The Smarter Science of Slim

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    "...Except, in your estimation, their bodies are evil bags of hormones..."

LOL--that description could apparently be more appropriately applied to men--especially the ones in the youthful age categories of the majority of prison populations.

Oh I thought we were done.

You don't have any special magical hormones making your body defy the laws of physics. You can keep telling us you do, but you don't. You're not a special snowflake, you're not a poor pathetic pity case whose body simply can't deal with food you love like us young bucks. You just choose to believe that you're special.

QFT

BroFistWizard_zps44c5ed68.jpg
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

LOL--that description could apparently be more appropriately applied to men--especially the ones in the youthful age categories of the majority of prison populations.

You don't have any special magical hormones making your body defy the laws of physics. You can keep telling us you do, but you don't. You're not a special snowflake, you're not a poor pathetic pity case whose body simply can't deal with food you love like us young bucks. You just choose to believe that you're special.

But, you see, I do not love foods that make me sick. Some people can stuff their faces full of garbage and never have a problem. The fact that we have a runaway obesity problem in this country testifies to the fact that most people (especially those over 40) are not in that category.

I have just one question for you and then we really are done: Would your mother approve of you talking to me like that?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I don't have a mother. I am a product of spontaneous generation.
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

QFT

Done with you too. :heart:
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    I don't have a mother. I am a product of spontaneous generation.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's what I thought. :happy: :heart:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

QFT

Ooo, does that mean I'm ignored?
    HatersGonnaHate_zpsd4b1ba55.gif
  • SanteMulberry
    Options

QFT

Ooo, does that mean I'm ignored?
    HatersGonnaHate_zpsd4b1ba55.gif

Nah---I don't hate you. I sent you a :heart: Just don't see much material for conversation. :smile:
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    You are shifting the goalposts. No one is doubting the laws of physics but we are talking about bio-chemistry which is extremely complex and subject to a multitude of influences. Why can't you accept that I have found something that works for me and (and lots of other people---thus all the people who do Paleo/Primal and attest to its efficacy)?

I don't doubt that you've found something that works for you. The issue is that you are making false assumptions about why and how it works, and trying to convince people of your misinformation.

Then there are a FEW of people here besides me who are doing the same and are laboring under the same "misinformation". I am not making any assumptions---just trying to figure things out for myself, just like everyone else. And just like you, unless you really have discovered something extraordinary. If so, it would probably be a good idea to capitalize on it.

Fixed it again for you. You're welcome.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

But, you see, I do not love foods that make me sick. Some people can stuff their faces full of garbage and never have a problem. The fact that we have a runaway obesity problem in this country testifies to the fact that most people (especially those over 40) are not in that category.

I have just one question for you and then we really are done: Would your mother approve of you talking to me like that?

Are you serious?? Really? What a joke.
  • crissykclai
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I will give it a listen.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Jonnythan: "...Women are still human, despite your attempts to say they are not..."

When did I ever say that women are not human? In my estimation, they are the much "better half" of the human race (based on what we see daily in the news--and elsewhere).

well apparently they defy the law of physics and mathematics...so they must be something other worldly
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    how did this thread, which was posted by a reasonable person, and contained a lot of reasonable information, turn into (i presume) another **** show? can someone catch me up? lol it's a shame...

OP great info, really cool stuff, and thanks for sharing. but as you can see, when you talk to people on these boards about taking better care of themselves, well... 200+ posts happen pretty quick. :P

funny that so many people want to do the bare minimum and anything beyond that gets them all up in arms. how dare people want to give themselves optimal health instead of just... adequate.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    The initial post also, to my mind, contained a lot of information that was NOT reasonable.
    Ignoring my first questions, the 'sink theory' too is complete woo as far as I know - with no Scientific backing. I often wonder how much these are really 'eat good' rather than 'eat less calories' - which does also tend to happen if people are eating more food which is less energy dense, as they tend to feel more sated so may not have those 'snacks' they tell themselves don't matter.

It's not about "wanting to do the bare minimum" - it's about wanting to do the right things for right reasons; to really understand the best we reasonably can how our bodies are working.

Me, I don't think it's working like a Kitchen Sink, personally :).
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    how did this thread, which was posted by a reasonable person, and contained a lot of reasonable information, turn into (i presume) another **** show? can someone catch me up? lol it's a shame...

OP great info, really cool stuff, and thanks for sharing. but as you can see, when you talk to people on these boards about taking better care of themselves, well... 200+ posts happen pretty quick. :P

funny that so many people want to do the bare minimum and anything beyond that gets them all up in arms. how dare people want to give themselves optimal health instead of just... adequate.

I agree, Coach. A number of bullies here seem to think that they have the right to go around insulting and baiting people for what they consider "unscientific" points of view. Apparently, they think they have a lockup on all the information there is to have in the field of obesity research. I personally welcome new and better information. While I do accept that calories are important, there are other factors that have an influence, and to ignore them is, in my opinion, folly.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I agree, Coach. A number of bullies here seem to think that they have the right to go around insulting and baiting people for what they consider "unscientific" points of view. Apparently, they think they have a lockup on all the information there is to have in the field of obesity research. I personally welcome new and better information. While I do accept that calories are important, there are other factors that have an influence, and to ignore them is, in my opinion, folly.
    And that is precisely why I ask for such information.
    (I'd love to see some back up for the sink theory!)

Sadly in this day and age, many do see that as 'bullying' by not 'supporting' something you expect is wrong and asking for decent evidence.
  • SanteMulberry
    Options
    And that is precisely why I ask for such information.
    (I'd love to see some back up for the sink theory!)

Sadly in this day and age, many do see that as 'bullying' by not 'supporting' something you expect is wrong and asking for decent evidence.

I certainly think it is legitimate to ask for supporting information--journal articles, etc. But I don't think any and all things said in the forums(inflammatory remarks, deliberately antagonistic posts with mocking pictures, personal insults, rudeness, etc.) are appropriate--and, in fact, are against the rules of the forum. It reduces the level of discourse on serious threads. If they want to horse around and insult each other, they should start their own humor threads and leave the rest of us alone. I received a message just this morning from one of my friends (she is a regular poster here) who says she is disgusted with that kind of behavior and will not be participating any further. I'm tempted to do the same but that is what the bullies apparently want.
  • IrisAT
    IrisAT Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • healthymom76
    healthymom76 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Jude_V
    Jude_V Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • dlneitzel
    dlneitzel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Interesting post..........
    Additional interesting reading - "Protein Power".
    Authors - Michael R. Eades, MD and Mary Dan Eades, MD