Most interesting scars

Options

Replies

• redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was visiting my brother in Colorado a couple summers ago and we went to this fun park with one of those half-pipe style toboggan slides that you ride down on a roller sled. There were 2 parallel slides so my brother (who was 31 at the time) said "Let's race down!". I said "OK!". So we start racing and I end up losing control going around a curve and slide down a ways on my skin. Got some nice road rash which resulted in a nice, big scar on my right bicep and one on my left inner calf.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I have a scar on my nipple from chicken pox.
  • Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Right Corner of my right eyebrow into my hair line. I went through the windshield of a car. After being hit head on. (other minor scars on my forehead from it as well)
    (thanks to the best plastic surgeons ever and a good dermatologist and a hell of a makeup job you can barely notice it)

I also have a HORRIBLE scar on my right knee from falling down wearing a pair of wedges and cutting my knee open with the curb. It had to be cleaned out by my doctor and took 9+ months to heal after an infection. I was 36 at the time. I spent 36 years with perfect legs, now I have the most ugly triangle scar ever from the white meat that became my knee.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have a small scar on my thumb.. It was mosquito bite that I got 6 months ago and I itched it too much and now its a scar lol
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I have a small faint scar on the left side of my face, from when my baby cousin scratched me more then 10 years ago. Who knew baby fingernails could cause so much damage haha! I also have a small bump on my nose. I fell face down from a swing, and smashed my nose on the concrete. Good times!
    Oh, and a hole-like scar above my right eyebrow- i was stung by a wasp.
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have lots..

I have on right side of my chest by my boob and one on my neck. I had a broviac put in when I was 11 for chemotherapy. The tube started in my neck and went straight through my heart and out my chest..

I have one on my lip from being on life support three years ago.

I have multiple scars on my legs and arms from various medical procedures and kid related accidents..
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am a member of the zipper club. Had open heart surgery as a kid. Runs down the center of my chest. I love my scar because it means I'm alive!

Oh my gosh, I am a member of the zipper club too!!! I even have a couple of t-shirts that say "mine ticks" as I had open heart too about 3 years ago at age 44. I have that scar on my chest and then another that runs down the length of my stomach allll the way down, about 4 scars where the chest tubes were put after heart surgery, scars under both arms to take lymph nodes out when I had cancer back when I was 21, one scar on the top of each foot for a lymphangeogram where they ran the die up into the lymph nodes, and a scar on my hip where they took a chunk of the hip bone for biopsy. I am so excited to find another zipper friend. I am not on zipper club on FB but on "mine ticks", "heart valve surgery" and "Coumadin Club".
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I have this little gem. People always think I had one of those vaccines that they stopped giving in like the 70's, although I wasn't even born then. It's really from a lighter. All my friends were giving each other little smiley faces with the bic lighters, but I got my lighter a little too hot, and have this horrific scar to show for it! Oh, what a 13 year old will do to fit in.

scar_zps41dfa6ff.jpg
  • staceyw73
    staceyw73 Posts: 49
    Options
    I have several scars I started getting sticthes when I was very little so I have them from my head ( had a brick laned on my head when I kid a nether kid pick it up and threw it up in the air) to between my toes (steped on a peice of glass.) the one I giggle at is the one I gave my self when I was in iraq back in 04 I was cleaning my m16 and tring to get the grips off and it sliped and hit my self upside the head and it left a scar right by my eye browl. but my most resent are from geting on the back of a atv and they started to go up a heal and it rolled so I have 3 scars from that back surgery (was my second one and that made my tat was cut into twice and doctor took time to line it back up so the teddybear didnt have a messed up head), trak and chest tube. the trak scar will always remind me to stay off atv's (4 wheeler) that there not worth all the pain and medical bill.

trakscar_zpsa5b94fe6.jpgBackscare3_7_13_zpsa35fa39c.jpg

edited to add pic's
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I have a nice dent in my forehead from my older sister dropping me as a baby, I fell headfirst on the top of a metal folding chair, but I think it made me smarter.
    My favorite scar is a right below my knuckles on my index finger on the back of my hand, I put a serrated edged knife right into the bone there after having a low blood sugar attack in high school. The parents were out of town for the weekend and I had a broken pinkie finger so I couldn't get the top of the coke bottle off, so in my desperation I grabbed a knife thinking if I cut the hard top it will relieve the pressure so I can get it open, that didn't work so well. To top it off I just cleaned and bandaged it myself, no stitches. It didn't occur to me till my sugar got back to normal that cutting the soft side plastic would have actually worked.
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    2.5" scar down my right wrist - looks like I tried to off myself - but it's really from a metal plate and 7 screws from surgery... I fell snowboarding and shattered my wrist. At first I was pretty upset about how bad it looked, but now I think it's pretty badass.

• BiggJim38
    BiggJim38 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I got two cool scars on my for head from the 52 stitches, I got from when my dog thought I was a chew toy!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Mine are several small scars on my forearms, upper tummy and chest. Burned a telephone pole in pole climbing school while fully belted. We were doing an exercise of tossing basketballs back and forth in a 'pole yard' after climbing to top of training poles. A portion of my pole broke away releasing my gaff. Ended up standing on the ground with hands and shirt over my head. My shirt, stuck to the pole on my way down. Instructors had to free me. Turns out, they had let the poles go too long without replacing them. As a result I attended my own wedding with gauze coverings on my belly and forearms in a short sleeved wedding dress. Marked forever I eventually worked for 'the Bell System nearly 20 years.
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have an indent in my shin from a horse. I was getting on her, she spooked, and I ended up in the fetal position underneath her as she had a ***** fit. Somehow I was able to cover my head and roll out from under her. It was a disaster that ended up with me wondering why she nicked my shin instead of bashing in my head.

Gotta love 'em.
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Aww Stacey, I have the exact same trach scar. I am very self conscious about it and grow neck/chest hair to conceal it. Does yours kind of "pucker" if your head is turned a certain way when you swallow?

Every single part of my body has some sort of scar. Yes, every single part...lol. The most obvious is a 10" straight one down my right thigh where they had to cut it open to install fixation after I broke the femur. luckily I heal well and most are barely visible. But there are a few that are still discolored.
  • fallbrawl
    fallbrawl Posts: 72
    Options
    Not really interesting but i have a few:

1. The back of my left ear from when i had reconstruted ear drum surgery. (I was 8).

2. My pinky finger on my right hand. I was cutting some meat for a stew and the knife slipped. The bad part is that night was my middle school "graduation". I put 3 bandaids on my finger and it was still bleeding thru. So i put my hand in my pocket. Nothing was going to stop me from getting that piece of paper. lol
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I have a Y-shaped scar on the back of my head that I've never seen. I got it when I was about a year and a half old and I was rolling backwards down the driveway on my Wonder Horse ride on. My sister apparently didn't notice me and rode her bike straight into me from behind. The fender cut my head open and I ended up with a few stitches.
  • ReneeLawing
    Options
    I have a scar on my left knee, I flipped my car 3 times and when i did my knee slid across the pavement. I lost a lot of skin/tissue. SOOOOOOOOOOO NOW, i have a scar that takes up the whole front of my left knee and the only thing between my knee cap and the outside world is a thin layer of scar tissue.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I have a deep scar about the size of a quarter and deep as a nickel on my face. IT was from Basal Cell Carcinoma and is what motivated me to get back in shape.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I have a scar that goes all the way around my waist. Back in 2009, after losing 130 pounds, I had a lower body lift to remove lots of excess skin. It's low enough that it cannot be seen wearing a bikini.

I also have a scar from breast cancer...I will leave the specifics out... :)