I want to yell NOOOOO to energy bars

Options

Replies

• xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I really like Pure Protein and Quest. Both have less than 3g of sugar per bar and more than 20g of protein per bar. AND both taste delicious. That doesn't sound like a candy bar to me.

I have also taken to making my own protein bars. I agree with some people on here that you need to choose what's right for you. Just because something isn't right for you, doesn't mean it's wrong for someone else.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    love them and I'll NEVER STOP!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    180 calories, 4.5g fat, 75mg sodium, 2g fiber, 2g sugar and 20g protein. I think I'll keep my Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe bar as part of my diet to help me meet my protein goals.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I don't think they're evil but I look at the nutrition info and most of them are close to being candy bars with a lot of vitamins added in. I never buy them.

Candy bars with extra vitamins and protein added? I'm always ready for that party! :laugh:

Yeah, that's exactly why I eat them!

For ~200 calories, I'd rather have a Pure Protein chocolate and peanut butter bar with 20g of protein than a couple of Reese's cups with 5g.

I wouldn't use them as meal replacements. They're just snacks.

This^^
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    You should totally yell "NOOOO!" at energy bars.

That coupled with this post would complete the crazy.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    So if it's bar form it's bad? laughed out loud pretty hard. There is a Simpsons episode where homer turns all of his food into bars.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    "protien bar" are my breakfast most mornings. I dont have time for a "good" breakfast in the morning and to be honest I'm not usually hungery enough to eat anything more....I like the nature valley 10gm protien ones and the fiber plus antioxidents ones as well...... They fill me till lunch and sometimes they are a good snack before bed..........I mean I guess I could go back to eating a whole bag of potato chips instead but somehow I think my bar is better for me
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    When are we going to stop putting processed foods in our bodies?

When they don't exist any longer and we go back to spending 18 hrs a day being hunter/gatherers.

Not really looking forward to that scenario playing out.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I just ate some Starburst Jelly Beans!!!!!! And may I say they were awesome!!!

We can eat whatever we want as long as we stay true to ourselves!!!
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Sorry but I have to be at work at 7 am and I am not a morning person so every morning I eat a protein bar. The rest of the day consists or chicken, salad, fruits, and veggies. I am healthy and happy with my choices...I rather have a protein bar daily then fast food daily!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    They are much better than the ice cream I would be eating!!!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You can almost always find a healthy meal alternative in bar form, and when you can't...

Voodoo+Bacon+Maple+BAr.png
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE protein bars but overeating them was definitely a part of my weight gain :( I'd eat 4-5 a day!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCg-1TdoW3WB3Qb1hnbRtZOa_kVuQFJlxdIi2jfLB1ahWCARnu
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Curious if the people who are griping about "processed ingredients" and making their own protein bars are adding protein powder to them? Cuz that's also processed...
  • Rohbean
    Rohbean Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Codependence.
  • autumnpath
    autumnpath Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm really with others who say their bodies, their choices of what to eat. For me, I KNOW it's highly processed. I know all this. I don't eat them often, but I'm the type if I don't eat them every once in a while (or a Fiber One cookie)...I won't stay on track. It's just who I am. And what's worse? Obesity or having one of those every once in a while? We're all different...and for me personally, I cannot eat 100 percent clean. Call it unwilling or whatever...whatever it is....but since October I've dropped a boatload of weight, ALL my numbers are healthy now (cholesterol, ect)....so it's all in how you look at it....
  • autumnpath
    Options
    You can almost always find a healthy meal alternative in bar form, and when you can't...

Damn. I want that. LOL
  • autumnpath
    Options
    Sorry but I have to be at work at 7 am and I am not a morning person so every morning I eat a protein bar. The rest of the day consists or chicken, salad, fruits, and veggies. I am healthy and happy with my choices...I rather have a protein bar daily then fast food daily!

YES. THIS.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

Voodoo Donuts? My favorite place in Portland!