Pop tarts vs. Toaster Strudel

Options

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

By my count, Toaster Strudel has won a sweeping victory of deliciousness.

Disclaimer: I did not count the votes.

Seems legit :wink:
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I tried both years ago, pop tarts have been around for along time, then came toaster strudels a more rich style for the rich I said. I'm able to gaze at both of them at the grocery store & walk on by without a 2nd glance! I have more important foods to contend with these days.....in the produce section, in the health food section. The last thing I'm going to do to myself is waste my time & energy & calories on eating either a pop tart or a toaster strudel, jus sayin.....:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

THANKS! can't wait to try these.. I am thinking that egg and cheese or ham and cheese or ham and egg filled ones would be yummy and a good fun breakfast for the kids. :)
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would never eat a pop tart for breakfast but I would have them for a snack. I may be sending out the husband out to Big Lots to find some :flowerforyou: . How ever I would never eat toaster strudel. I do love my home made ones.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

I never SAID it was a problem - I said that Pop-Tarts and Toaster Strudel are garbage, nothing but a sugar and fat delivery system. If that's what you want to eat, more power to you. But your fitness is like The Slight Edge - a total of a lot of seemingly small decisions that have no apparent impact at the moment you make them but their cumulative effect over time determines whether you succeed or fail. So if you want to eat a Pop Tart, go ahead - but I'd never pretend it was "food" that was going past my lips, or that it in any way is going to contribute to my well-being and in fact is a setback I could have avoided.

A setback? 200 calories is a setback? Really? If you truly believe that then I'd be among those labeling you as food phobic.

Go check out the diary of the poster who called me "orthorexic". It's nothing but setbacks - which is her choice, but I don't need to be called names by a member whose "logging" is more horror story than chronicle of progress.

I didn't look at her diary, but I see she has lost 62 pounds.

HA! 63 pounds now. I'm down another pound this week. (even though I ate Easter candy :drinker: )
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I would never eat a pop tart for breakfast but I would have them for a snack. I may be sending out the husband out to Big Lots to find some :flowerforyou: . How ever I would never eat toaster strudel. I do love my home made ones.

I should learn how to make strudel! :heart:
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I like both but would rather eat Toaster Strudel. My kids prefer Pop Tarts..
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Options
    Good gawd. How the hell did a thread about pop tarts vs toaster strudel become so nasty!?!?!? Very sad.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Good gawd. How the hell did a thread about pop tarts vs toaster strudel become so nasty!?!?!? Very sad.

It's because all the "lets make certain food evil people" are jealous that we enjoy tasty tasty crap every now and again. :bigsmile:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

It's because all the "lets make certain food evil people" are jealous that we enjoy tasty tasty crap every now and again. :bigsmile:

Weird... I recall those same people saying they eat ice cream, fudge, etc on occasion

Your argument seems invalid... :)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Weird... I recall those same people saying they eat ice cream, fudge, etc on occasion

I think it's more that the few people arguing refuse to ever agree with one another, but most would agree that treats that fit into their macros and calorie allotment are ok (whether they are poptarts, toaster strudel, or 70% organic dark chocolate).
  • CoachReddy
    Options

I think it's more that the few people arguing refuse to ever agree with one another, but most would agree that treats that fit into their macros and calorie allotment are ok (whether they are poptarts, toaster strudel, or 70% organic dark chocolate).

Yep. We do all agree on that point. We simply have different definitions on how much of that calorie allotment they should take up. Many in this thread think it doesnt matter, and well... there are those who disagree with that philosophy.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Yep. We do all agree on that point. We simply have different definitions on how much of that calorie allotment they should take up. Many in this thread think it doesnt matter, and well... there are those who disagree with that philosophy.

*Personally* I think people with a higher BF% can have more "crap" in their diet than someone at a lower BF% like yourself. The types of food you eat and macros seem to have a much greater impact when you start trying to lose the "the last few pounds" or when trying to find your abs. But, I'm sure there will be a slew of people who disagree with me :laugh:
  • CoachReddy
    Options

*Personally* I think people with a higher BF% can have more "crap" in their diet than someone at a lower BF% like yourself. The types of food you eat and macros seem to have a much greater impact when you start trying to lose the "the last few pounds" or when trying to find your abs. But, I'm sure there will be a slew of people who disagree with me :laugh:

which kind of proves that a calorie isn't a calorie, huh?

i tend to agree in the sense that when you're trying to lose 100 pounds, no, it doesn't matter a damn WHAT you eat as long as you're at a deficit - you'll lose weight.

when a relatively fit person is trying to lower body fat while maintaining muscle mass, then it absolutely matters what you eat.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

i tend to agree in the sense that when you're trying to lose 100 pounds, no, it doesn't matter a damn WHAT you eat as long as you're at a deficit - you'll lose weight.

when a relatively fit person is trying to lower body fat while maintaining muscle mass, then it absolutely matters what you eat.

But you can still use some of your calories on things like ice-cream, pop tarts and the like and still get abs. Lowering body fat = caloric deficit. Maintaining LBM = enough protein and undertaking a good progressive strength training routine.
  • Phrakman
    Phrakman Posts: 113
    Options
    But you can still use some of your calories on things like ice-cream, pop tarts and the like and still get abs. Lowering body fat = caloric deficit. Maintaining LBM = enough protein and undertaking a good progressive strength training routine.

Think thats his problem, i dont call p90x progressive strength training.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

i disagree on the lowering body fat part. i think you can drop body fat while eating your TDEE.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Think thats his problem, i dont call p90x progressive strength training.

cute. P90X is hardly the only thing I do. but nice try. :flowerforyou:
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

i disagree on the lowering body fat part. i think you can drop body fat while eating your TDEE.

you most definitely can. you can also lower body fat without eating 100% "clean."