I want to yell NOOOOO to energy bars

Options

Replies

• iclaudia_g
    iclaudia_g Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    what I put in my body is MY choice, it doesn't do anything to you-other than annoy you apparently. Some people eat 100% clean, some eat 75% clean, others don't eat clean at all, to each their own

I soak all my food in bleach!!! 100% clean!!!!

Love it! :D
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I would much rather have an egg and a piece of toast for about the same calories, but, as others have said, sometimes there just isn't time for a "proper" breakfast so I eat a protein or energy bar because I'm hungry and it's quick.
  • wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I don't drink beer or wine, so I take my small amount of alcohol in the form of chocolate!

^^This!^^ :happy:
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Which reminded me that every time I see a protein bar or energy bar on one of my mfp friend's food diary, I want to yell NOOOOOO! When are we going to stop putting processed foods in our bodies?

Which reminded me WHY my diary is PRIVATE and for my eyes and my progress ONLY. And it also makes me ask the question, When will people understand that WE ARE NOT ALL IDENTICAL and just because ONE person feels a certain way... not everyone does.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    They are not for me.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't think they're evil but I look at the nutrition info and most of them are close to being candy bars with a lot of vitamins added in. I never buy them.

This ^^ I'd rather eat a Snicker bar and get my vitamins somewhere else.
  • patriciagearygillock
    Options
    I sooooo agree with your logic. For years I have tried to eat healthy 100% of the time and sure enough it would only last a few days.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    When are we going to stop putting processed foods in our bodies?

When they stop being delicious, convenient, and start actually being somehow unhealthy.

So, probably never! :)

That reminds me, I have a Clif Builder's Bar in my backpack....
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Which reminded me that every time I see a protein bar or energy bar on one of my mfp friend's food diary, I want to yell NOOOOOO! When are we going to stop putting processed foods in our bodies?

Which reminded me WHY my diary is PRIVATE and for my eyes and my progress ONLY. And it also makes me ask the question, When will people understand that WE ARE NOT ALL IDENTICAL and just because ONE person feels a certain way... not everyone does.

Psh. You should look at my diary. "Clean" eaters are horrified by it, but it's public anyway :laugh:
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Psh. You should look at my diary. "Clean" eaters are horrified by it, but it's public anyway :laugh:

You eat like a healthier version of my husband. I should show him your diary!

BTW, I seriously love your prof pic.
  • jonnythan
    Options

You eat like a healthier version of my husband. I should show him your diary!

BTW, I seriously love your prof pic.

Hah. Thanks.
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I like the ones with all the nuts in them...the ones that are pretty much pure nuts (almonds, peanuts, walnuts, etc) with some gooey coating on them. I don't eat them often, but I don't see the harm in them every once in awhile. In fact, I kinda want one now...lol
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    You can't tell me what to do!

But seriously, you lost me at Daily Show!

LoL Me too!!
  • Bbuser51
    Bbuser51 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Can you share that recipe for the homemade energy protein bars?
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    what I put in my body is MY choice, it doesn't do anything to you-other than annoy you apparently. Some people eat 100% clean, some eat 75% clean, others don't eat clean at all, to each their own

I like you. :-)
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You can almost always find a healthy meal alternative in bar form, and when you can't...

Voodoo+Bacon+Maple+BAr.png

Damn. I want that. LOL

Damn, me too. I was just wondering if I could fit that in my calories for today LOL
  • baronvonred
    Options
    I like energy bars so there! :tongue:

My macros will be different than your macros. No, one person is going to need the same 'energy' every time that maybe why there are so many 'energy/protein' bars out in the world. I like to find foods that have more Potassium than Sodium. I could ramble on about the benefits of Potassium, but I won't.
    The best answer to the OP is read, know, and share.
    It is a personal choice to be on this site.
    It is a personal choice to share one's food diary.
    It is a personal choice to look at friends/public food diaries.

We all make choices some 'good' some 'bad' in this "journey" of life.
  • The_WoIverine
    The_WoIverine Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I eat them regularly because they taste good! I don't believe in "good foods" and "bad foods." All food is nutritional within the context of a balanced diet.

So, basically you're saying that a McDonalds is good food as long as I stay within the context of a balanced diet? I really think you need start reading more about what good nutrition is and learn what process food does to your body. In fact, a very simple and easy to understand, yet a brilliand documentary that sells you nothing but knowledge is Hungry For Change. Watch it and you'll how wrong your statement is.
    When are we going to stop putting processed foods in our bodies?

Trust me, if I could I would, but at the present moment I can't afford eating unprocess food. I'm sure many other people can't afford it either.
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You can almost always find a healthy meal alternative in bar form, and when you can't...

Voodoo+Bacon+Maple+BAr.png

OMG I hate you so much right now when i moved from the portland area i got sad because I miss Voodoo Donuts and now there is a maple bacon bar staring me right in the face <drool>
  • jonnythan
    Options
    So, basically you're saying that a McDonalds is good food as long as I stay within the context of a balanced diet? I really think you need start reading more about what good nutrition is and learn what process food does to your body. In fact, a very simple and easy to understand, yet a brilliand documentary that sells you nothing but knowledge is Hungry For Change. Watch it and you'll how wrong your statement is.

I wonder which part of a McDonald's Quarter Pounder is so processed. I mean, the bun is processed..... but that's because it's bread. Bread is processed grain. I guess ketchup would be "processed" too.

So you think bread and ketchup ravage your body?

You should stop getting your information from mass media "documentaries" designed to shock you.