5'9 and taller ladies

Options

Replies

• yrambot
    yrambot Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    totally need to start a tall gal club! I am 5'10" and currently about to break the 200lb barrier. I was 145 after losing 50lbs 5 years ago, and then gradually put it all back on again. Now I will be thrilled if I get to 150. At my thinnest I could fit into a size 8, but really size 10 is where I will end up for the most part.
    It is nice to see other tall gals on here because like someone said, 20lbs gets lost on us, where short people it would be the world!
    And I honestly don't know how there are size 0 tall pants... can someone explain how that works?

Mary
  • shiplizard
    shiplizard Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    6'1, shooting for 180-- or 190 if I can get the muscle mass on instead of fat. I'd be cool with 22-25% body fat or so. My lowest was 180 back when I worked a more physical job, and I was a size 12-- but honestly I felt a bit scrawny, I really need some meat around the arms.
  • mxzilla
    mxzilla Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm 22 years old, 5'10", and I started out at 190. My goal right now is 150, but since I honestly don't know what I'd look like at that weight, I might shoot for 140 afterwards! Then again, I do have a small frame -- my wrists are tiny at a 6" circumference, so 140 might be completely doable for me, where it seems like it is too low for others around the same height. You have to take your frame size into account too!

I bought a size 28" pair of jeans -- wearing a 30" right now -- to accommodate my weight loss, but just looking at them, it seems impossible that I'll ever fit! Like putting a square block in the circular hole haha. I hope I can get there~
  • mxzilla
    mxzilla Posts: 14
    Options
    What is sexier, Kate Moss or Wonder Woman?

Wonder Woman. Most definitely.

They're both sexy! And that's speaking as a comic book nerd and self proclaimed Wonder Woman fan.

There isn't anything wrong with being naturally skinny, either. Fat shaming, thin shaming, whatever-- not good! We can't point fingers and tell someone their body isn't good enough, as I'm sure most people here have experienced. It's not fun.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    This thread might be my most favorite ever! I'm 5' 8.5" and I wasted half my life trying to reach 128lbs (even reached it and got below it a time or two). Thanks to the careless comments of some idiot I knew in college, all my adult life, I thought that I had to weigh below 150. I thought I wanted to be one of those little girls that a guy can just pick up and toss over his shoulder. But, now I know: hellooo?!?? I'm 5' 8.5"!!! So any guy who is gonna pick me up and throw me over his shoulder, had better be pumping iron!!!! haha!

After kids and a decade passed, I just wanted to lose weight gained in pregnancy, and be a "respectable weight" (still stupidly focused on the scale number). But after being on MFP and reading how much calories/food heavier overweight people get allotted to eat, I was jealous and decided that I want to weigh as much as possible, while still being a good size...so that I can EAT as much as I want! Because metabolism doesn't care if the weight is fat or is muscle...the more you weigh, the higher your TDEE will be! (muscle=weight, BUT weight/muscle = metabolism!!) So, now, after some research, I've found that when I was falling below 150 (by extreme dieting), I was wasting away alot more of the muscle than the fat--and killing my metabolism in the process, dooming myself to gain it all back AS FAT. So, for now, I probably want to lose about 20 pounds of pure FAT and that should hopefully put me in about a size 6, but very toned. Thanks to this thread, I know that if that puts me at or above 150...who cares?! That's NORMAL for my height!! Yay! Thank you! I currently do not own a scale or know how much I weigh and am eating at the calorie level I'll be able to maintain at my goal size (2000 cals).
  • marshmallow8978
    marshmallow8978 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, currently 200 after having a baby. My first goal is to get back down to 180 so I can fit in my clothes again, and then get back down to 165-170. I don't really have any desire to be less than that, plus I look and feel healthy at that weight!
  • REGINALDOOO
    Options
    So glad I found this group! :) I'm 22, 5'9" and started out at 196 and am currently 189. The lowest I've ever been was 150 in high school. I've been chubby since puberty so I'm not even really sure what my body looks like under here, but I have an ample chest and hips. My goal is 145 and depending on how I feel about what I look like then, decide if I want to gain 5-10 pounds and maintain that weight. Honestly, looking and feeling healthier are a lot more important to me in the long run than whatever weight I end up.
  • binze48
    binze48 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm right with you! I'm, 5'11 and right now (I think) my goal weight is 180-190. Maybe I'll change my mind later once I see what I look like then...but I'd be happy under 200!

