Story behind your username

Options

Replies

• agirl4me
    agirl4me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    After having 3 boys I finally got my baby girl :-) so my username is agirl4me
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Self explanatory really...cos I just love love love Volkswagon Golf (all my 3 cars have been VW Golf) and I love to own a GTi or R32.
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have used cleb since 1995... the internet was new and I was lazy... CLB are my initials... I added a vowel... I pronounce it like celebrity... Around 2001 or 02 I ran into a site that already had a cleb... well crap... what does a lazy user namer do... I added my location... I live just outside buffalo, NY...

and that is how we get buffcleb
  • goombasmom
    goombasmom Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    "Goomba" Nickname for my son. Came from Nintendo, those evil little mushroom people in Mario-land. When my son was less than a year old, he was constantly crawling. He'd get underfoot and my hubby and I would trip over him.
    + mom

you get the story :)
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have been taking flamenco classes for 7.5 years. My original photo was from a flamenco recital, but I changed it to a pic when I was in Madrid, seeing lots of flamenco shows!!!!!!!
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am not a chef but I love to cook and try new recipes + my name is Tom.
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My first name is Angel (yes, it's my real name), last name starts with H, and the year my sorority was founded. :tongue:
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    My dad always called me Slim, little did he know I'd eventually have trouble staying that way. The rest is my birthday. Super exciting right?
  • Prettee2B
    Prettee2B Posts: 39
    Options
    Majority of people don't like giving flat out compliments so they'll say silly things like "You're pretty to be fat, or she has a pretty face, or you're too pretty to have all that weight, have you ever considered doing this or that" ect ect:frown:
  • amazonmama69
    Options
    I was always at least a head taller than my classmates and by the first year of high school, I was 5'10"--awkward for a girl in the '60s.

At a school dance, a boy much shorter that I was (like most of the population) made the comment, "Sheesh, what an Amazon!"

It stuck--there you go! BTW, I didn't stop growing until I reached 6'1".:wink:

And wish I had a dollar for every person who said, "Oh, your tall, you don't have to worry about your weight." Newsflash--I can gain 25 pounds before I notice a change in my dress size--not good!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    In my last big, huge, scary, drug-induced weight loss, I belonged to a site called Tales From the Scale, which was very cool. We would weigh in on Tuesdays. I took to saying, "Onward and downward! (Scale-wise)" and it just has remained as the one positive from that time.

I gained it all back because drugs don't work, but here I am and the attitude is the same. Onward and let's see those numbers go downward.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Mine's a pen name, been using it for years.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    It's my twitter name, which my friends came up with when I signed up for twitter. It's 'MC is better than you' -I'm not egocentric, it just kinda stuck as a username that isn't always taken.
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    In 1999, I climbed Mount Castelluzzo in Italy. It's not really a mountain, just a bump on a hillside. But it has special significance to those who know who the Waldenses are. If you don't know, google it and have a nice history lesson. :)

DSC_0444.JPG
  • kasslass2
    kasslass2 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    When we were kids my brother would always say "Kassie Lassie with a big fat assie" (and hell I was tiny then!) ha
  • Poppet2909
    Poppet2909 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My Dad (RIP) always called me his poppet, I don't think he actually knew my real name ha ha (+ my birth day and month) :)
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    Well, my first job was a drug runner disguised as a cyclist. My code name was Mare, a pun on mule, which means sea in Latin.

Hmmm, maybe some of that isn't true. I run and live near Seattle.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I have used cleb since 1995... the internet was new and I was lazy... CLB are my initials... I added a vowel... I pronounce it like celebrity... Around 2001 or 02 I ran into a site that already had a cleb... well crap... what does a lazy user namer do... I added my location... I live just outside buffalo, NY...

and that is how we get buffcleb

Gotta love a firefighter (married to one) :smile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I love how this older post got resurrected which is good because I changed my username recently :bigsmile:

I was susank66 but I thought that was kind of boring and lacked creativity so...

I have a Mustang that I only drive in the summer and my friends here on mfp started calling me Mustang Susie (for the song Mustang Sally) and it stuck!
  • MissStick
    MissStick Posts: 21
    Options
    These are fun to read.

MissStick - I'm a woman that uses a white cane = Miss Stick. Put the two words together though and it sounds like mystic and I thought that sounded kinda cool.