Can we talk poop for a minute?

Options

Replies

• holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I had really bad poop problems all my life. No matter how much fiber/water/exercise I had, I was never regular. I had weeks of constipation followed by days of cramping and really unpleasant bathroom trips... then I went vegan. Now I go regularly twice a day and have an A+ time of it, too.

I think it was the dairy that gave me the problems.
  • stephanie40403
    stephanie40403 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Best thread EVER!

In all seriousness, Chia seeds, flax seeds, Phillips Colon health.

I was diagnosed with Chrons a few years ago, because I was the opposite, I couldnt quit pooing.

Best thing that ever happened to me was the Phillips Colon Health. It is a probiotic, so it can either loosen you up or tighten you up. Which ever you need.

Once things got settled in the gut, I go at least once a day, like clockwork.

Girls may not poop, but ladies definitely do.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    the moment i started eating paleo, it's one-wipe poops. every time. I don't know what the difference maker is, but I hover around 25-40g fiber daily.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I haven't experienced total stoppage. A day or even two, every once in awhile, maybe - I don't call that a big deal when thnings run on time the majority of the time. My problem has been more of a difficulty in execution once I get into the bathroom. Lately it seems like a lot of very hard work and effort, and all for very little reward. Like, little rabbit rewards, ya know? I looked that up and it told me water and fiber to to get the little rabbit rewards to band together and play like 1 team.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Fiber is the dirty little lie of pooping. It may be good in other ways but does not make you/me go. I have to resort to senna tea almost every night. It works and I plan to keep doing it. You can't stop me!
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i second the fat thing. if you're eating low fat/not getting enough dietary fat, that will def make you constipated.

and, a probiotic may help. i drink acidophilus milk and i'm always regular. if i don't have my acidophilus milk, i may have a problem.

are you a coffee drinker? usually coffee drinkers don't have a problem going right after or soon after their morning coffee. i HAVE to have my coffee before i go to work. i don't like pooping at work.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Drink a cup of coffee while smoking a cigarette... I bet you can't finish the cigarette before you have to run for it!
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue and then read the BEST ADVICE EVER from another MFP poster. I'm sorry I don't remember who it was, but if they see this: THANK YOU! You should try adding a magnesium supplement to your diet. I take one that has calcium/magnesium/zinc (I read several articles before trying just to make sure this was ok to do, and found this recommendation for menopausal women). I take one with every meal. It has completely changed my system! I used to have to resort to good old Exlax every week or so. No more! I'm like clockwork now! I realize this may be TMI for some, but if you clicked on this post, you probably either have the same issue or know of a remedy. For me, magnesium has done the trick~

Oh Crap... I did stop taking the Calc/Mag/Zinc supplement. Need to get more...

And I'm one that feels including some fats in the daily diet are good.

If I eat the Chia Seeds... Cememt Turds.. And they hurt like a SOB and need a bandaid when Im done.

A real fresh orange or apple a day, keeps constipation away!!

Raw Almonds do the trick.

Or this recipe: 1/2 Cup of whole milk, mix with 1/2 cup coffee, & real dr. pepper soda. Go for a jog. :wink:
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem....I would end up taking a laxative just so I could go....I would just get in so much pain because I would have to go..I just started taking Phillips Colon Health (probiotic caps) to help regulate me and they seem to be doing the trick...
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and I am extremely irregular. No matter how I change my diet, add fiber, take away fiber, drink more water, it just doesn't matter. Granted you don't have IBS I'm sure, but figured I'd let you know I feel the struggle there.
  • megenq
    megenq Posts: 5
    Options
    I know that since I lost my gallbladder, if I eat anything with a higher fat content than normal, I normally have to run to a bathroom. I also found that since I do not tolerate Lactose (but not Lactose Intolerant) as well as others, if I have a milk product, besides yogurt and cottage cheese that is above skim milk I have no trouble.
  • 4bigeasy
    4bigeasy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    when my now 24 year old son was 2, he had a problem with pooping. i joked with his pediatrician that i'd give him a cigarette and a cup of coffee in the morning and that would clear up his problem. he laughed with me. have a smoke and a cup of joe. lol!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    "Align" pro-biotic. Its an over the counter wonder drug.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    *giggling like crazy*
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Magnesium Citrate is key to women's health. Make sure you get it and take it daily.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Try Senna -Smooth Move tea. Works wonderssss
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    Are you pooping in your profile picture by any chance?

That was my question.

I wanted to caption her picture with:

"I don't always go poop...but when I do, I make this face."
    9622742_9339.jpg

haha, my first thoughts exactly!
    hope some of this advice works for you OP! :) x
  • Barbsunshine
    Options
    Everyone's systems are different. It used to be all I'd have to do is take a fiber pill a day and my morning cup of coffee, but that doesn't work now. Citrucel just made everything worse. Flax seed just gave me gas. I've found Triple Leaf Dieter's tea in the organic section of my grocery store. Works great!