What's your love story?

Options

Replies

• Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on the track field at college , he was a discus/shot thrower and i a runner..yes it was love at first sight. He happened to have his shirt off that day ..sporting a 6 pack.. We dated for three years then got married. Three children and 26 years together and he still is my sweet love and Best friend. He is still hot..and he thinks I am too:)

THAT'S what counts!
    Not all the stupid "rate the person above you" threads... :yawn:
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    While in college I worked at a gas station. Co-worker was dating a douche of a guy and said I should date his best friend so we could double date. Met him and thought he was an *kitten*. He had just turned 18 too, I was almost 21. Her boyfriend stopped by my work and convinced me he was just a really shy, quiet guy. Decided I had nothing better to do and went out with him. It was ok. He was cute, but really hard to get to talk or anything. Over the 2months my co-worker dated his friend we'd hang out from time to time. He was shy but sweet. He even brought me hand picked flowers one time. After 3 months, he'd made no move of any kind. NOTHING!! So I did. We got engaged after knowing each other for 6months and got married after we'd been together a year. We'll be married 11yrs this June. And before any of you sh*ts can say it, no I wasn't pregnant.lol. He teases me all the time that he reeled me in, but I feel pretty lucky to have him.
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Something like that. On this site you can see who looks at your profile and this BIG, BOLD, BEAUTIFUL MAN had "checked me out" - so I did the same. 6'4, big broad shoulders, crew cut...

So I sent him a message and asked why he didn't respond. He said something like, well you know exactly what you want and I'm not it, I have two left feet, but I would love to take you to lunch today. (We only lived 20mins apart from eachother)

I was SOOOO disapointed but all the ladies at work convinced me to go to lunch. So when he pulled up in his big black chevy pickup (I'm kinda redneck like that) and stepped out and wrapped those big burly arms around me I melted!

something about those BIG COUNTRY BOYS!!! :love:

I've always loved BIG men, something about the way I feel in their arms I think. :) Loved your story as well! Super CUTE!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Oh Good God, all these posts make me want to go home and watch a chick flick.

I have never been in love and the best love story I can come up with is with a cheeseburger.

I have some pretty terrible stories about dates and break-ups though...

Your younger and aren't missing much. If you want it at some point though, it'll be there. :)
  • Kimberly3013
    Kimberly3013 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mine is an odd story...My husband and I have been together for 12 yrs total. We were engaged for 7 yrs before we got married. We both came into contact on the far East side of Columbus. We had both just been recently divorced so neither was looking for a commitment at that point. We continued to talk and realized our lives had crossed many, many times through the years all over different parts of Columbus. We both grew up on the west side but he is also 16 years older than me. After talking I found out that when I was 2 yrs old and being babysat by my aunt that he was out back almost everyday playing basketball with my cousins. He got married and moved into an apartment where at the age of 13 I was babysitting for his neighbors 2 kids, he was also the manager at the Dominos pizza restaurant where my parents would go every week to get pizza for pizza night, my dad and his mom bowled together at the bowling alley every Friday night until I was about 16 yrs old as well. Back then of course I didn't notice him because of the age difference, but we always laugh now at the fact that I was starting Kindergarten when he was graduating high school. We ended up getting engaged and our engagement lasted 7 years until I got a call one day from the minister asking me what time and how many guests was I expected on Saturday (this was the first thing I heard about a wedding). Somehow he had got an entire wedding together without me knowing and he surprised me. I was scrambling about trying to figure out how to plan a wedding in less than a week. Come to find out all I needed was a dress, he had everyone called and the church was filled with family and friends. He had the flowers arranged and between my mom and him had the reception planned. We have been married for 5 years this May and although we have had our ups and downs he always tells me how proud he is of me and how much he loves me. He may be 16 yrs older than me but he has the energy of a kid and I have a hard time keeping up with him most of the time. I love him more and more everyday.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Mine is an odd story...My husband and I have been together for 12 yrs total. We were engaged for 7 yrs before we got married. We both came into contact on the far East side of Columbus. We had both just been recently divorced so neither was looking for a commitment at that point. We continued to talk and realized our lives had crossed many, many times through the years all over different parts of Columbus. We both grew up on the west side but he is also 16 years older than me. After talking I found out that when I was 2 yrs old and being babysat by my aunt that he was out back almost everyday playing basketball with my cousins. He got married and moved into an apartment where at the age of 13 I was babysitting for his neighbors 2 kids, he was also the manager at the Dominos pizza restaurant where my parents would go every week to get pizza for pizza night, my dad and his mom bowled together at the bowling alley every Friday night until I was about 16 yrs old as well. Back then of course I didn't notice him because of the age difference, but we always laugh now at the fact that I was starting Kindergarten when he was graduating high school. We ended up getting engaged and our engagement lasted 7 years until I got a call one day from the minister asking me what time and how many guests was I expected on Saturday (this was the first thing I heard about a wedding). Somehow he had got an entire wedding together without me knowing and he surprised me. I was scrambling about trying to figure out how to plan a wedding in less than a week. Come to find out all I needed was a dress, he had everyone called and the church was filled with family and friends. He had the flowers arranged and between my mom and him had the reception planned. We have been married for 5 years this May and although we have had our ups and downs he always tells me how proud he is of me and how much he loves me. He may be 16 yrs older than me but he has the energy of a kid and I have a hard time keeping up with him most of the time. I love him more and more everyday.

