5'9 and taller ladies

Options

Replies

• 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 123 pounds (down from 170, then up from 115). I'm slowly gaining muscle now. :)

It all depends on how much muscle you have! I looked "fatter" at 115 pounds than I do now, because I was skinny fat and have since filled out with some muscle by weight training.
    So you can be 120 pounds and flabby/non muscular and look fine, or you can be 150 and full of muscle and look great, too. Depends on your ultimate goal!

The scale isn't the whole story.

I agree with this
  • colleenp2803
    colleenp2803 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Rachel, I am with you.. I am 5'11" and 214 pounds.. If I get below 170 I look sickly.. but I am striving to get to 170.. working my tail off and coming off oh so sllooowwww.
  • fitnfabulous
    Options
    funny enough i was just discussing this with my husband! I'm 5'9" and I was 135 for my whole 20's. Then...at my highest I got to 199 lbs. I was telling my hubby I wanted to get to 145 lbs around a size 6/7 for me. my husband feels for my age, i turn 40 in June, that is too thin. my profile pic on here was when I reached 164 lbs. my new goal is 160 lbs so that I can gain up to 165 during vacations and holidays. at that weight I'll be a size 9/10. i'll be a woman that looks healthy and have some curves just like i feel a woman should have.
    i think your weight should be where you feel your best at. we are all so critical of ourselves. i'm not saying at 160 i'll feel 'good' about myself. I'm sure when i get used to being 160 i'll feel 'fat' again! we all need to learn to be comfortable in our bodies and know at what weight we feel 'good' at.
    at 164 I felt healthy and looked healthy. that's my goal.
  • Michla518
    Michla518 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been literally up and down the scale. I do know for me, that at 5'9", I look and feel my best around 150. I have a big chest, and that pretty much stays, but I also carry my weight in my hips and thighs, so at that weight, I wear a size 8 or 10, depending on the cut of the clothes.
  • Biindi
    Biindi Posts: 10
    Options
    Great posts! I'm 5'9" and 158 en route to 137. When I'm at mid-140's though I'll re-evaluate, and perhaps do some weight training to get some muscle definition...otherwise the string-bean look applies. Bottom line - does it feel right/healthy? Thanks also for the post that reminds some of us that we're no longer in our '20s, so need to take a deep breath and give ourselves a (little) break!
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and 188 currently, I have never been below the 180s as an adult (I'm 40 if that gives you an idea of how long I have been overweight) but I'm thinking 160-165 would be a good size for me? I'm a runner and have a fairly athletic build from that now, but I'm unsure where I want to get to. I've been pretty stalled out for quite a few months, so I have no idea if I will even lose more? *shrugs*
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my current weight is 266, my goal weight as of right now is 185. I think when i get there if I still want to lose (which i probably will because thats still the "overweight" area on the BMI scale) I will set my goal down to 170-175. I don't want to be tiny, I just want to look better than I do now.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, currently 148lbs, goal weight of 140. Its great to hear other peoples goals and current stats, gives us a sense of proportion :)
  • DLowry179
    Options
    I'm 5' 10", and 285 lbs. I was 140 lbs. back in 1985 when I got married for the first time. After having the kids, I never made it below 180 lbs. I met my current husband at 180 lbs, and that is my goal weight to get back to. I just pulled out the wedding pictures a few weeks ago, and realized I look good at that weight. (Compared to how I look now). I remember at the time thinking I looked overweight. Now I have a lot of work to do to get back to that weight. I am a stress eater, and went through a VERY bad time around from 2005 to 2007. Things are getting better, slowly, so it' time to release this weight. Because of my height, my weight gets distributed all over, so it's hard for people to determne just how much I weigh.
  • gettingbec2basics
    gettingbec2basics Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'00" and my goal, at least for now, is about 185. And that's a long way off. It's hard to set that goal because I don't know what 185 looks like on me, it's been that long. I think I'll probably reassess once I get there, based on body fat, muscle, etc. I don't ever see myself as super skinny, I just want a strong, healthy body. Whatever that is on the scale :)
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    We should start a tall girls group....seriously! :wink:

It is good to hear from those who weigh more because we are taller...it helps to keep things in perspective!

I am 6'1" CW 188. SW 210. GW 170. I agree it is so important for tall girls to know we are not going to weigh the same as our not   so tall friends Lol! When I was in 6th grade I was 5'11" and 150 lbs (great weight for 5'11") my girlfriends were 5'2" and 110lbs. I felt huge until I realized I would be dead or at least look dead at 110. It really helped me feel better about myself. Now I embrace my height and am realistic about a good weight. And my husband loves my height! :wink: Good luck my beautiful tall friends! :flowerforyou:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal 140. I felt best at 130 though so if I can manage it that will be my ultimate goal.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'11 with a solid build so my goal is 185
  • JosieFury
    JosieFury Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just a hair under 6'0" and 159 at the moment...not too happy about it so I'm going for 140 and we'll see how I feel there. Was always happiest between 125-135, but then again I'm built like a spider who's missing a few limbs.
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    me I am 5'9 and 142lbs and I am a size 8 but I also have wide hips (thanks to 3 kids) and a nice round bum LOL that prevents me from being able to ever fit into a size 6 (even when I was at 126lbs I still couldn't fit well into a size 6 because of my hips....and I am happy at 142lbs....this was my goal weight I would like to ton up however
  • Munchkinn99
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my highest weight was 357. My lowest weight was 239 with my goal being 195-199. At 239 everyone was saying not to lose any more weight, but my goal is to lose body fat. So keep the faith and remember that you are doing this for you...not anyone else. Once you are satisfied with you, everyone would eventually jump on board.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" started at 168lbs at my heaviest last April, now at 144lbs and happy with that, at my age I might look a bit too thin if I went under 140. I used to be about 133 when I was your age, and I think that's pretty reasonable - I didn't feel like a bean pole and even back then I used to go to the gym, go cycling and do a lot of walking which kept me well toned. So yeah, seems like a good weight to go for.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I am just a hair under 6 feet. I was 240lb when I started and am currently (as of this morning)174.4! Yay. My current goal is 170. But I have started strength training and am hoping to become more toned. It is kind of frustrating because when I was here a couple of years ago I was a size 10 and am currently a snug 12 but I have to keep telling myself that there is more muscle under there. I don't know what my final goal will be. I am thinking in the 160's somewhere. I have a current BMI of 23.7%. I would like to be closer to 20%. And there is a tall girl group. Let me find the link and I'll post it...
  • ChrissyRMiller
    ChrissyRMiller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and currently weigh 248lbs. My goal is around 145, but ultimately my goal is get my body fat percentage down to 21%-23%. A few years ago I was 170lbs, 31% body fat, and a size 10, so I feel I can get down to 145ish and be okay but we'll see how I look and feel as I get closer to my goal.