Things that suck about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have lost 100 lbs and im the Thrift store queen, Not bragging at all,but even big I was always a dresser and found if I didn't dress nice while dropping I would get depressed. I always found something I loved in the next size and made it my goal. I found someone to sale my clothes to and bought more.
    I do hate I lost my breast =( and have skin no matter how much I work out.
    Best of luck
  • mdusha
    mdusha Posts: 4
    Options
    The turkey neck I'm developing, being cold all the time, feeling conspicuous in a WHOLE different way than before, and the struggle each morning in my closet. I'm also not hip on spending money on clothes that won't fit soon as I have to be thrifty, but I feel a little deprived b/c I look so much better than before, but can't enjoy it as much b/c I'm still on the journey and can't allow myself to invest in transitory clothing so much. HOWEVER, I'm grateful each and every day that I'm making great progress and have found a new life of activity now. Who knew I'd enjoy walking/exercising?
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    People in my life sabotaging my weight loss/fitness goal.

For example,I have family members coming over,bringing cookies,leaving cake,muffins and high in sugar overly processed food in my house(when I tell them not to bring anything) and they conveniently "forget" their food.

The same family members telling me how big I am(when I'm actually at my smallest)I'm not overweight anymore and they were never overweight so my weight loss and being fit makes them angry(for some reason) so they make snide comments.

Being cold all the time.

Having to keep getting new clothes.

No one in my life apart from my husband is supportive,everyone else wants me to fail and it keeps making me wonder why as well as push me, even more to get to where I want to be.

I never had boobs.People talking about my weight and what I'm doing to my body like it's their business.

I am really sad that all my rings are too big now :(

Aside from all that.I'm happy and I will be even happier once I'm toned all over :smile:
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Oh, my favorite one so far (actually really cute) I grabbed a brownie off the table and my nephew asked me all wide-eyed "Can you eat that?" LOL... yeeeeesss, 1 wont make me gain back the WHOLE 50lbs...:laugh:
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    everyone keeps saying "being cold all the time". I don't understand? You are suddenly cold all the time because you lost weight? I've never heard of that, and haven't experienced it since I've lost 40 lbs...?
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I think there's something wrong with my boobs because at 180lbs I was a 36DD and at 138lbs now I still wear a 34DD meaning the DD cup size is still the same. :|

My goal is to get to 120 (I'm 5'2) but if they stay DD I'll probably look ridiculous. :S
    I've only lost 40 lbs and have another 40 to go, but I started out at a 38DD and I'm only down to a 36DD.
    I'm guessing I probably won't go any smaller than a 34 D when it is all said and done.
  • hebbynan
    hebbynan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Co-workers that don't understand! There are a few girls in my office that order out EVERY DAY! They always ask me and I decline now. Then come the snarky comments. Oh well, I've learned to ignore them.

All of you that loose your boobs are my idols!! I'm a 42G right now and cannot WAIT to loose them!! I'd love to be a comfortable D again.....haven't seen that since before my kids! LOL
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    And I'm cold. All the time. Which is bad enough, but in winter in Minnesota, it's really bad.

Same here, never felt the cold as much as I do now, Not in Minnesota, but Buffalo, similar weather.....
  • barbiegirl052
    Options
    I hate when people tell me dont lose anymore weight -_- you dont even know my body.. i d ont go up to ppl dont get any fatter please .. like seriously im at 156 and i want to be at 125lb im 5'3 soo it normal lol
  • cindybowcut
    cindybowcut Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I agree with the being cold. I was always the one in the office that was hot all the time. The other ladies would say that they were cold, I would tell them that was because they had no meat on their bones. This winter I was the once complaining about being cold. The other thing is that I lose weight on my bottom half first. I have no butt, and really skinny legs, but can't seem to get rid of the belly fat. I would also love to lose some from my boobs.
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've been freezing lately.. FREEZING to the point I just want to sit in a sauna all damn day long...

I've also lost my boobs, I'm losing more inches around my bust / chest then I am on my waist / belly....

My fiance will not touch healthy food, so now I'm in the kitchen twice as long trying to prepare my meals, and his.. -_-

On the plus side, all those squats are making my *kitten* look pretty nice.. ;-)
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I can no longer blame obesity for my continued failure with girls. I knew that was never the reason anyway, but it made a handy scapegoat.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I had no issues while losing weight, I really didn't. Then I hit my goal weight and started focusing on body recomposition, and NOW my boobs have decided to disappear. I figured I was done losing weight and it was safe to start replacing my wardrobe, so I went to VS, bought a bunch of bras to fit my new band size, and wore them for about 3 weeks before they started gaping. SO. INFURIATING.
  • beccalynn1981
    beccalynn1981 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as the rest of ya....
    1. ALWAYS cold!!!
    2. Went from a 38D to a very saggy 36B, not much there but not at perky!
    3. Want to buy new clothes all the time, but can't afford to (thankfully I have some friends that are getting rid of their old stuff!)
    4. I look good from the waist up, saggy & jiggly from the waist down
    5. I now have what I call "man veins" in my arms
    6. People keep telling me that I'm getting too skinny...I know I still have plenty of work to do!
    7. Friends eating all kinds of "bad for me" food (cookies, bars, beer, fried food) in front of me & then cracking weight loss jokes

My list could go on & on...But I don't care because I DO feed better about myself & certainly DO NOT want to go back to where I was!
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Unsolicitated advice on what I "should" be doing...

Loose skin on my thighs (this one is driving me crazy - I'm going to get it hacked off by a plastic surgeon at some point)

Weird comments from coworkers

Staying within my clothing budget
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Loose skin, being cold, and I miss ice cream, cookies, and ribs!
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    1. finding ways to afford new clothes
    2. avoiding weird comments from weird co-workers
    3. the feeling of being "in between"...not quite lost the weight...still working on it...

^^^^1& 3^^^^^
  • meljames1911
    Options
    Oh, and drinking so much water you pee once an hour. That sucks.

Haha, phew, not just me then :)
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    no boobs
    loose skin
    less free time
    wrinkles
    saggy neck
  • khemory
    khemory Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh the horrors of being skinny...lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!