Neat story!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I went to church in AZ with my now-husband 17 years ago, when we were 10 years old. (1995) I had a crush on him for almost that long. :) My family moved across the country when I was 12, (1998) but we stayed friends and wrote each other letters for the next 5 years or so. When I was 17 (2002) we moved back to AZ, and my family visited our old church. When I walked in, our eyes locked and I knew I was even more in love with him than I ever had been. We dated semi long distance (we lived 30 min away from each other) for a few months, than broke it off because of the distance.

Two years later (2004) we started talking again, and fell in love all over again and dated for a few months until he moved to Brazil, and we sort of put things on hold. We wrote letters for the first year (2005) he was there, then broke if off because of the distance (AGAIN). He moved back to AZ (2006), and dated another girl for 2 years, while I dated someone else too. In spring 2009 we had both ended our relationships, and found each other on Facebook. We exchanged numbers and ended up talking on the phone for four hours. A week or so after that I decided to put in all on the table and told him that I still loved him, and always had. Once he recovered from the shock, he realized he loved me too. We started dating (for the THIRD time) summer of '09. He proposed that December, and we got married Sept. 2010. Been together ever since, and are now raising our adorable munchkin toddler together.

You can't escape fate!

It was your bikini pic that got him. Rawr. lol. Either that, or the Arizona heat!

