what does your breakfast in the mornings?

Options
123457»

Replies

• nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    mine is either a egg beaters and card board (whole grain round) or a smoothie 1/2 cup 1% milk, 1 banana, 1 cup ice, 2 T peanut butter, and 2 T chocolate syrup.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    What does your bfast look like? Mine is 5egg whites, 1 whole egg with some green pepper, onions and turkey ham all diced up together, a cup of oatmeal and 2oz of avocado and cant forget about half a grapefruit

yeah alright, but do you even lift?
  • disluvs4u
    Options
    Yogurt,blackberries and granola. Coffee
  • SRHelicity
    Options
    I found that I eat fewer calories each day when I skip breakfast, despite the notion that skipping breakfast tends to increase "gorging" and binging later in the day. I began to search out why this is, and I ran across this article on Leangains -> http://www.leangains.com/2012/06/why-does-breakfast-make-me-hungry.html
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    my breakfast consist of 2 cups coffee, 3 eggwhite omelet w/cheese, 2 pcs of canadian bacon, cup of hash browns o'brien, 1/2 cup peaches, 1 mini danish, clocks in at about 325 calories.
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lurking for ideas.

Mine always includes a smoothie (1.5 cups frozen fruit + 1 cup plain almond milk + sometimes protein powder). It also sometimes includes a batch of sauteed kielbasa sausage and mushrooms, or a couple of small (very small -- we get eggs from my grandfather's hens, but their eggs are about 1/2 the size of store bought) hard boiled eggs.

On very rare occasions, there might be an omelette with spinach, mushrooms, peppers and cheese.
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    egg scramble! I saute a big batch of veggies on the weekend to use every morning- usually frozen spinach + fresh mushrooms sauteed in 1 tsp. coconut oil.
    each AM scramble is some of those veggies + 3 servings liquid egg whites (136 grams/9 tbsp), 2 tbsp lite shredded mexican cheese, 1 tbsp Trader Joe's Roasted Red Pepper spread (adds amazing flavor), and garlic salt. Top with a few slices of avocado (40g) if I have it! yumm. avocado and eggs is the most amazing combo ever. 250-300 cals.
  • peace_frog21
    peace_frog21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Some type of Kind bar (all natural "granola" type bar), a fruit (usually banana) and Chobani greek yogurt. Usually with water, but occasionally juice or a chai tea with soy milk.

I love breakfast....

My typical breakfast a year and a half ago? A Cajun filet biscuit with large fry and large sweet tea from Bojangles...I've come a long way....
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    40gr home made muesli, 100gr fat free natural yoghurt and 1/2 a mango
  • WilmaDennis91
    WilmaDennis91 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I usually have some turkey bacon and eggs. Or a bowl of cereal, or oatmeal. Depends on the day.