5'9 and taller ladies

Options
1234568»

Replies

• RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    5'10" and goal is 160ish. I know the actual number I'm happy with will change once I get there. I've never had muscles and right now weight training is something I'm really enjoying. So considering that I've never had the body I'm currently aiming for... who knows where the scale will end up. :smile:
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and 173 I used to be 201. I guess my goal would be around 140 ish. Looking back when I was a teenager I was like 120 and I was pretty shapeless and skinny. I wouldn't want to go back there
  • spaghetti93
    spaghetti93 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    5'11 trying to get to 150- about 12 more lb. I never had an ultimate goal weight because I didn't know how the weight loss would effect me physically and when I would be happy with how i looked and felt. I've lost most from my legs and butt and a little from my arms but belly is being very stubborn (It's like my butt is living in my stomach lol). If it doesn't improve once I reach my goal weight i'll continue to 145 or maybe even 140. After that I would be technically underweight though, which I definitely don't want.
  • Georgiapeach27
    Options
    I am 5'9". I was around 147 in the swimsuit picture I have. I've always been fairly muscular and my goal weight is 140-145. I don't like to drop lower than 135 because I find myself not strong enough to lift heavier patients. I don't know if it is physical or a mental thing, but I don't like it.
  • AmandaRaeLeo
    AmandaRaeLeo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and my goal is 160 lbs. I do not think anything below that would look very good on me. I don't mind being curvy, I prefer curves, as long as I am healthy. My real goal is to be healthy and happy with my body. :-)
  • hoka_hey
    hoka_hey Posts: 4
    Options
    i'm 5'9 3/4 (i know.. i just feel the need to add in the extra 3/4 of an inch...) and 120 lb. I was happiest at 135 when I had muscle and hiked a lot. I stopped working out and lost all of my muscle. I'd like to be in good hiking/backpacking shape again and also good lifting shape.
  • jenbenefit
    jenbenefit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    For my tall girls (I am 5'9), I'm curious what everyone else has set as a goal weight?

I started my new lifestyle (I hate the word diet) right after I had my daughter, my highest weight was 220 and size 14-16. I originally just wanted to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight (170). Once I hit that I wanted to get to my goal weight that I had set before I got preggo which was 155 (closest I got was 160).

Now, current weight is 154 and I'm into a size 6. Everyone is telling me I look good and don't need to lose anymore but I'm not happy with where I'm at. I would like to lose another 15-20lbs, putting me at 140 or less.

Don't get me wrong I know it's not about the numbers more about your overall health but I'd like to hear what other girls my height have to say! Thanks in advance girls. :)

What country are you from if you don't mind me asking? (sorry if you've already answered this). I'm 5'9 and currently 176 and a UK size 14-16. My goal weight is your current weight - 154 pounds. I used to weigh 140 about 5 years ago and for me, it was too thin and unhealthy. But I will just go where my body takes me, as long as I am eating right and exercising 90% of the time I'm okay with that.
  • FarAway02
    FarAway02 Posts: 211
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 11, weighing 161 pounds at the moment... my aim is to get to 140 pounds = 10 stone. I'm not entirely sure what will happen with my body re putting on muscle weight etc so my thinking is just to keep going and play it by ear... I'm not going to push myself to hit an unreasonable and unhealthy goal.

I'm losing weight VERY slowly but can see a lot of physical differences so I assume I've been losing fat and gaining muscle... if this process continues chances are I shan't make it to 140.

Time will tell!!

As a side note: I'm REALLY interested in finding some TALL GIRL FRIENDS... so please feel free to add me :)