I vote it was the heat. Must have melted his brain a little. ;)
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    bumping to read the rest later - I have to leave work now and go for a run!
  • hrcowman
    hrcowman Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    4 months ago I gave this guy in Stats class my phone number. I had a crush on him and he needed help with homework, so I took advantage of the situation. The next day I met him in the library and we studied together, all the while talking and laughing and bonding over Florence + the Machine. When we were done we went to the cafe for coffee and he walked me back to my dorm. Before I headed to my room he asked me if I wanted to "hang out again...without doing homework." I of course said yes (which shocked him) and we parted ways. I smiled all the way back to my dorm. He was such a cutie, and he wanted to go on a date with me! We texted nearly every night until our date the following Saturday. We went to see a movie together and had a great time. Unfortunately, we had a little falling out for the next week and didn't talk much to one another. Then my grandma got sick and he texted me to see if I was okay. The next day I was a mess and he told me he'd come over to see me. We sat outside for twenty minutes while I just cried and he held me, then he walked me to my dorm and kissed me on the forehead before he left. The next few days - while I sat in the hospital waiting for my grandma to pass away - he texted me nonstop to keep me company and tried to make me smile. He'll never know how much that all meant to me. This eventually led to us "talking" and we started going out on dates again. Then on November 25th, he finally asked me to be his girlfriend. Sometime between then and Christmas break, we went to comedy show together and he ended up singing Stand By Me to me in front of a hundred people or so - and that's something I'll never forget (ever). Then, for our last night together before break, he spent the night at my dorm and it was absolutely wonderful. We snuggled and talked all night, and I honestly couldn't have been happier. That's when I knew I was falling in love with him. I sometimes sat and thought, this is the guy I chatted with in Stats lab that I never thought I'd talk to outside of class. I had a little crush on him, nothing big, and I didn't think anything would come of it. But here I was, laying in his arms, falling hard and falling fast. I'm not gonna lie - not seeing him for a month was pretty sucky. We texted all the time but I just wanted to see him so bad. I was sooo excited to give him a hug and kiss and to see his smile (as corn yas that may sound), and I did just that when we both came back to campus. I don't know when it was, but eventually I fell in love with him and decided I had to tell him - whether he felt the same or not. So I did that and he told me he didn't know if he felt the same yet. I was sad but still okay with it. I just needed him to know how I felt and I would wait for him to feel the same, because it would be that much more special - and it was. Then, one day, he pulled me aside at his dorm before I left and said he'd "been thinking." I must of looked scared because he said "don't worry, it's happy thoughts!" He paused for a second and flustered around, then he said "I love you." I'm pretty sure my brain went haywire - I was sooo completely and utterly happy. He was perfect just sitting there looking at me with his brown eyes and tousled hair, his scruffy face and dimpled smile. I was crazy in love with him - he made me feel beautiful and I felt comfortable talking to him about anything and everything - and now he loved me too. We're still together now, and although we only just met each other a short 6 months ago, I honestly feel like I've found the one. He's made my college experience all the more worth while. <3
  • ashlyn793
    Options
    I was 18, he was 23. We met online on a Christian dating site in July of 2011 and have been "dating" since August 1st 2011. We started talking on Facebook after I added him there then we started to Skype video chat with one another. He's the first guy I've felt comfortable talking to and telling everything to. I love him so much. We dated over long distance for a whole year with visits from him every 3 months or so. He was from Ohio and I was from Kansas, 999 miles a part. Last August he moved here to be closer to me. Now, we want to get married in a year or so. :smile:
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I met a friend of my SO (Rory) when I was travelling 2 years ago in London. His friend, Mark, said he and Rory would be visiting Los Angeles next month and wanted to meet up for drinks. We met up near my hometown in Laguna Beach and hit it off.

We did long distance for a year and a half (going back and forth between LA and London every 4 weeks) and now he's moved here to LA and we get married next Friday!

ZSy7.png
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I met a friend of my SO (Rory) when I was travelling 2 years ago in London. His friend, Mark, said he and Rory would be visiting Los Angeles next month and wanted to meet up for drinks. We met up near my hometown in Laguna Beach and hit it off.

We did long distance for a year and a half (going back and forth between LA and London every 4 weeks) and now he's moved here to LA and we get married next Friday!

