs. I only wear like exercise clothes or leggings because nothing else really fits. I do not want to buy anymore clothes because they don't fit any more than a month. I am happy about the weightloss but I have my moments of complaint. :grumble:
  • luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Challenge:
    "take picture of bottom from back and side view (wearing undies or swimsuit bottom of course)
    Every day for 30 days....

50 squats
    50 lunges

Day 30... take another picture and compare.
    If it's not starting to lift and firm i'll eat my words!! "

Going to try this-can't hurt anyway :happy: Tired of saggy 'elephant bottom'
    I guess I'm lucky because I enjoy shopping for clothes. But I do shop clearance racks, thrift stores and love consignment shops! Have given away most of my too large clothing. Sold some, need to sell more! Have to make room for new clothes that fit!

Other than saggy thighs, tummy and bottom--nothing has sucked about losing weight. :flowerforyou:
  • janahcarter
    janahcarter Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    One thing I hate is I love clothes and I always find such cute dresses. I will carry them around the store and once it's time to check-out, I've convinced myself that I don't need to buy it because it'll be too big for me in a couple of months. I would love to go into the store, pick out a dress and just buy the damn thing without worrying about it being too huge on me in a month! Another thing...boobie shrinkage. It's just annoying that I spent so much money on bras and now they are too huge. I was in the dressing room the other day, trying on a dress and was shocked at how truly noticeable it was that I had on a too-big bra.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I can't exactly vent about problems relating to losing weight to just anyone. Most people would be happy to see the pounds gone. Here are a few things I'm feeling sorry for myself about.
    -My boobs look terrible and my new bras look like training bras compared to my old ones. (36D to 36B) I'm losing all the weight from the waist up and making no progress on my butt and legs.
    -It takes twice the work to burn the same calories. (Yes, I know this just means I'm more fit.)
    -I have NO summer clothes besides tech tees and running shorts. And I'm between sizes at the moment so no shopping for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy to have lost 45 pounds and I'm eager to knock out the last 25 pounds. I just needed to vent. Add your complaints to the list.

All of the above, except the boobs thing, I can't wait to lose mine. I've gone from 42DD to 38DD, whoop big loss. Last night I did a hybrid of Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism and the strength exercises from Ripped in 30, normally that workout kicks my butt, but last night I barely reached my target heart rate and I was doing the exercises double-time.
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    +Shaving my arm pits has gotten much harder. How are you supposed to get into the hollow places?

+Being called "skinny". I'm not SKINNY, I'm trim and fit!

+Not having enough time in my day to get all the workouts in that I want to do. I'm in training and need a lot more time to improve.

+Can no longer wear my wedding ring, and currently can't afford to get it re-sized.

Side note: I also lost my boobs and was upset at first but now I'm glad. They don't bounce around and they do look much perkier. Also, they are uneven and that unevenness was WAY more pronounced before. Having less mass means having less difference between them. This has made me very happy :) Padded bras are great, too.
  • DarkshineGirl
    Options
    I've got the opposite issue- I'm losing inches all over except in my boobs! My bra band size has even gone down, which makes them look even bigger. My shirts are beginning to feel like circus tents but it's impossible to find a shirt that is fitted just right. Of course, my boyfriend sees absolutely no problem with this...
  • Adah_m
    Adah_m Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    1. Losing 100 lbs and people still thinking you're chubby and looking at how much you still have to lose when all you want to do is jump up and down and yell about how amazing life is -100lbs.
    2. Looking in the mirror and forgetting all the progress when you see how much there still is to do.
    3. sagginess in my belly and boobs. At least when I was big I was pretty firm. Now things are flabby and jiggly. I'm trying to tone, but I have a lot left to lose (50-75 lbs to go). The fat hides all the muscle I'm building underneath.
    4. Buying pants and them being parachutes in a month. Having pants taken in and them being parachutes in a month. I just started wearing leggings most of the time. Just have to deal with pants for work.
    5. Losing all my weight in my legs and butt, and my belly still looking pregnant. I'm worried I'm going to end up a size 6 on bottom and XL still on top. No amount of crunches lowers the amount my belly sticks out. No amount of losing weight/working out gives me the same shape as pre-weight gain. at this weight before, I was a beautiful hourglass. Now I feel like a beanbag chair.
    6. Wanting to start a family in the next few years. Worried I will lose 150 lbs just to gain a lot of it back in pregnancy. Wanting to reward myself with a breast lift when this is over (going from a 44H to a current 38D, I assume they will get even smaller. I want a C cup hopefully by the time I reach goal weight, but I don't want them to look like deflated balloons.), but afraid to get the breast lift before babies because I heard it will defeat the purpose?
    7. Worried that I'll be stuck in skinny body but with saggy boobs/belly for 5-7 years while having kids and growing the family, until we're done with children and I can get things lifted. I worry that simply toning will never put my body the way it could have been if I'd never gained the weight.
    8. stretch marks. All over me.
    9. Worried that I'll do all this hard work and still never dare to wear a bikini because of the stretch marks/loose skin.
    10. I'm losing weight in my face and I don't want to lose my cheeks!!!
    11. my step mom lost a huge amount of weight and she looks ten years older than she is because of the extra skin/saggy neck. I want to look my age still when this is over (which is 23 by the way.)
    12. I love the compliments actually, but people get used to your new size and then the compliments stop. :(
    13. My family (parents) refuse to notice or acknowledge the hard work, because they thought I was fat the first time I weighed this amount, in high school. They won't think I've acheived success until I have my breast bone showing. Yuck.
    14. My husband has no idea how to lose weight or the proper way to support me because he's been skinny with skinny mom and sisters his whole life. The idea of losing weight is foreign to him. He tries to help but gets confused. Some days he serves me an apple for dinner thinking he's doing the right thing, some days he says "you're not eating enough, I'm worried it's not healthy" or "I'm going to miss your softness, don't get all hard with muscle and bony". I try to explain to him what I'm doing/ why an apple a day is starving yourself and wrong, and it feels like I'm making excuses to eat and horrifies me.
    15. Which leads to the last one, which is that aligning your desires/retraining your mind to look at food correctly and not glorify it, sometimes you go over the top and dread food. You eat three or four bites of food, just enough to stop the hunger pains, and think "I should stop now." any bite over that, even if you're just trying to reach minimum calories for the day, feels like you're back on a binge and you're going to wake up 300 lbs again in the morning, and everything you've accomplished will dissapear.
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    What do I hate about losing weight..

