What is the one thing that kills your motivation completely?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• brentalanrhodes
    brentalanrhodes Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    An injury will KILL my motivation. I'm "babying" a pulled tendon in my left arm and it is KILLING me that I can lift like I want. Very defeating sensation.
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    bad weather and being over tired.
  • canadiandee
    canadiandee Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Definitely getting sick. I had the flu in January. Worst 3 weeks and worst way to start off a new year.

Weird. Getting the flu was the trigger for me losing the weight. I'd been sick for a number of days, couldn't keep anything down except broth, figured I had a head start on reducing my caloric intake. Forty pounds later ....

Travel and going out seriously erodes my motivation. I love going out with my husband, having a good meal and some good conversation. Typically, I allow myself this once or twice on the weekend and that, I think, gives me what I need to get back on track from a dieting perspective, but going out makes me too lazy to go to the gym.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Drinking alcohol the night before, even just a few drinks. I always feel really washed out the next day. I usually just chug a gallon of water and have some coffee and can get going, but man, that initial kickstart is brutal.
  • Scarlett_Belle
    Scarlett_Belle Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    A migraine. If I can feel my pain with every step- I'm done.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    hangovers kinda suck donkeyballs.

This and being sick!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    My allergies are the worst. It doesn't just kill my workout motivation, it kills all my motivation. Can't get over how many years it took me to realize that. Admittedly it has gotten worse over the years, but still, shouldn't I have noticed that my whole life always falls apart every damn Spring?
  • metermaid11
    metermaid11 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Anger. When I get angry about my job. About being broke. About being left alone at work to do the job of two people. When someone from the main office calls and is snotty when I didn't do anything wrong.
    I get home and DH hasn't done a thing. Again.
    I just take what life gives me. And then I stuff myself.
    Rant over for now.

I could have written this entire post word for word. I am right there with you.
  • 1goodgranny
    Options
    A horrible day at work. Customers are unforgiving, a lot even taunt me for my weight as they leave. Others just taunt me for my place in life, working at Wal-mart instead of being in college. Its hurtful and crappy. That's why I work out in the morning before I do anything.

Stay the course & use their comments as motivation. You'll show them!

And you know what? Honest work is honest work, no matter what you are doing or where you work. Be friendly, look people in the eye and speak to them. MOST people will respond positively. As for the others? Forget them. In the scheme of things they mean nothing.

Good luck!
  • 1goodgranny
    Options
    Anger. When I get angry about my job. About being broke. About being left alone at work to do the job of two people. When someone from the main office calls and is snotty when I didn't do anything wrong.
    I get home and DH hasn't done a thing. Again.
    I just take what life gives me. And then I stuff myself.
    Rant over for now.

I could have written this entire post word for word. I am right there with you.

Me, too!! Except since using MFP I have quit stuffing myself. I hate being over in calories!!!
  • LittleBonni
    Options
    I could say depression or anger or sadness... but my true motivation killer is: BROWNIES.
    I can't stay away from them. If I see them, all motivation goes down the drain. When I'm depressed, I can still somewhat control my eating and I keep a little will-power, enough to hold me over until the feeling subsides. But not with brownies. Everything goes out the window when I see those.

Which is why they are banned from my house.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Not feeling well when I wake up. It has been that way for a few weeks now...massive headaches that won't go away all day. I try to push myself to workout, as I did yesterday and then today I woke up and felt good, got out of bed, and almost collapsed because I stepped weird on my foot yesterday. Ugh... lol.

When I first changed my diet, cutting out the junk, eating much more protein, etc, I used to get headaches too. They went away after a while though.