ZSy7.png

Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    4 months ago I gave this guy in Stats class my phone number. I had a crush on him and he needed help with homework, so I took advantage of the situation. The next day I met him in the library and we studied together, all the while talking and laughing and bonding over Florence + the Machine. When we were done we went to the cafe for coffee and he walked me back to my dorm. Before I headed to my room he asked me if I wanted to "hang out again...without doing homework." I of course said yes (which Mshocked him) and we parted ways. I smiled all the way back to my dorm. He was such a cutie, and he wanted to go on a date with me! We texted nearly every night until our date the following Saturday. We went to see a movie together and had a great time. Unfortunately, we had a little falling out for the next week and didn't talk much to one another. Then my grandma got sick and he texted me to see if I was okay. The next day I was a mess and he told me he'd come over to see me. We sat outside for twenty minutes while I just cried and he held me, then he walked me to my dorm and kissed me on the forehead before he left. The next few days - while I sat in the hospital waiting for my grandma to pass away - he texted me nonstop to keep me company and tried to make me smile. He'll never know how much that all meant to me. This eventually led to us "talking" and we started going out on dates again. Then on November 25th, he finally asked me to be his girlfriend. Sometime between then and Christmas break, we went to comedy show together and he ended up singing Stand By Me to me in front of a hundred people or so - and that's something I'll never forget (ever). Then, for our last night together before break, he spent the night at my dorm and it was absolutely wonderful. We snuggled and talked all night, and I honestly couldn't have been happier. That's when I knew I was falling in love with him. I sometimes sat and thought, this is the guy I chatted with in Stats lab that I never thought I'd talk to outside of class. I had a little crush on him, nothing big, and I didn't think anything would come of it. But here I was, laying in his arms, falling hard and falling fast. I'm not gonna lie - not seeing him for a month was pretty sucky. We texted all the time but I just wanted to see him so bad. I was sooo excited to give him a hug and kiss and to see his smile (as corn yas that may sound), and I did just that when we both came back to campus. I don't know when it was, but eventually I fell in love with him and decided I had to tell him - whether he felt the same or not. So I did that and he told me he didn't know if he felt the same yet. I was sad but still okay with it. I just needed him to know how I felt and I would wait for him to feel the same, because it would be that much more special - and it was. Then, one day, he pulled me aside at his dorm before I left and said he'd "been thinking." I must of looked scared because he said "don't worry, it's happy thoughts!" He paused for a second and flustered around, then he said "I love you." I'm pretty sure my brain went haywire - I was sooo completely and utterly happy. He was perfect just sitting there looking at me with his brown eyes and tousled hair, his scruffy face and dimpled smile. I was crazy in love with him - he made me feel beautiful and I felt comfortable talking to him about anything and everything - and now he loved me too. We're still together now, and although we only just met each other a short 6 months ago, I honestly feel like I've found the one. He's made my college experience all the more worth while. <3

Aww... I remember when we first met and saw each other every single day :heart:
    It is special when he makes you feel beautiful :flowerforyou:
    You sound very happy :smile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Oh Good God, all these posts make me want to go home and watch a chick flick.

I have never been in love and the best love story I can come up with is with a cheeseburger.

I have some pretty terrible stories about dates and break-ups though...

Your younger and aren't missing much. If you want it at some point though, it'll be there. :)

Yep :smile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    All these stories have been great!
    I love reading about love :love:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm single and bitter! Ok, not bitter. Bored?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    We were both young when I first saw you
    I close my eyes
    And the flashback starts
    I'm standing there
    On a balcony in summer air

See the lights
    See the party, the ball gowns
    See you make your way through the crowd
    And say hello, little did I know

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles
    And my daddy said stay away from Juliet
    And I was crying on the staircase
    Begging you please don't go, and I said

Romeo take me somewhere we can be alone
    I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
    You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
    It's a love story baby just say yes
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Whats love got to do with it? :huh:

[img]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh521/LindaLaurelin/Facebook/Black and White II/484995_345011818938952_1879878824_n.jpg[/img]
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    Whats love got to do with it? :huh:

[img]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh521/LindaLaurelin/Facebook/Black and White II/484995_345011818938952_1879878824_n.jpg[/img]

You're going to tell us how you met Ike? :wink:
  • coz1979
    coz1979 Posts: 120
    Options
    Met my husband when I was 17 he was 18, I was looking for a job saw an article in the paper for waitress started straight away my husband was also working there as a barman we bumped into each other and it was definitely love at first sight!! He would come to the restaurant on his day off to see me and to build up his courage to ask me on a date, I said yes straight away. 17 years later we happily married with a little boy and my husband is still and will always be the love of my life :)))