A Calorie is a Caloire is a...... let's compare...

Options
167891012»

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    If I could maintain on 4000 calories I never would have gotten fat.

Difference now is that I exercise daily and make sure I hit my goals. Consciously change my intake if I don't. Versus...not tracking anything in the past.

Maintain at 4k? Are you andre the giant?

5'10" 190. Heavy cardio 3 days / week, lift heavy 3 days / week. Scale doesn't move at 4k. *shrug*

Edited to add: " Anybody want a peanut?!" & "I'm on the brute squad."

lol amazing movie

in any case - i'm super curious to see how this goes long term, since you said this huge calorie bump/sugar bomb is only a recent addition right?

Yeah I added 500 calories (mostly pop tarts haha) a month ago to my daily intake. 0 change on the scale. Although for a couple months prior to that I had been eating 3500 5 days a week with a couple 5000 -6000 calorie days during the week so the weekly net was the same.

I just more evenly dispersed the calories a month ago. I'm going to reduce at the end of this week for a month then back on to it. I'm just playing around at this point TBH.

(I will admit, begrudgingly, that I do feel a little hellish after my pizza binge yesterday)

meh, playing around is what we all have to do at some point till we figure out what works for us.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I have never had a burrito

...... I don't understand.

Does not compute.

whatisthisidek.gif
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Ok, My friend and I were discussing this at an event we both were at. My friend brought a steak egg and cheese burrito from a local taco shop, and I brought almonds and raisins.
    So he made the statement that his breakfast had way less calories than mine, and I'm sure it did, so were were discussing quality of Calories. he maintains that a calorie is a calorie.. (he's a former BB competitor and trainer and genetic freak, he sits at probably %12 BF on a Jack in the box as a diet, and he's 40 I hate him.) but I digress...

So I decided to put together two scenarios... lets say this is a mid meal, or breakfast whatever.. which would you rather eat, and why??

Option 1.
    4 oz Baked Salmon, 3/4 cup Seeds of Change Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice, 1.6 oz of Raw Almonds

Calories: 675, Carbs: 44, Fat: 38, Protein: 39

Option 2.
    Filiberto's Steak Egg and Cheese Burrito (for the record, you have to try one of these Alberto's, Roberto's, Alibertos, some kinda berto's ... all the same)

Calories: 660, Carbs, 44, Fat: 36, Protein: 40

Opinions?

#1 comes out to about 520 cals and only 33 grams of fat... not sure where you got your numbers. But regardless I'd take #1 because #2 sounds nasty... now if it were just a giant plate of fully loaded nachos then I'd probably change my answer :)