Can we talk poop for a minute?

Options

Replies

• gmove
    gmove Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Glad I read into this thread! In the begining I was moving along just fine, but things became frustrating about a week ago. I consume plenty of water and fiber and didn't know what else to try. I think i may need more fat! I didn't intentionally drop this low on the fat intake, it just kind of happened.
  • gmove
    gmove Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    EEERRR. Okay maybe I was wrong about needing more fat. I check my diary and apparently I've had plenty. Suppose I'll have to keep searching...
  • mj05209
    mj05209 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    for the people wondering why this topic is under this thread; English Nutritionist Gillian McKeith has a theory that your poop tells you about your dietary and over all health.
  • mazza227
    mazza227 Posts: 15
    Options
    not read all the replies, so not sure if its already been recommended, but lepicol works wonders.
    Its all natural and contains psyllium husks - soluble fibre.... its not just fibre you need... its getting the fibre right for you. For people with ibs I think the wrong type of fibre can actually hold things up more... might sound crazy but I just can't eat bran!.....if you don't fancy seeing your doc, lepicol might be worth a try....
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,729 Member
    Options
    My answer is going to be similar to a couple others. I'm on medicine for nerve pain so this topic has been an issue in the past. I started taking magnesium (malate, but don't think it matters) for spasms on a chiropractor's advice and noticed it seemed to help in the bathroom. The second thing that helped is taking fish oil. I started it for cholestrol and it definitely helps a lot! That adds in with people saying adding fat helps. I go a few times a day.

I noticed when I tried an Atkin's-type diet that I was having potty issues. So were the other two people on the diet, and since we were all staying low sugar including counting fruit sugars, that meant next to no fruit. I ended up stopping that diet, but they maintain on it and have upped the sugar intake to have more fruit and that took care of the problem.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Womans hormones can directly affect BM. Dehydrations can as well. Try adding a low dose of magnesium to your diet. Most people, especially those that workout alot are deficient in magnesium and dont even know it. Try to find magnesium citrate. Dont take too much as magnesium is a muscle relaxant... And can and will relax the bowel muslces and sphincter muscles if taken in excess.
    Also, if yore still having issues try a natural herbal remedy "tea" called senna. Traditional Medicines makes a senna tea that tastes pretty good...
    Try cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower and high fiber cereals, but too much of those can work just the opposite,too.
    Good luck and happy producing, lol. ????????????????????????????????
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Even after a glass of prune juice and flax seeds and chia seeds and coffee and spicy Korean food (i'm in Korea) and laxatives and prayer, I only go once (barely) in 3-4 days. I have to do an occasional enema or I'll end up in the hospital with enteritis. A joy to read, isn't it guys/gals!? :-/
  • meriken
    meriken Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    try this ive recently tried it and it seems to work. cut 1 lemon and give it a bit of a squeeze into a jug with all of it 8 mint leaves a little crushed 1inch of fresh ginger grated and 1/2 a cucumber into 2 litres of water let it steep over night then drink all of it the next day. takes a while to get used to but its quite pleasant. when i dont drink it i have a bit of a hard time if you get my drift but the morning i start to drink it again it seems to flush me out. I have always had problems this way but i really think this one helps/ good luck oh and give it a couple of days to work the first time.
  • jenniferwren
    Options
    1 serving of dried apricots a day.

was just about to suggest this as i remembered an incident when i ate rather a lot of them not realising the implications :noway: BANG!!! :happy:
  • cainie19
    cainie19 Posts: 126
    Options
    I love threads about poop, because I absolutely love talking about poop. My housemates try and act like they don't like it but lately I've realised that THEY are the ones starting the poop conversations! Cheeky monkeys. Anyway, to the point in hand! Cups of tea and exercise are the things that make me go. I can pretty much rely on going in the morning and then mostly in the night. Some days I go after each time I've eaten. Some days I go before breakfast and then after breakfast too! My bowels are a law unto themselves a lot of the time. But the morning poop is the most reliable. Try tea to get you to go! :)
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    A cup of white seedless grapes a day....
  • elfelejtem
    Options
    Try a yoghurt,caffe always does also the job for me,even milky one,and if you have this kind of problem then maybe you should have to try having regulary soup in your menu.
    I never had problem,but i do enjoy all those i just wrote,so maybe thats why.
    Good luck

Miss Piggy
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Are you eating natural fiber or things like fiber one bars. Those things can kill a gut for sure.

That's for sure! I agree... I eat one everyday. (Oats and PB)
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Think yourself lucky you don't have the opposite problem, for the longest time i had irritable bowel syndrome couldn't go on any trips too far from a toilet without a guarenteed need to go. But since changing back to a more vegetable based diet i too don't poop anywhere near the bulk i use to but that doesn't bother me. i've pretty much always gone twice in the morning and very little for the rest of the day, peeing however is regular.

Roast Pork, Pork Chops or thick ham off the bone keep me flowing. i can eat bacon, sausages (except spiced like mettworst and pepperoni), thin sliced ham but the other pork based products, bam within hours i'm off to the toilet.

Fibre does nothing for my Poop.
  • SheriBethB
    SheriBethB Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The answer is obvious. Toilet yoga. http://www.toiletyogamovement.com/

Or coffee and a cigarette.
  • Zumba365
    Zumba365 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Chinese buffet FTW!
  • Barbsunshine
    Options
    Everyone's systems are different. It used to be all I'd have to do is take a fiber pill a day and my morning cup of coffee, but that doesn't work now. Citrucel just made everything worse. Flax seed just gave me gas. I've found Triple Leaf Dieter's tea in the organic section of my grocery store. Works great!

I realized I was using one of Triple Leaf's other teas. Actually, the one that works the best is the "Super Slimming Tea." It contains senna along with other herbs.
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm always a sucker for a good poop thread :laugh:

What I've learned is regular means regular FOR YOU. There's no rule that says you should be pooping every day. For me, its more like every 3 or 4 days. But its very consistent. I also eat a lot of fiber and exercise regularly. So as long as you're not uncomfortable, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • kittycatmom
    kittycatmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Quoting my grandfather who lived to be 98 1/2 - never had a weight problem and was of sound mind until the end - "give me cashews - they work as well as prunes and taste a lot better" :)
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    girls dont poop

So true. We don't fart either....we fluff.