A Calorie is a Caloire is a...... let's compare...

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Intake doesn't necessarily imply deficiency.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    and yet even he says you shouldn't do it. :wink:
    But for lack of evidence - which is a lot better reason than so many say we SHOULD do things ;).
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    If I could maintain on 4000 calories I never would have gotten fat.

Difference now is that I exercise daily and make sure I hit my goals. Consciously change my intake if I don't. Versus...not tracking anything in the past.

Maintain at 4k? Are you andre the giant?
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Intake doesn't necessarily imply deficiency.

I digress. I'm still waiting on your references. You made some bold statements earlier about it not being good to get too many minerals and deficiency being rare. How did you come to such conclusions?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Difference now is that I exercise daily and make sure I hit my goals. Consciously change my intake if I don't. Versus...not tracking anything in the past.

5'10" 190. Heavy cardio 3 days / week, lift heavy 3 days / week. Scale doesn't move at 4k. *shrug*

Edited to add: " Anybody want a peanut?!" & "I'm on the brute squad."
  • MissyMouse2323
    Options
    For the sake of trying to eat as healthy as possible and only eating what my body can efficiently use as fuel I would pick the salmon (although I don't know what quinoa is?) I am trying to avoid dairy, enriched flour and grease so the burrito is out of the question.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

5'10" 190. Heavy cardio 3 days / week, lift heavy 3 days / week. Scale doesn't move at 4k. *shrug*

You are the brute squad!
  • magerum
    Options

I AM the brute squad!

Actually:

Miracle Max: Go away or I'll call the Brute Squad.
    Fezzik: I'm on the Brute Squad.
    Miracle Max: [sees Fezzik] You *are* the Brute Squad!

Best. Movie. Ever.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options

I AM the brute squad!

Actually:

Best. Movie. Ever.
    lol, yeah.. I fixed it, but you were too fast.
    Clearly, I need to watch it again soon... It's been far too long. Unfortunately, the wifey doesn't like it... I married her anyway for an assortment of other reasons.
  • magerum
    Options

I AM the brute squad!

Actually:

Best. Movie. Ever.
    lol, yeah.. I fixed it, but you were too fast.
    Clearly, I need to watch it again soon... It's been far too long. Unfortunately, the wifey doesn't like it... I married her anyway for an assortment of other reasons.

Pfffft. Better be some pretty damn good reasons! :wink:
  • acraw558
    acraw558 Posts: 23
    Options
    i think when you have two foods to choose from that are the same in calories, you have to look at the quality of the food. what vitamins/minerals is it going to give you? Which has more saturated/trans fat? how about sodium? fake sugar?

yes, a calorie is a calorie, but that's not the only thing you should consider.
  • magerum
    Options
    i think when you have two foods to choose from that are the same in calories, you have to look at the quality of the food. what vitamins/minerals is it going to give you? Which has more saturated/trans fat? how about sodium? fake sugar?

yes, a calorie is a calorie, but that's not the only thing you should consider.

Curious as to what you have against saturated fat, sodium, and "fake sugar"? Trans fat, I get.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Saw this yesterday, will now reply. I have never had a burrito, so if given the choice I would opt for that. Simples.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I have never had a burrito

...... I don't understand.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    To be completely honest, I will eat both options in the same meal. It is not hard for me to square away 1000-1200 calories when I break fast at noon every day.
  • magerum
    Options
    I have never had a burrito

...... I don't understand.

Does not compute.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I would take the burrito but I would try and make my own to reduce the sodium.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

lol amazing movie

in any case - i'm super curious to see how this goes long term, since you said this huge calorie bump/sugar bomb is only a recent addition right?
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Too funny! I JUST posed this very question to my friend list this morning! Thanks for the info, everyone!
  • magerum
    Options

lol amazing movie

in any case - i'm super curious to see how this goes long term, since you said this huge calorie bump/sugar bomb is only a recent addition right?

Yeah I added 500 calories (mostly pop tarts haha) a month ago to my daily intake. 0 change on the scale. Although for a couple months prior to that I had been eating 3500 5 days a week with a couple 5000 -6000 calorie days during the week so the weekly net was the same.

I just more evenly dispersed the calories a month ago. I'm going to reduce at the end of this week for a month then back on to it. I'm just playing around at this point TBH.

(I will admit, begrudgingly, that I do feel a little hellish after my pizza binge yesterday)