Well, not really with losing weight, but I hate exercising with such massive boobs. I'm like a 40-42 DDD and I'm 18 years old. Like, come on. I had to start wearing a bra in 5th grade. I'm hoping to shrink to a nice C cup :)

I also hate that my boyfriend eats crappier than I do and has lost more weight. On the other hand, I'm super proud because he just hit under 300! Looking sexier all the time ;)

I hate that I've lost around 13 pounds and haven't really seen a difference. I also kinda hate the stress of counting calories. And I hate that there's fast food everywhere.

I hate that my jeans are too big. Seriously. One time, I was walking up the stairs and they fell off... at least it was at home.

Also, the only comment I've gotten was from my boyfriend's mom, who doesn't like me too much. She said, "Wow, you're getting really muscle-y. You should stop that." Excuse me? I've still over 200 pounds. I'm not overly muscle-y. She's literally over 300 pounds. So she can shove it. I'm going to look amazingggg :)
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options

2. everyone asking how I did it and being worried that I'm going to cause my MS to relapse. I want to say relax people! I'm not worried about it so why are you? It makes me feel like I have to defend my choice to be healthier.

My BFF has MS and also works out like a mad woman. I truly believe that its one of the things that has kept her alive, honestly. According to her neuro, she should be completely wheelchair bound and unable to speak. Yet, she's still working full time, exercising 5-7 days/week doing everything from 90 minute elliptical stints to crossfit and TRX. Your friends are worried, which is nice, but I hope they start seeing that as you work to be healthier that MS doesn't get to win. Good Luck to you!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    - I was always cold at every size, but it is definitely worse now.

- Having to spend tons of money on new clothes.

- My boobs are significantly less "full" and round, but they haven't even gone down a cup size.

- So much attention on my body. At first I loved getting the compliments on my weight loss, but it has become such a topic of conversation amongst my coworkers, they are always commenting on my weight loss and how I look good and it'sn ice toh ear in a lot of ways, but it also makes me feel self conscious that people are paying so much attention to my body.

- I've actually become MORE critical of my body than i was when I was at my heaviest.

- No longer being able to eat and drink whatever I want whenever I want! I know better now so I would feel guilty and know I would be setting myself up to gain weight, but sometimes I miss being able to eat whatever without a second thought.

- Jealous/unsupportive friends/family.

- Feeling like I can't talk about my fitness achievements around some people (like running my first 5k race) because they just don't want to hear it because it makes them feel bad that they aren't doing anything to get fit.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I used to burn way more calories when I exercised in my all natural fat suit.
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    HAIR.

Now that I am working so much, I have to wash my hair more often. They get oily faster, and in general, my hair is not thanking me for this.

This may sound really weird, but maybe not. Try washing your hair with baking soda and vinegar. There are lots of "pooless" websites that talk about going shampoo less. I have not washed my hair with shampoo in two years. Even with working out, I merely need to rinse my hair twice between cleanings. My hair is thicker and wavier since starting. When my hair is cut, is the only time it gets "shampooed".
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    When you're making salmon and mashed cauliflower for dinner and your boyfriend comes home with pizza for himself and the kids!

-_- I wanted to cry, it's just not fair sometimes. I even look at a piece of pizza and gain 5 lbs. He, on the other hand can eat half a large pizza and the other half tomorrow for lunch and not even gain a pound.

Yes! This for sure!!! It sounds like my hubby aand son!
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I have the tiniest wardrobe in the coun try I think. Can't afford to buy many new clothes, and anything I do have, I wear so often that it gets worn after a few months and needs to go, so building up a new wardrobe goes sooo slow. Catch 22.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!