What is the one thing that kills your motivation completely?

Options

Replies

• AmandaMarie916
    AmandaMarie916 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That time of the month or 2 weeks before.

Exactly this. I feel so drained and have to push myself because I'm just so tired
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,463 Member
    Options
    I am Bi-polar, I have no real motivation. I am trying to get out of the house for some activities, taking a walk, I sing in a choir, going to the store grocery shopping and that is it. I have tried going to the gym, but the gyms in my town, they are all about body building. So my depressive stage just gets worse. I bought a trampoline jogger as I have arthritis in my knees so can`t run, I get on it maybe once or twice a week. The medication I take helps with the disease so I feel better, but it does not help getting me up and exercising. :mad: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • Zepplipop
    Zepplipop Posts: 33
    Options
    What is the one thing that kills your motivation completely?

NOTHING. I straight up, jack-moved murdered the thing that killed my motivation. The end, sucka.

I win.

^^ this :)
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Weekends!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Lack of sleep (not talking about 2 hours a night here but anything less than what I usually get - I need a lot of sleep!)

Not being able to say no. (Want a cookie? Want to catch a movie? Want to sit on the couch and be lazy?)
  • melleose
    melleose Posts: 4
    Options
    Feeling dirty
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    In the winter, when it's -40 something outside. Balls to that, I'm not leaving the house!
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    nothing kills my motivation
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Winter! I can hope up and practically run to the gym when it's warm outside. When it's cold, I don't want to do anything :/
  • Hooyah25
    Hooyah25 Posts: 10
    Options
    My kids drive me insane when I am trying to work out. That kills my motivation completely because I just need time to concentrate and my infant and toddler bug the heck out of me. I love them so much, but it is hard to do yoga and listen to my infant cry (she's teething) and my toddler climbing over my back and coughing in my face.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Motivational posters and slogans...
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    being accident prone and inquiring myself.
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    food.... my weakness
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    after trying really hard and seeing no improvement I feel like i'm just destined to be fluffy forever.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    hangovers kinda suck donkeyballs.
  • Sherae12
    Sherae12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Feeling confident. The number one killer for me is when I look in the mirror and like what I see. Instead of using that as motivation to keep going and maintain my work, i use it as a crutch to lean on for a few "cheat days". It's a vicious cycle and a terrible mind set.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options

OMG yes.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    My confidence (looking in that mirror and thinking I am never going to be able to do this) as well as stress (which leads me to being drained emotionally) and my depression and anxiety.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    It's very rare when something completely kills my motivation, but when it does, it's usually getting only a few hours (think 3-4) of sleep the night before and functioning in a zombie state the next day (this probably happens twice a year).

And the only other thing that's ever kept me from exercising, was stomach flu and regular flu. That'll knock me down for the count for a minimum of 2-3 days. But then it's not so much lack of motivation, it's knowing that I NEED to rest.
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options

OMG yes.

Very true. But even when I'm hungover, I force myself to go and at least walk on the treadmill or something. Just to do *something* vs sit in my self induced misery. :drinker: