What was your first car?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I had a totally uncool 1970-something Datsun 710 Wagon. It was so uncool that my next car - a Pinto - was a huge upgrade.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    My first one was a 67 Chrysler Newport, like the one below:
    43_1967_chrysler_newport_4_dr_sedan_31058723.jpg

I still have a thing about old Dodge/Chrysler/Plymouth products. :heart:
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    1985 Mazda 626 in the color Rust! :laugh:
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Drove my grandmothers 1981 Chevy Citation when I first got my license...and that winter bought myself a 89 Ford Probe. lol.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    1981 Datsun pickup - silver. I loved that truck. Too beat up to worry about, took it off roading, etc...
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't get my license until I was 23... a combination of me being frugal and walking/biking/taking bus to college and me being afraid to drive. :smile:

But my first car was a 1997 Nissan Sentra. I got it when it was 6 years old. The car is still driving around -- I know because my brother has it! It has no power but it's good in the snow and gets decent gas mileage.
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    mantb4.jpg

Opel Manta GTE, pretty much the same as this one,
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    dodge-coronet-super-bee-2dr-04.jpg

Nice! Wish I had that now.

It was one of my daddy's, for some reason, I reminded him of woodstock in snoopy, so I got the yellow one.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    This car is in way better shape than mine was, but it was still my first car and favourite. 1988 Scirocco. When I bought it it was 3 years old but I loved it so hard :)

1988_volkswagen_scirocco-pic-43139.jpeg
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Found this pic online since I don't have an original pic.

Plymouth Satellite Sebring 1971
    Was my Dad's car....I was dragging Main street all night long!!

i3903.jpg
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    1968 Mercury Montclair. This color, diamond blue. Rear window went downa bout 3 inches for ventilation. 390 cu. in. motor, 11 MPG with the engine on or off. Loved this car! McGarret drove one int he original Hawaii 5-O TV series (2nd pic).

1968merc_zpsca19b935.jpg
    1968ParklaneF_zpse3fcb896.jpg
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I had an old 79 buick century. Called it the old turd because it was not only old but it was brown lol
    The heat didn't work nor did the window defroster which made it horrible to drive in the winter time. No AC either so it was hot and sticky in the summer.

Only thing that worked really well was the radio lol.

It was a free car because my parents had just bought a big tank buick lesabra and not long after they bought that I was Tboned on my way to a job interview less than a mile from our house. The people who sold that Century to my parents gave them this buick century to use till their lesabra was fixed. After the Lesabra was fixed they let my parents keep the Century. I needed a car for work and school so my parents gave me the century. I had to put a lot of money into fixing that turd up. It had no shocks, bounced around like crazy!! I had to get all new tires and brakes. When you opened the hood it was held together with duct tape and shoe strings lol. When I went away to a new college my parents wouldn't let me take it with me so I signed it over to my then boyfriend for $1. If you ask me that was a rip off lol But it got you where you had to go.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I used to borrow this one from my brother sometimes - 1976 Impala. His was all back with tinted windows and was fast and :smokin:

21939470002_large.jpg
  • betterthanbefpre
    betterthanbefpre Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    These are all so fabulous! Mine is a 1983 Nissan Sentra. Not sure how to add pics...anyway it was sweet...lol! Then my most fav was my Dodge Spirit 1991. It was worn off on the back on the spirit and it only read it...so it was the Dodgeit...it was a tank and very much not a fun early 20's car! ;)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/'91-'92_Dodge_Spirit_Disguised_As_Plymouth_Acclaim.JPG
  • starbab311
    starbab311 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My first car is still my car... 10 years later

A '97 Corolla who is freaking AMAZING!!!!!
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    File:FordCortina20080125.jpg
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Cortina

One of the last Mk V Ford Cortina with a shagged clutch and a blown head gasket. But I didn't realise that when I bought it from the earnings of stacking shelves at the local supermarket!
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme...yes some of you may call it "Gutless" Supreme but man!... was it a beautiful machine! :glasses: