Things that suck about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    1. Disappearing boobs :(
    2. ALWAYS cold
    3. clothes are falling off but no $$ for new stuff that'll fall off soon anyway!
    4. Finding joints and bones that never stuck out before the hard way (ie. hitting hip bones off counters and realizing there's a lot less padding to protect it!)

The positives far outweigh all of these :bigsmile: but these are annoying nonetheless!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold.

maybe low in iron!

yes same here. i got iron pills, i only take one pill twice a week bc they cramp my stomach up but it totally helps
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Here's mine- people telling me that I "don't need to lose any more weight."

They don't know my body, I do!

THIS! Did I ask you what you thought? no! Do I care? no!
    Plus, I haven't lost enough weight to show my effort is worth it so many people just think I am a crying health freak when I order something small and bypass the soda. "What do you think you are? Healthy or something?" Yeah.. actually, I am trying to be, maybe you should try it. Weight is a number, healthy is something I want to be regardless of how I look.
  • kimmiedunne
    kimmiedunne Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold.

THIS!! I am constantly cold now!
  • akitagirl78
    akitagirl78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Here's mine- people telling me that I "don't need to lose any more weight."

They don't know my body, I do!

I totally know what you mean. I haven't heard that in a LONG time, but I used to get it all the time. So annoying. :explode:
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The accountability and responsibility that go along with it. ...it's friggin' easy to be fat. Being healthy, eating right (whether that means eating clean, or just eating within your calories), working out, it's all added **** I have to do each day. I already work at 10 hour day, I don't particularly relish the idea of adding to it. It's soooooooo much easier to not think about how many calories I'm consuming, hit the drive through instead of cooking, and then go home and watch a Law and Order SVU marathon, then it is to count calories all day long and go home and work out, and then count some more calories. I miss the freedom of not being in weight loss mode. I feel like that is the biggest thing I give up. ...and it sucks.
  • tlmalbq
    tlmalbq Posts: 2
    Options
    targeted weight training for upper body - specifically pectorals- builds up the chest muscles under your breasts and can really help with an improved look. it takes some time, but is worth it
  • kmchambers64
    kmchambers64 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much to complain about. But the whole cold thing scares me. I am always cold even at my high weight. I live in Texas, and, in the summer, most places indoors are too cold. I am worried I will need a winter coat for the theatre in August.
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm not concerned with my boobs shrinking so much as deflating I don't want flopping boobs- bouncing is cool but flopping? No thank you :frown:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    And I'm cold. All the time.

I noticed this too. I was always warm in the winter but THIS year, I am always cold....hands, feet and nose. With the extra weight and hot flashes, I was happy to see winter hang on as long as possible. Not now. I want it GONE. Ready for spring temps....which the weather people say are another 2 weeks away, probably.
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I started out at about 40H, by my best guess I'm down to about 36DDD..I haven't bought new bras yet so I'm perpetually walking around with safety pinned bras. I JUST bought the ones I have just a few months before I started losing weight and I'm cheap. I already had to buy 4 more pairs of jeans (2 x14 and 2x12) because my old ones fall off now. I HATE HATE HATE spending money on stuff - I have money, I just hate spending it on stuff.

The next thing is that I miss being able to eat :( I love food and it sucks not being able to eat it! I miss being able to go out frequently for nice dinners (and dessert) and I miss not having to ask the waitress for the 'nutrition binder' and just being able to order what sounded good to me. Needless to say I really don't enjoy eating out much anymore because I can't choose what I want to eat and instead have to choose what I 'can' eat based on my calories for that day.

I eat anything I want. I just eat less of it, save it for later. It is great because I get to have what I want more often.
  • Rehobobound
    Rehobobound Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    A good tailor is your best friend! I've often had things taken in to fit on my way down the scale. Sometimes he'll tell me it's not possible because of the shape of the garment or it's too big. There is no reason to live in frumpville while losing weight and inches. Besides, when clothing fits right, it makes you feel pretty awesome which is just as important as getting fit.
  • nitrogen_widget
    nitrogen_widget Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My tailbone makes it hard to sit in my whirlpool tub or hot tub without reclining & damn near impossible to sit on the floor with my kids.
  • HaleyxErin
    HaleyxErin Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Fat is an excellent insulator. I lost 40 lbs. of insulation and I've been freezing cold all winter. I'm going to be one of those little old ladies who brings a sweater to the grocery store.
    I'm 20, I haven't really lost anything and I take a hoodie to the grocery store.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    HAIR.

Now that I am working so much, I have to wash my hair more often. They get oily faster, and in general, my hair is not thanking me for this.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I just started losing, and went from 278 to 261 in a month. I had gotten to a point where I was comfortable in my skin, but now that I am losing weight, ALL I think about is counting calories, preparing healthy meals, and getting in my workouts at the gym. I am starting to feel very self conscious. Everyone tells me they see changes to my shape, but it makes me uncomfortable to hear about it all the time, and although I love losing the weight and knowing that I'm getting healthier, I feel like my entire life revolves around eating and exercising.
  • caroleeadams
    Options
    I think the best thing I have done besides log in the calories is rotating Jillian Micheals DVD's. Her trouble zones are killer and I am gaining muscles in places like my chest, arms and legs that shred the fat and make losing weight not about the number but about feeling in empowered and in charge. Sometimes when I get into slumps I recognize taking care of me first brings out the best in my performance in other areas of life. Being accountable is part of deciding what I want for myself and then going for it. When I visualize my progress and then spend a few moments recognizing it's up to me and I am worth it!
  • homek1tten
    homek1tten Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I definitely can relate - i've lost quite a bit of weight since having a baby over a year ago and luckily I lost some from my boobs as well as the fullness, they were a G, now i'm a size UK10-12 and am a size F! I get a lot of comments from people even just walking down the street, and i too seem to loose it everywhere else except my waist and boobs...! I keep hoping that with just another few pounds the weight/fat will eventually come off, but unfortunately it will be the very last place to go!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    The boobs. Definitely the saddest part of my weight loss. 38C to barely 34B. No money for a boob job. So, well, shape wear is my friend!

I am literally so excited to lose my boobs. I am a 38D right now and would give ANYTHING to be a 34B again. It's amazing how different people have such different goals, right? :)

^^ This - I'm the same size and I can't wait to lose something off of them :smile:

The problem is that they get smaller (which was ok with me), but not in a good way. Mine kind of deflated and were left looking sad. I'm pregnant, so they've "refilled" for now, but for sure they'll be back to being sad. Depending on what they look like when I get to goal, I may do something about them because before pregnancy it made it difficult to dress properly at times.

ETA that if they just get smaller and don't look sad - that's awesome for you! I think most ladies are not that lucky, though :(

They do firm up and reshape over time. Mine got really odd shaped for awhile, but two years later they are better. Also, my cup size didn't change. I went from a 38D to a 32D. I lost lots of inches, but cup size is figured on difference between band size and actual boobage! So my shape is similar to before just smaller all over. It probably is different for everyone though.

Maybe that will encourage some of you.

Bottom line, I'll always choose slim over all these issues!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much to complain about. But the whole cold thing scares me. I am always cold even at my high weight. I live in Texas, and, in the summer, most places indoors are too cold. I am worried I will need a winter coat for the theatre in August.

Have you had thyroid levels checked? Being heavy and being cold are warning signs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!