Monsanto Protection Act

Options

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options

WHAT THIS MEANS:

The Secretary of Agriculture has the SOLE AUTHORITY to grant temporary non-regulated status to anyone (farmer, corporation, whomever) who asks for it, while they're waiting to hear if they're granted the official non-regulated status. This means they can operate as if they've already been granted their non-regulated status, even though they haven't.

Clear?

Non-regulated means they're not liable for anything.

Something being non-regulated is not the same thing as a company not being liable for damages caused by this non regulated item. Herbal supplements are non regulated however companies have had to pay on lawsuits.

Exactly, I don't you realize the government is going through a damn sequester. Which means cost has to cut in places then the budget organized.

There are A LOT OF THINGS THAT ARE NON-REGULATED NOW. It does not mean not liable.

Sensation media, gotta love it.

yeah not exactly, see my response to that post.

I did, still just as ridiculous.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    mrphil - question for you.

I assume, as a member of the US Navy that you're a proud Republican (or at least and "independent" who votes R)

you realize that most of the people (most - not all) pissed at Obama right now are liberals right? so... why are you defending the president against liberals?

weird.
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options

WHAT THIS MEANS:

The Secretary of Agriculture has the SOLE AUTHORITY to grant temporary non-regulated status to anyone (farmer, corporation, whomever) who asks for it, while they're waiting to hear if they're granted the official non-regulated status. This means they can operate as if they've already been granted their non-regulated status, even though they haven't.

Clear?

Something being non-regulated is not the same thing as a company not being liable for damages caused by this non regulated item. Herbal supplements are non regulated however companies have had to pay on lawsuits.

prove it. the reason they say "consult with your physician before use" and "not intended to treat or cure any disease" and "not evaluated by the FDA" is that YOU'RE responsible and you CAN'T sue Now Foods because you took too much HCl and gave yourself terrible reflux which led to barretts esophagus and esophageal cancer.

you can't. that was on you.

google lawsuits over supplements and you will have all of the proof you need
  • plussizedvegetarian
    plussizedvegetarian Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    :(, seriously, it's sickening. Doesn't Michelle have an ORGANIC garden? Hope & change my foot dude.
  • mrphil86
    Options

I assume, as a member of the US Navy that you're a proud Republican (or at least and "independent" who votes R)

you realize that most of the people (most - not all) pissed at Obama right now are liberals right? so... why are you defending the president against liberals?

weird.

Holy crap you assume a lot of things.

No, I am not a damn Republican and I don't care who is pissed at who. I can read on my own.

I didn't even vote "R" or "D"

I didn't even vote for a party.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

WHAT THIS MEANS:

Clear?

prove it. the reason they say "consult with your physician before use" and "not intended to treat or cure any disease" and "not evaluated by the FDA" is that YOU'RE responsible and you CAN'T sue Now Foods because you took too much HCl and gave yourself terrible reflux which led to barretts esophagus and esophageal cancer.

sorry you made the claim, it's your job to back it up. :)
  • CoachReddy
    Options

weird.

No, I am not a damn Republican and I don't care who is pissed at who. I can read on my own.

that's why i mentioned independent
  • mrphil86
    Options

weird.

I am independent who votes on the person, not the party.

If you really want to know, I didn't vote a "D" or "R"
  • chessgeekdavidb
    Options

WHAT THIS MEANS:

Clear?

I just did back it up, do you want me to copy and paste a bunch of links? What does that prove? If you want to be informed then do some real research.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

WHAT THIS MEANS:

Clear?

I just did back it up, do you want me to copy and paste a bunch of links? What does that prove? If you want to be informed then do some real research.

ah, now, see backing something up requires some sort of proof now doesn't it? you said "google it"

... well done.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

WHAT THIS MEANS:

Clear?

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • CoachReddy
    Options

weird.

that explains it. so you're for deregulating everything right? small government?

should we deregulate pharmaceutical drugs?
  • mrphil86
    Options

WHAT THIS MEANS:

Clear?

ah, now, see backing something up requires some sort of proof now doesn't it? you said "google it"

... well done.

jackie-chan-meme.png
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the gifs :drinker:

...and also to say that just because one is in the military does not automatically mean they are R . That's like saying doctors must not smoke because they're doctors...yeah, not so much.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options

WHAT THIS MEANS:

Clear?

Thank You so much. NOt to you reddy for your once again stupid ignorant comment. But to someone who actually has a clue of what they are talking about.

Am I a lawyer? No. Do i interpret techincal financial regulation as a part of my job everyday? Yes. Do financial companies get sued for non regulated products that went defunct in 2009? Yes. Does every investment company make people sign 30-40 pages of disclosures outlining products and risks and the investors has to acknowledge they can lose everything and are comfortable and understand that. Did that stop people from suing and winning? No.

Supplement Lawsuits. Non regulated by the FDA. From a half assed google search. Didn't look hard enough so a few may actually be FDA approved. THere is even a nice homeopathic one in there for ya.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/04/news/companies/airborne_settlement/
    http://www.enzymesettlement.com/Documents/Detailed Notice.pdf
    http://www.casewatch.org/civil/herbalife/complaint.shtml
    http://theclassactionlawsuit.com/c4-m5-and-n0-extreme-supplement-class-action-settlement/
    http://www.topclassactions.com/open/1518-target-immunity-supplement-class-action-lawsuit-settlement
    http://www.schmidtandclark.com/homeopathic-class-action-lawsuit-settlement
    http://www.bigclassaction.com/lawsuit/akavar-20-50-weight-loss-supplement-class-action.php
  • mrphil86
    Options

weird.

that explains it. so you're for deregulating everything right? small government?

should we deregulate pharmaceutical drugs?

Same response:

jackie-chan-meme.png
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    alright fine - NewLifeStyle4 made a good point a while back

what do YOU guys think the law says? forget all the rest of this tangential BS.
  • chessgeekdavidb
    Options

WHAT THIS MEANS:

Clear?

... well done.

Fine, here is a link from a law firm taking cases against makers of dietary supplements http://www.kerrysteigerwalt.com/public/defectivedrugs/dietarysupplements.html

Do you need more links?

How about
    http://www.jag-lawfirm.com/problems-with-supplements.html
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/14/business/death-after-use-of-jack3d-shows-gap-in-regulation.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
    http://www.bigclassaction.com/settlement/110m-settlement-in-e-ferol-vitamin-supplement.php

How about does Ephedra ring a bell?
    http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/settlements/05009/ephedra_settlement.html#.UVUcBhyvyLg
  • mrphil86
    Options

I don't think anything. I just read it.
  • chessgeekdavidb
    Options

Here is an interpretation of the law from another perspective

http://blog.skepticallibertarian.com/2013/03/28/monsanto-protection-act-anti-gmo-conspiracy-theorists-lose-it-over-minor-deregulation/

I think what we really need is to find a legal interpretation since all of the interpretations I an find seem to be self serving rather that truth seeking.