I'm 5'10" and my goal weight is the exact same as yours, i just want to get under 200 and then determine if i want to lose more.
  • sheriapryor
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and 270 lbs. I really want and need to lose 50 lbs by the end of this year. It's good to have a group that's for the tall girls. :)
  • sheriapryor
    Options
    I'm right with you! I'm, 5'11 and right now (I think) my goal weight is 180-190. Maybe I'll change my mind later once I see what I look like then...but I'd be happy under 200!

I'm 5'10" and my goal weight is the exact same as yours, i just want to get under 200 and then determine if i want to lose more.

That's how I feel too I want to see how I look smaller. My ultimate goal is to be 190-180.
  • sheriapryor
    Options
    What is sexier, Kate Moss or Wonder Woman?

Wonder Woman. Most definitely.

They're both sexy! And that's speaking as a comic book nerd and self proclaimed Wonder Woman fan.

There isn't anything wrong with being naturally skinny, either. Fat shaming, thin shaming, whatever-- not good! We can't point fingers and tell someone their body isn't good enough, as I'm sure most people here have experienced. It's not fun.
    Wonder Woman is a beast though lol.
  • annasbones
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5"10 and I'm currently 124lbs but my goal is 118 that's 8 stone dead. Good luck everybody!:wink:
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 123 pounds (down from 170, then up from 115). I'm slowly gaining muscle now. :)

It all depends on how much muscle you have! I looked "fatter" at 115 pounds than I do now, because I was skinny fat and have since filled out with some muscle by weight training.
    So you can be 120 pounds and flabby/non muscular and look fine, or you can be 150 and full of muscle and look great, too. Depends on your ultimate goal!

The scale isn't the whole story.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 and built like a Viking. My heaviest was 250-260lb., and my lowest weight was 172lb after I'd reached my initial goal weight. I think I'd look sickly at 160, and if I were to weight train more than I am I'd never be at that weight anyway (haha). I'd like to be in a 170-175 range at the end of it, but I want to be strong when I get there. So if I look leaner and more muscular and happen to be more than that range, then so be it. So long as I'm strong and healthy.
  • EasterKingston
    EasterKingston Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Man I love MFP and the sensible people who use it ;) it's so nice to read everyone's ideas about being healthier and stronger as opposed to the absolute skinniest weight possible!

I am 5'9 and my goal weight is 155, but I admit to being curious about what I would look like now at 150. I have no idea at what weight my body will feel comfortable, look good and have the strength and muscle definition i would like.

I don't remember what my weight was the last time I looked at myself and didn't consider myself overweight. I will say however that right now, with still at least 33 lbs to lose, I love feeling TALL again, and long limbed, instead of just big.
  • ChristinaD2
    Options
    I am 5'9" and my goal weight is 130 lbs. I chose that # as my goal because that had been my healthy weight for most of my adult life, prior to gaining... The weight that I am losing, was put on in the past 6 years. My high weight, my "rock bottom" weight was when I reached 200 lbs. I have lost 19 lbs. from the first of the year and have 51 lbs. to go. I would welcome any of you lovely tall ladies as friends, so please feel free to send a friend request :flowerforyou:
  • LauraRN88
    LauraRN88 Posts: 46
    Options
    Feel free to add me anyone! I'm 5'9" and currently weight 171lbs. my starting weight was 190lbs and my goal is 140lbs. I'm currently at a plateau with my weight loss but I'm still sticking to it and hopeful I will start losing again.
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and currently aiming for 154lbs. The lightest I've been is probably 149, three years ago, and that suited me well, but that seems quite far out of reach at the moment. 154 should at least get me into some of the clothes that have been sitting in my wardrobe, unwearable, for the last year!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and weigh around 150.. give or take a couple pounds of water weight :)

I started at 180. and ultimately, I would like to get to 140, but I'm pretty happy where I am.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    154lbs is really good, I don't think you need to loose 10 or 15 lbs more

Why don't you now start doing some weights to tone up? Pilates or yoga classes? Swimming? Just tone what you have

I'm around 134lbs at 5 ft 9' and everyone has said I don't need to loose weight, I am going to get a weight programme made for me at the gym, also going to jump on body pump classes

I do agree that with me when I loose too much, I look too skinny, and goes off my bum and boobs....nice to have some curves

Well done for your weight loss