What have you learned in MFP's forums?

Options

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I've learned pretty much everyone on here is obsessed with sex, particularly in regards to who on the board they would bang.

Also, I've learned that sometimes you think someone must be joking when they post... but then you find out they're completely serious. That's frightening.

would bang
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I learned that everyone is an expert! And I know absolutely nothing about Weight loss and fitness! And what I'm doing will never work.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I've also learned, it seems, that very few people actually know what trolling (the internet type :P ) is....
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I've learned that many people say they know they can't spot reduce, yet hope someone out there has some magic method "to" spot reduce.

I've learned that the body detoxes and cleanses itself, but somehow a mixture of maple syrup (grade B), cayenne pepper, lemon juice and not eating anything but that will magically help you lose weight, fix all your bad eating habits, fix your metabolism, and make everything just peachy.

I've learned that some people, for whatever reason, decided to create multiple accounts just in case one account got closed so they can continue on in the forums. Accounts that they've held onto for up to 2 years.

Dedication is a virtue. So is patience. And sock-puppeting. I think we can all learn from people like that.
  • NormInv
    Options
    people have an over-inflated sense of self importance.
  • Zulemak
    Zulemak Posts: 7
    Options
    Because of MFP's forums I have learned that;

sadly some starve themselves and claim their tummies will explode with a little over 1,000 calories
    unfortunately some people try to put others down when the person is being honest about their food intake
    Most of us do not have an acurate body image (just read the forums).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've also learned, it seems, that very few people actually know what trolling (the internet type :P ) is....

Trolling is when you disagree with someone right?
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    there are many ways to accomplish the same goal....the only common factors are determination and consistency

I like this.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    That the public education system is a large waste of money.

But the teachers are hot and easy.

You rang?
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    that you need to announce when TOM is here/on his way

that loosing weight makes you so frisky you have to add loads of "exercise" cals
    I burned 10,000 calories today! LOL!
  • NormInv
    Options

THIS OH MY GOD THIS.

ALSO IF YOU USE CAPS LOCK, PEOPLE PAY ATTENTION.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    If people dont like you and want to make trouble for you they report your posts, and you get handed strikes for things 1000 other people are saying.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    If people dont like you and want to make trouble for you they report your posts, and you get handed strikes for things 1000 other people are saying.

Truth, yo.
  • NormInv
    Options
    That the public education system is a large waste of money.

But the teachers are hot and easy.

You rang?

What a beaut!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    That somehow no matter what form one says something one will try to be offended.
    Oh yea!
    :sad:
  • NormInv
    Options
    People you woludnt talk to in a bar, you will eventually end up not talking to them here - it jut may take a bit longer to figure it out.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    There's always room for a gif on any thread.

[img]http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q521/BlueNosedFriend/GIF FOLDER/Fallingoffaswinggif.gif[/img]
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You'd think with how the word gets thrown around, that is the definition.lol
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I learned that when your "friends" say "please don't go" and "I will keep in touch", they really mean "once you deactivate, I will forget about you"
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    That adults can get just soooo stuffed on less than a thousand calories a day, even as their toddlers blow right past that calorie count.

That 10/would bang is an acceptable answer to any question.

And that the internet is not full of rainbows, cute kittens, and unconditional support my dangerous habits. (I cry about that one.)
    This too