May 2010 - no more snacking after dinner

Options

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone-
    I made it through 3 nights. :happy: Tonight will be 4 nights of no late night snacking.

I was just skimming some of the earlier posts and I saw passero's lament about sweets. I, too, crave sweets. In fact, I am going to have a small piece of dark choclate w/orange right now before I get to my cut-off time. Besides that, maybe a little yoghurt might satisfy the sweet craving. Another thought is a weight watcher dessert (or half of one is even better :laugh: )

Good luck tonight. to everyone. You all seem to be doing very well. Keep up the good work!
    Zaza
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Good ideas Zaza! :flowerforyou: I have 1/4 hersheys dark chocolate everyday. Fruit usually does it for me.

Just had my last snack so all I gotta do is stay up for 2 hrs. I need to pick up the house and do some reading. Burnt over 700 cal today cleaning/shampooing the car, doing yard work and walking. It makes a person hungry!

So tonight I'm 20 and the snacks are 7. We'll just see in the morning if it stays that way! :wink:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    20 me
    6 snacks

Another successful night. Not even a strawberry (I'm an all or nothing kind of person)

Rosemary, I hope you made it your two extra hours, altho after all you did yesterday, how you didn't collapse into bed after dinner, I have no idea.
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Everyone here is such a sweetheart :love:. I am also an "all or nothing" type, because I know that if I allow myself an apple, I'll get hungry and want something else after it (specially since I've eaten that apple anyhow and broke the rule).
    Having said this (and because of this), I'll give myself the point for last night, because I came home hungry and got hungrier and all I had was some fruit and some seeds. So its: Me: 22 - Late snacks 4.

Is anyone willing to take over the lead in June? Or, alternatively, start a new weekly thread already this Sunday/Monday? I've enjoyed it this month :smile:, but next month I might be off for a while.

Keep up the good work, everyone, :drinker:. I admire your perseverance - it means a lot to me! :flowerforyou:.
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Sorry about the math I'm 19 and the snacks are 7 :embarassed:

You're right lulabelle I did take a brief nap before finishing up the day. My SIL says I'm like the energizer bunny. LOL :laugh:

Have a good one Dew :smile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    Is anyone willing to take over the lead in June? Or, alternatively, start a new weekly thread already this Sunday/Monday? I've enjoyed it this month :smile:, but next month I might be off for a while.

I can do it Dew. I'm actually also starting a monthly clean-eating thread starting June 1st too. I find that by seeing the numbers each day and holding myself accountable, it makes a difference, as it evidence by me kicking snacks butt this month compared to last.

So opinions? Do you guys think it would be easier to have a weekly thread with a tally at the bottom if you want for the month? Or just stick with the monthly? What do you think Dew? Anything to keep you coming back :wink: We can't do it without you.
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm horrible about snacking after dinner. I should just say no to everything and save some calories. And I really mean no exceptions. I think its the only way to do it.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    What do you think Dew? Anything to keep you coming back :wink: We can't do it without you.

Oh, no, I'm not stepping out! :glasses: At least not yet :wink: . I was just saying that I'll be away for a while - probably not so consistent with reporting. I do need this accountability :smile:

Erm.... - not really sure what's best. We can try the weekly, if you ladies think it's best and like you say, cumulate the scores, for those who feel the need (like me :glasses:, but only when I do well :ohwell:).

Oh, and thank you, ladies! :flowerforyou: :love:.
  • rosemary10
    Options
    I like the weekly idea, Lulabelle, with keeping a monthly total @ the bottom. That way the tried and true among us ( ie. Dew & You) won't be tempted to fall off on the weekend. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Yeah!

And just what exactly is clean eating?

Hi imarlett, sounds like you know your limitations :flowerforyou:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    21 me
    6 snacks

Dinner is late tonight, so cut off is late. Date night :love:

I'll start a weekly starting on Monday, as Sundays are my day away from the computer :happy:

Glad you aren't leaving us Dew. Rosemary and I need your support, in addition to all the newbies and those that come back to us.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Glad you aren't leaving us Dew. Rosemary and I need your support, in addition to all the newbies and those that come back to us.

:smooched: it's mutual, you know. You two (and others that came along, Zaza being one of my oldest supporters) have meant so much to me along the way. OK, getting cheesy :smokin: Still, :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

When did I stop eating last night? Must've been around 8:30 - all I know is around 9:30 I thought "hungry - what time is it? Ah, too late" and stuck to my water :wink: :drinker:, so: Me: 23 - Late snacks: 4 :bigsmile:
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Last night went surprisingly well considering I was working and trying to avoid everyone else's shared snacks. So I'm 20 and the snacks are 7.

Got any holiday/long weekend/family party advice anyone?

And have a great holiday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Tonight is going pretty well. I was 21 with the snacks at 7 before midnight. Didn't take any other snacks before my food I brought was eaten. Then held off well after mine was gone. I might be bringing too much food to work though as I feel too full. I probably am too fearful that I'll be hungry or not have enough so I bring more than I should eat. That looks like it'll be the next new thing to work on.

Happy Memorial Day! Anyone going to the race? You know how we are in Indy. :wink:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    Options
    21 me
    7 snacks

I'm going to give it to snacks last night as I have no idea what time I started eating, and it was late. Then straight to bed. But it was so worth it. Just need to be good for the next three days so I can at least get a 75%.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Me: 23 - Late snacks: 5, though I was under calories and did not eat big. 3 more days to go! :drinker:
    Lorna, please post the link here when you'll start the new thread.
  • mygoal160
    mygoal160 Posts: 7
    Options
    Boy do ifeel like crap i don't know this must be emotional eating. I ate two plates of panda express because my girlfriend didn't eat her plate bad bad move, now this weeks workout will be in vain because i will spend it being extra careful watching what I eat. I hate when I do this. Has anyone found a good cure or temp solution to overeating on the calories ??? I get really like anxious or panicky and run to eat too much it might be starvation from overdieting i dunno. Well luckily i have currently lost about 20 pounds. 214 to about 193. but im starting to not be able to break below 190 it sucks and its hard. temptations is everywhere !!!!
  • mygoal160
    Options
    very nice work on lising those 30 lbs hopefully I can join you. How do you do it are you the type to prepare everything in advance ?? :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • mygoal160
    Options
    You're at 0 lbs lost too. Im new to this website. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I'm a little early to report, but I couldn't wait to award myself the point, :glasses:
    Me: 24 - Late snacks: 5.
    Tomorrow night I'm allowed to eat whenever I get home - but within calories!
  • rosemary10
    Options
    Hi Mygoal160,
    I go way over sometimes with my calories, like if we are eating out or I'm at my daughters house. But I'm still losing weight somehow. Some days I'm a few hundred under though, say if I'm busy and forgetting to eat. Since I've been on myfitnesspal (MFP), my activity level has increased which makes me more hungry. So I do less forgetting to eat. You could try logging on after each meal, then you can see how fast you are using your calories. If it looks like your going to go over, go out for a walk or run to earn some more calories to eat.
    All in all it takes 3,500 calories to equal a pound. So even if you went over by 1,500 cal in a day that is still less than 1/2 a pound. Don't stress over one day -just jump back in the game the next day. And if you have gone way over a few days, for instance you're on vacation be glad you will still weigh the same.
    Also knowing that you are going to report your actions (like on this thread) helps you to keep from going "crazy" with the food. Hang in there Bud. You will get there. :drinker:

I am 22 and the snacks are 7