Is MILK work?

Options
Hi my Pals,
As a woman, I need to pour calcium into my body, I use milk without sugar, high Calcium (100ml - 55 cal). As studied a lot of healthy food, I don't see anybody recommend to drink milk. Should I use milk for my daily liquid? Thanks for all of your advice. :love:

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with milk unless you're lactose intolerant.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Milks good..drink it.
  • mthanhtam
    Options
    OK, thanks all. I'll keep drinking :flowerforyou:
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Milk is definitely good - as well as being a very good source of calcium it's a good source of protein, Vitamin B12 and Phosphorus, and a very good source of Vitamin D and Riboflavin. If you're worried about calories/fat stick to skimmed or semi-skimmed.
  • Eoghan79
    Eoghan79 Posts: 6
    Options
    Is used to drink a lot of skimmed milk, maybe a litre a day, but instead of my pint of milk with my dinner ive changed to water and noticed a big difference quickly in my weight loss but i do still drink it, just not as much!!!
  • favreervaf
    favreervaf Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    A serving of broccoli has more calcium in it than a serving of milk. As an exercise physiologist, and nutritional apprentice I don't think milk isn't good. We are the only species to drink milk after infancy. And it isn't even human milk, it's from a pregnant cow. Cow's milk is made for a baby cow to grow larger in a short amount of time. It has IGF-1 factors, and 15 different variations of androgenic hormones. Puss cells, and casien which is known to cause cancer in large amounts. This is probably the reason for early development in children in schools, acne, inflammation, and other problems.
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    breastmilk is the way to go
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Milk is a great source of protein, and really good for you diet, but water should be your "daily" drink.
  • Davina_JH
    Davina_JH Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    A serving of broccoli has more calcium in it than a serving of milk. As an exercise physiologist, and nutritional apprentice I don't think milk isn't good. We are the only species to drink milk after infancy. And it isn't even human milk, it's from a pregnant cow. Cow's milk is made for a baby cow to grow larger in a short amount of time. It has IGF-1 factors, and 15 different variations of androgenic hormones. Puss cells, and casien which is known to cause cancer in large amounts. This is probably the reason for early development in children in schools, acne, inflammation, and other problems.

^ I just want to point out we do NOT get milk from pregnant cows. :noway:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

I wondered how long before the phrase "baby cow" would appear. :angry:

As John Wayne might (or might not...) have said "get off your horse and drink your milk".
  • favreervaf
    Options

Ok, true, Cows produce milk after giving birth to offspring. There wouldn't be any point in milk production *during* pregnancy, since the purpose of milk is to nourish the calf post-partum, and physiologically the body would see no reason to produce milk without a baby.
    So they make the cows hormonally always like they just gave birth, very unnatural.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Right, but it's mainly due to odor/hygenic issues for todays society. Wiping your butt after pooping has nothing to do with what we injest and how it effects our body.

I agree that the comparison is completely irrelevant, the implications of which are hopefully not lost upon you.

With love,
    Burt
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yes, we need calcium, and although I have nothing against milk, don't forget there are others sources out there too. I drink milk, but I also like yogurt, cheese, broccoli, light vanilla soymilk etc. If you can't tolerate and/or don't like these options, or if your doctor recommends it, there are calcium supplements you can take too.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    IIFYM. I prefer almond milk and it actually has 50% more calcium. Unsweetened vanilla almond milk is 30 calories a cup and it tastes great in my coffee and oatmeal so that's what I use.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    We're the only species to do a lot of things. That doesn't make it wrong.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Ok, true, Cows produce milk after giving birth to offspring. There wouldn't be any point in milk production *during* pregnancy, since the purpose of milk is to nourish the calf post-partum, and physiologically the body would see no reason to produce milk without a baby.
    So they make the cows hormonally always like they just gave birth, very unnatural.

Cows... just like women, will continue produce milk so long as that milk is expressed. There is no need to do anything to a cow to continue its milk production. Yes, there are some shady dairies out there that try. But most stores sell local milk and all one needs to do is a little bit of research to find out which dairies are using which hormones and which stores sell their milk.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Okay milk is bad, we could argue that all food is bad since we buy most of them at least partially processed. So, let us advocate for stop eating all together! *rolling my eyes*
  • favreervaf
    Options

Cows... just like women, will continue produce milk so long as that milk is expressed. There is no need to do anything to a cow to continue its milk production. Yes, there are some shady dairies out there that try. But most stores sell local milk and all one needs to do is a little bit of research to find out which dairies are using which hormones and which stores sell their milk.

Even if dairy farms do NOT use 'hormones' to increase milk production, it doesn't mean that there isn't still cow hormones in cow's milk because there is. The hormones from the cow are in there, and they are not meant to be metabolized by humans. That is why they cause many overseen health problems that arent attributed to dairy consumption.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    breastmilk is the way to go

Bitty!

http://youtu.be/AOfI48IWESo
  • favreervaf
    Options
    Okay milk is bad, we could argue that all food is bad since we buy most of them at least partially processed. So, let us advocate for stop eating all together! *rolling my eyes*

Why don't you do us all a favor and start that, and let us know how it goes?
This discussion has been closed.