Things that suck about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    The Bingo Wings (loose upper arm skin) ... yuck. No matter how much I lift, it's gross. HOWEVER, until I can afford to fix them, I will wear them with pride. Being 92 pounds lighter is way better any day, saggy boobs and flappy arms and all!

Yes this too. My 4 yr. old thinks it is funny to play with them!
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    The seats in waiting rooms are even harder these days, now I don't bring my own 'cushioning' :laugh:
  • leotardbanshee
    leotardbanshee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Looking like a smaller version of my fat self because I haven't been able to exercise due to illness. Also, I like nice expensive bras. I am afraid to go down a size! None of my undies or jeans fit me. Cant borrow clothes from my friends (too big) I'm spendding less money on alcohol but more on healthy food. All of these things I can live with because I'm a sexy beast :)
  • leotardbanshee
    Options
    Or when no one notices your awesome weight loss but you :'(
  • Brummig
    Brummig Posts: 94
    Options
    That people who were very supportive about the first stone or two, now feel a little "threatened" by the 5 stone, the "oh, you weigh less than me now" comments, soon followed by "of course, I've been told I shouldn't weigh less/ look bad if I do/ feel unhealthy as I am not eating enough" or "I could loose more but you have to be happy, and if I only ate lettuce I'd be miserable" (implication - you're miserable!)

And the boobs - gone from 40GG to 32F
    and the cold...

nothing that is not totally blown away by the feeling of getting into a size 10 with no problem
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    When I loose weight, it always comes off the wrong places

My boobs
    My *kitten*

So I end up with a massive gap in the cup of my bra, and my jeans go all saggy on the bum......that's annoying
  • leotardbanshee
    Options
    Still have cellulite! Always going to have it. Need plastic surgery or Epic self confidence and self love and acceptance to deal with it lol
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    ummm.... NOTHING?
  • Angiebabe2
    Options
    The assumption that other people have a right to make very personal comments on your weight loss it reminds me of when I was pregnant and complete strangers thought it was ok to touch your stomach to feel the baby , losing weight doesnt mean I lose my personal space!

When you can see the envy in your friends eyes not a good look but you want to yell you can do it too! But I keep my mouth shut I have learnt not to try and sell it to tothers losing weight for a fat person well me at least was a little like an addict I had to be in the right place and have enough reason to do it and keep doing it

But it feels good
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Not much so far but I am only 1/3 of the way there! Boobs gone down from a 44 FF to a 38 GG so I need to buy expensive bras too. It does mean that now they are lifted up a bit I can see a waist developing. Must lift more as I lose. Flabby upper arms still inspite of the weights work. ho hum!
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    1. "The girls" look like a couple of half empty sandwich bags now and I can't afford, nor am I willing to consider, surgical enhancement.
    2. I'm cold all the time. Okay, most of the time.
    3. People asking if I've been ill (due to weight loss). Someone actually came into my office and shut the door and asked me if I had cancer because that was the rumor. REALLY???
    4. Believe it or not, I'm totally sick of compliments about my weight loss at this point. My body image has always been so poor, I swear all I hear from "OMG you look so great with all that weight you lost" is "OMG you were so gross looking before but now you look normal". I know, pretty pathetic.
    5. Baggy clothes.
    6. When stores order pants, they order 42 pairs in one style, but only one in my size. So I have a hard time finding stuff that fits right unless I get lucky and the one pair in my size hasn't been bought yet.
    7. I have hundreds of dollars in Victoria's Secret bras and panties I'll never be able to wear again, nor can I afford to replace.

HOWEVER. HAVING SAID ALL OF THIS WHINY STUFF. I AM SO DANG GLAD THAT I LOST THIS WEIGHT THAT I'LL TAKE ALL OF THE ABOVE AND MORE TO HAVE THAT FEELING I GET ONCE IN A WHILE WHEN I CATCH SIGHT OF MYSELF IN THE MIRROR AND REALIZE, HEY, THAT'S REALLY ME!!!!
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Things flap now.
    Arms flap. Thigh meat flaps. Stomach flap flaps.

I do Jillian's 30 day shred and it sounds like I have an audience clapping for me. loudly. :blushing:

Some clothes don't fit, others do. Some things are waaaaaay too big and fall off me, others fit weird, buy new clothes and they fit weird...Not sure of my size, just dont want to find out...somewhere between 18-20 (19.5, maybe?)

People ask me "oh, youre trying to lose weight? why?" hello, you dont see this 282lb im carrying around? it aint for fashi
    People see I'm losing and say: "oh, what pill are you on?" this new one called "diet and exercise" man, its working like a charm!

Fellow fat people see me working out or eating right and they say: "oh, I cant do that. Im just gonna cut back and ill lose" while biting burger or inhaling fries. Yeah. Let me know how that works out.

People who make stupid comments about my goal. i tell them that I want to be 165, or a size 6-8, whichever one comes first (I was a solid 10 at 185) and they say "oh thats too small, you will be good at about a 14" yeah, thats still overweight and unhealthy. thats not what I want.

I just want to wear a tshirt that says: "yes, im losing weight. No, you cant comment. Have a great day!"

^^^WHAT SHE SAID!!^^^^....When people ask about my goal(currently 5'3 195) (GOAL under 150/what feels looks good to me!)
    they all say ,Oh, no that's too small,your gonna look scrawny,..your big boned!,your meant to be a "big girl"-To that I say MIND YA DAMN BIZ"
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    My clothes don't fit
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I'm still not at my final goal but ..

-Fitting into my stuff either too big/too small.
    - Working out burns less calories as my weight is smaller
    - looking at smaller clothes, despite the labels looking like they'll
    work but still finding I'm bigger than in my head when trying
    on designer stuff. grrr.
    - Having to spend money for my 'tween' sizing .. which sucks.
  • miri17k
    miri17k Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to have this kind of problems:)
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    1. finding ways to afford new clothes
    2. avoiding weird comments from weird co-workers
    3. the feeling of being "in between"...not quite lost the weight...still working on it...

#3 all the way. How frustrating.. ahhh!
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    tired of buying clothes that fit on minute and the next I look like I have no *kitten*....spending all this money on clothes really does suck...lol
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Always having to buy new clothes but hey, not complaining at all cuz I feel great!!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    1. Being flabby EVERYWHERE! Could wear a size smaller if it wasn't for the saddle bags and flabby stomach. Fitted shirts? Forget it!!
    2. No boobs
    3. Wishing I felt better about my body with 65 pounds gone. Nope. Still don't feel sexy.
    4. Being stuck with the last 25 that I cannot seem to shake
    5. Taking MONTHS to drop 10 pounds, but one bad cheat day and you can gain 5 overnight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!