Why hasn't the entire world..

Options
1101112131416»

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Why hasn't everyone in the world realized that the entire world doesn't revolve around them...?

/End thread.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Why hasn't everyone in the world realized that the entire world doesn't revolve around them...?

/End thread.

applause_zpsf9d4c26d.gif
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Applebees, logans, and ruby tuesdays all has a section where It tells you how many calories are in those meals....
  • kgoodman0108
    Options
    pretty sure the average restaurant doesnt have to time or the money to get food items calorically tested like mass produced products are... just gives them greater liability and false advertising to get sued... food chains like mcdonalds,subway, and dennys sure.. but not some average breakfast place

Unfortunately, the average restaurant in most areas is a chain restaurant with mass produced menus and hundreds of locations. There is no excuse as to why they cant provide the total calories next to each item. I think the biggest reason is that they would sell much less of certain foods once people realized how bad they are.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, the average restaurant in most areas is a chain restaurant with mass produced menus and hundreds of locations. There is no excuse as to why they cant provide the total calories next to each item. I think the biggest reason is that they would sell much less of certain foods once people realized how bad they are.

define "bad"
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    pretty sure the average restaurant doesnt have to time or the money to get food items calorically tested like mass produced products are... just gives them greater liability and false advertising to get sued... food chains like mcdonalds,subway, and dennys sure.. but not some average breakfast place

Wrong. Look at menu items that are calorie mine fields yet still sell...take iHOP for example---all nutritional information is available yet people still order stuffed french toast. Or Denny's --they are still selling the grand slam. I think you're being overly optimistic about the likely impact.
  • kgoodman0108
    Options

define "bad"

A salad that really contains just as many calories as a cheeseburger, for example. Or a chicken dish that you would estimate is 500-600 calories, but is really double that. Chain restaurants used a lot of premade food loaded with unnatural ingredients.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options

define "bad"
    calorie dense ....ie grilled chicken cesar salad 1200 cals!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

define "bad"
    calorie dense ....ie grilled chicken cesar salad 1200 cals!
    A salad that really contains just as many calories as a cheeseburger, for example. Or a chicken dish that you would estimate is 500-600 calories, but is really double that. Chain restaurants used a lot of premade food loaded with unnatural ingredients.

But if these are what I want, why are they bad? They aren't calorie dense by accident or because the chef has a secret plot to make me fat. They are full of the creams and oils and fats and spices that make it taste so good.

Good tasting food is the reason I left the house to spend $14 on lettuce in the first place
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    This begging for a nanny state thread is still going on?

GMAFB.

If you're going to a restaurant and want calorie counts? Go to a crap hole like Applebees. You want decent food, go to a nice place, and just adjust your intake prior, during and after. This info is already available to you. Adding in irrelevant data isn't going to absolve you from being responsible for what you do.

At the end of the day, if you like it so much, move to CA or NYC, and leave the rest of the world from turning into a bag of nanny lovers.
  • baptiste565
    baptiste565 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    This begging for a nanny state thread is still going on?

GMAFB.

If you're going to a restaurant and want calorie counts? Go to a crap hole like Applebees. You want decent food, go to a nice place, and just adjust your intake prior, during and after. This info is already available to you. Adding in irrelevant data isn't going to absolve you from being responsible for what you do.

At the end of the day, if you like it so much, move to CA or NYC, and leave the rest of the world from turning into a bag of nanny lovers.
    we new yorkers are comin 2 ur town and taking away all ur large sodas! lol nanny bloomberg says so