Is there such a thing as a heathy dessert?

Options

Replies

• julysbaby
    julysbaby Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste has some amazing recipes. Most recently I made her Mango chia pudding for Easter. Even our pickiest eaters loved it! It was sooooo good!!!!
  • adesousa47
    adesousa47 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I JUST MAKE THE CAKE FROM Dr Oz: 5-Layer Dessert Recipe

Greek Yogurt Cake Recipe

Layer 1:

- Dark chocolate cake mix
    - 1 cup of Greek yogurt - I USE FAT FREE
    - 1 cup of water

Mix ingredients together until there are no lumps. Pour into a cake pan and bake at 350 degrees. The proteins in this layer will activate fat belly burning agents.
  • cidalia73
    cidalia73 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.

You all can hate on it all you want but I've never heard a doctor bad mouth ice cream. Milk, sugar, cream, salt and whatever you want for flavors. Perfection in a bowl.

As long as it's not the artificial garbage that's often sold as ice cream in supermarkets. Read the labels. If you can't pronounce it, or don't know what it is, pass.
  • cidalia73
    cidalia73 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    As far as baking goes, just do it when there are other people around to feed as well. That way, you won't be tempted to eat it all yourself.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    3-2-1 cake

any flavor of cake mix ..... a box of angel food cake ......put the dry mixes in a ziplock baggy .....scoop out 3 tablespoons put in a bowl ...add 2 tablespoons of water mix and put in the microwave for 1 minutes ...instant personal cake .... add whip cream, fruit , chocolate chips or peanutbutter

Awesome idea - I'm stealing it.:tongue:
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I sometimes put a tablespoon of hershey's syrup over a sliced banana and does the trick for me.
  • midwesternwind
    midwesternwind Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like getting DQ frozen fudge bars..they are weight watcher recommended and also really good...or sugar free jello with mini marshmellos, or a DQ fruit lite smoothie. Can you tell I work at DQ?
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Bumpin it!
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I like mashed banana, oats and almond butter baked in the oven to make healthy cookies!
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It may not seem like a dessert but it's sweet. I usually use it as a side dish though. Oven-roasted carrots with honey and orange zest :D
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pecan protein waffels with peanutbutter syrup :tongue:
  • country4evr
    country4evr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Peel a banana and put 1/2 a Tb of peanut butter, almond butter, or my favorite cashew butter and freeze it! I personal put a few mini chocolate chips on top of the peanut butter before I freeze it. I really love this after a workout when you need some extra potassium.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Fruit.

I also do sugar free jello with light cool whip.
    totally this! I usually have jello every night without cool whip but that's a personal preference. 40 cals for the whole packet
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    "Healthy" includes emotional health and that includes chocolate. Lots of chocolate.

You're welcome. :)
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Blended frozen banana. I was skeptical, but it really does have a creamy, ice cream-esque texture. Add PB, chocolate, or whatever to jazz it up, but it's even pretty good plain.

Yup, I do this ^^^…and it's so good. I also use the food processor to make these no-bake cookies:

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/10/02/chocolate-peanut-butter-no-bake-cookies/
  • 6tassles6
    6tassles6 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's not a recipe but I have been having apples with a bit of that Philly Chocolate Cream cheese on it. Cures my junk craving and it's not empty calories
  • Danagirl28
    Options
    my personal faves....
    1. frozen banana (3 large) with 2tablespoons peanut butter and 1 tablespoon chocolate (usually powdered nesquick or similar) makes about 3-4 servings.
    2. frozen yogurt bars- blend frozen yogurt with fresh fruit, pour into popsicle mold or ice cube tray, freeze, enjoy! :-)
    3. pudding pops- sugar-free pudding (w/ skim milk), mixed with 1 cup whipped topping (low cal) frozen in popsicle molds
    4. fresh fruit with whipped topping (low cal)
    5. dry cereal- a lot of kids' varieties have some great flavor combinations (like the chocolate peanut butter) and are 100-120 calories for 3/4 cup
    6. rice cake- broken in to bite-size pieces and drizzled (lightly) with melted chocolate and peanut butter / chocolate and peppermint
    7. 15-20 chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips (only 50-70 calories depending on brand!)- enough to really get the flavor in your mouth without packing on calories
    8. sugar-free Jell-o with fruit
    9. cinnamon-sugar apple- just slice, sprinkle, and enjoy!
    10. fruit pizza- roll out standard-size biscuits (+/- 50 cal each), cook, spread with whipped cream / low-fat cream cheese, add cut up fresh fruit.
  • celtic0ne
    celtic0ne Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! There are some great ideas here :)