I want to yell NOOOOO to energy bars

Options

Replies

• FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Another reason to keep my diary to myself. I don't care what you eat or drink, or what kind of exercise you do or how often. If it works and is working for you...then I am here to support you. I LOVE protein bars..I eat them when I want. I have lost 40lbs and continue to lose.
    You eat the way you want - and I eat the way I want.....

^This. It's the same reason I keep my diary private. I don't have the time, nor desire, to monitor my pals food choices. I'm old enough to decide for myself what I want to consume. I certainly don't need someone else telling me what I should or shouldn't do. I guess an added benefit of a private diary is that I'm not causing my pals undue stress worrying about my choices. I never realized what a great friend I am!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's exactly why I eat them!

For ~200 calories, I'd rather have a Pure Protein chocolate and peanut butter bar with 20g of protein than a couple of Reese's cups with 5g.

I wouldn't use them as meal replacements. They're just snacks.

That's my brand of protein bar too!

But of course.. what do we know? Filling our bodies with these dreadful processed foods. If we're not careful we're gonna get a big NOOOOOOOO!!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Ugh...it's too early for a judgemental rant.

When you have 3 kids, a fulltime job, and the closest family member is 5 hours away, THEN I'll discuss food choices with you.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this. If you can't pronounce just one of the ingredients it shouldn't go in your mouth!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's exactly why I eat them!

For ~200 calories, I'd rather have a Pure Protein chocolate and peanut butter bar with 20g of protein than a couple of Reese's cups with 5g.

I wouldn't use them as meal replacements. They're just snacks.

That's my brand of protein bar too!

But of course.. what do we know? Filling our bodies with these dreadful processed foods. If we're not careful we're gonna get a big NOOOOOOOO!!

Me too. The strawberry cream is my FAVE!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    what I put in my body is MY choice, it doesn't do anything to you-other than annoy you apparently. Some people eat 100% clean, some eat 75% clean, others don't eat clean at all, to each their own

^This.

*making mental note never to add OP to my FL*
  • Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    what I put in my body is MY choice, it doesn't do anything to you-other than annoy you apparently. Some people eat 100% clean, some eat 75% clean, others don't eat clean at all, to each their own

Agreed
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    lolNO
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I want to yell
    yes_zpsbedb0e90.jpg
    because they're just that good \m/
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am with you on this. If you can't pronounce just one of the ingredients it shouldn't go in your mouth!

If you can't pronouce a word, then why not just ask Google? That's what I do. But then, I am the type of person who enjoys learning things.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options

I soak all my food in bleach!!! 100% clean!!!!

This guy. I love getting a good chuckle in first thing in the morning, tends to lead to a good day. Thank you sir.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

agreed. Isn't it a bit early in the morning for judgement? You don't want some particular food because of your own personal thoughts re: good/bad foods? Don't eat it. Stop judging people by their eating habits--how does that affect you (OP) one bit? Unless someone takes a cigarette and smokes it in my face, their HEALTH HABITS ARE NONE OF MY BEESWAX.

As for protein bars, I'm going to give em a big ol YES to fitting into my lifestyle/pre-workout needs on a regular basis.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I want to yell
    yes_zpsbedb0e90.jpg
    because they're just that good \m/

k i will allow this here,

yes_zpsbedb0e90.jpg
    yes_zpsbedb0e90.jpg
    yes_zpsbedb0e90.jpg
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I eat Quest protein bars. Not sure if they are clean or not, but they are definitely not candy bars.

No, they're HORRIBLE!! I got a few flavors because every time a topic comes up "what is a good protein/nutrition bar" it seems like there are 57 answers in a row: "quest. Quest! QUEST! Quest! Quest are the BEST!"

I couldn't even finish chewing the first bite of the apple pie one, my husband tossed half the peanut butter/chocolate one and the chocolate brownie one was like chewing on semi-sweet chocolate rubber. Blech. What a waste of money.

Meh. People have differing tastes. I love quest bars. There are very few flavors that I don't like. I will not however eat anything made by Hersey or Mars. A snickers? Ew.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options

I soak all my food in bleach!!! 100% clean!!!!

:wink:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    It's way too early in the day for this.

Why should you care about what somebody else eats? If they want to eat a block of rat poison, let them; it's their choice.

p.s. OP, don't ever bother sending me a FR. :huh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I eat Quest protein bars. Not sure if they are clean or not, but they are definitely not candy bars.

No, they're HORRIBLE!! I got a few flavors because every time a topic comes up "what is a good protein/nutrition bar" it seems like there are 57 answers in a row: "quest. Quest! QUEST! Quest! Quest are the BEST!"

I couldn't even finish chewing the first bite of the apple pie one, my husband tossed half the peanut butter/chocolate one and the chocolate brownie one was like chewing on semi-sweet chocolate rubber. Blech. What a waste of money.

You should try Zone Perfect. They are made by the same people that make EAS protein shakes. They are soooo god. And yes... they have sugar....

EUsIG.gif
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    When are we going to stop putting processed foods in our bodies?
    When we start following the latest fad diet?

;)

Me; I find processing makes food nicer in all sorts of ways - for instance, I don't like boiled potatoes, but I do like the same potatoes then mashed with a bit of salt, pepper and butter or similar.
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Another reason to keep my diary to myself. I don't care what you eat or drink, or what kind of exercise you do or how often. If it works and is working for you...then I am here to support you. I LOVE protein bars..I eat them when I want. I have lost 40lbs and continue to lose.
    You eat the way you want - and I eat the way I want.....
    ^ This.
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'll eat what I want and I really don't care if it kills me.