Lose 5 Pounds A Month- May 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    First off, I never came back and weighed in for Friday, so I'll do that now.

5/1=144.5
    5/7=142.5 yay down 2lbs

Ok, pity party time! I was really bad this weekend and I need to vent. So I am sorry but I am going to be a downer.
    Friday Night:
    My son's party was really fun but I am so mad at his dad. The party was from 5:30-7:30 at The Jungle (like chucky cheese for tot's) Daddy didn't come until 6:45, then I gave him the coins and told him the birthday boy wanted to go on a ride with him. After that I was looking for him so I could get the coins back (lots of kids asking for more) and our friend said he left to go fishing! WHAT? I was so embarrassed that he left and didn't even tell me he was going! So me and the kids played until the place closed and we had lots of fun. I brought healthy food but ended up eating pizza anyway, oh well, and I was only over calories by about 95. Daddy was asleep when we got home.

Saturday:
    This is our family day, the only day that both adults are off work. So we had made a plan to go on a hike to a close lake and fish once at the lake. Daddy didn't want to hike after all and he got mad that my son wanted to play with his new toys instead of getting ready to fish so left without us! :noway: My son is 3! Plus he didn't get to play with his new toys yet because we closed the place the night before so this was the first time to play with his new stuff. Really? He couldn't wait 5 more mins? So I went to my mom's house and spent the day with her. She took home leftover birthday cake so I wouldn't and I eat it! Plan backfired! We also ate KFC for dinner because her boyfriend picked it up on the way home. Anyway Daddy came home after 9:30 pm kids in bed already of course!

Sunday (Mother's Day):
    Daddy woke me up at 4:15 am saying that my 4 year old was up. So I got up (she had a bad dream) and put her back to sleep then I went back to sleep. He got up around 7am and went fishing before work. Didn't say ANYTHING before he left. House was a mess so I started cleaning. He got home at 6 after work then left 5 mins after to go fishing. Didn't come home till after 9:30 pm, he brought a plant with him and put it in my lap. The kids were asleep already and the dumb plant just made me mad because all I wanted was for him to tell my kids to make me a card or something. They didn't even know it was a special day! I feel like he did what he wanted all weekend and didn't even care enough to have the kids tell me happy mothers day. I tried to talk to my mom about it but she just said not to do anything for him on Father's day. I am just not like that. I want the kids to know that it is special for them to let their dad know how much they love him. I feel so unappreciated, like he doesn't even think to tell me I am a good mother because he doesn't think I am. I know that is not how it really is and that the plant was a nice thing to do but I felt like he was buying me off so I wouldn't be mad and it just made me more mad. I don't even like plants unless they are outside. I always get bugs because I overwater or underwater or whatever.

Anyway I ate bad today because I am feeling so bad and down about the weekend. I also don't feel well because I ate so bad. I have not said anything to my guy about being mad because I didn't want to fight about it but I was and I am really hurt about both the party and mother's day. Everyone I talk to about it says that I should leave him because he treats me bad and that is not what I want to hear I just want a shoulder to cry on!

At least I went to the gym today. I think I will feel better in the morning and better still once my week starts to get back to normal. Sorry about the long rant!

OMG Jennplus2 what a terrible weekend you have had with no support what so ever :angry: I hope your week improves from this minute onwards :flowerforyou:

That's terrible Jenn! What a negative way to be treated on Mother's day! I know I threaten every day to stop doing anything for a week just to see if they would survive. I swear I am the only one who knows how to do laundry or turn on the stove or even operate the microwave. :drinker: Heres hoping to a a better week for you!. :drinker: I wish there was a magic potion we could give our family members to make them realize how much we do for them! One day a year to celebrate motherhood is certainly not enough!:flowerforyou:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Jenn, I know its not much, but I think you are a great mother and I think your kids would have love to tell you that all day. So Here's to an awesome mommy. Happy mothers day :drinker:

PS. I think you should give him the plant back as a gift on father's day. especially if you have killed it or it is all buggy by then :laugh:
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Jenn so sorry about your weekend. I feel badly about your relationship. IMHO, your SO is not mature enough to understand how to nuture a loving relationship. However, that does not excuse his poor behavior. His behavior was very poor. He is still in the "I centered" stage. Hopefully before he really screws things up he'll open his eyes. His kids need a real daddy.
    We all know what it takes to be a mother and you seem to be an excellent example. We honor you in spirit for all you do and give to your kids.

Edelq, it's tough to be struggling with the calorie counting. The only way any of us can see your food diary is if we become a 'friend".Otherwise you diary is for your eyes only.

Well, I have a very fun Mother's Day. I, too, fell off the wagon big time. We all went down to Jackpot, NV. We went to the dinner buffet and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I ate way too much and immediately got sick. 20 min. later I darn near lost it all. I had such turmoil in my stomach. Probably too rich food. Anyway after all that settled, kinda, I did some gambling. Didn't win but had a lot of fun. Had a great slot machine that just kept me entertained for a long time on minimal amount of money. I'm not a big gambler. Today I'm back on track. Going to finish logging in just under calorie allottment.

Jacque
  • tralalara
    tralalara Posts: 149
    Options
    ok, I didn't lose any more than I had last friday. But that's ok.
    I worked my TAIL off at work today! We tore down and rebuilt new fixtures ALL DAY at the store. I worked 8 am until 7 pm. Phew! I'm tired! Lots of bending, stretching, walking etc and I'm SORE. Maybe I worked off some weight!

Here's my numbers:
    May 1 wt 222.5
    Mon May 3rd 222.0
    Mon May 10 220.0
    May 31 goal 217.5
    2.5 lbs to go!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Jenn, have you told him how you feel? To us, his behavior sounds ridiculous and just plain mean.... but we are all women. My dad told me something awhile back when my SO and I were fighting, and I will never forget it.

"Men are too simple to read your minds, your body language, or your tone of voice. If you do not tell him what you want, he will not figure it out on his own. A hint is not enough. A sigh, or your silence, or rolling your eyes is not enough. You need to tell him."
  • siobhannestor
    siobhannestor Posts: 177
    Options
    Look up moving boxes in the aerobics section - you might be surprised at how many calories you could have used!
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    First off, I never came back and weighed in for Friday, so I'll do that now.

5/1=144.5
    5/7=142.5 yay down 2lbs

Ok, pity party time! I was really bad this weekend and I need to vent. So I am sorry but I am going to be a downer.
    Friday Night:
    My son's party was really fun but I am so mad at his dad. The party was from 5:30-7:30 at The Jungle (like chucky cheese for tot's) Daddy didn't come until 6:45, then I gave him the coins and told him the birthday boy wanted to go on a ride with him. After that I was looking for him so I could get the coins back (lots of kids asking for more) and our friend said he left to go fishing! WHAT? I was so embarrassed that he left and didn't even tell me he was going! So me and the kids played until the place closed and we had lots of fun. I brought healthy food but ended up eating pizza anyway, oh well, and I was only over calories by about 95. Daddy was asleep when we got home.

Saturday:
    This is our family day, the only day that both adults are off work. So we had made a plan to go on a hike to a close lake and fish once at the lake. Daddy didn't want to hike after all and he got mad that my son wanted to play with his new toys instead of getting ready to fish so left without us! :noway: My son is 3! Plus he didn't get to play with his new toys yet because we closed the place the night before so this was the first time to play with his new stuff. Really? He couldn't wait 5 more mins? So I went to my mom's house and spent the day with her. She took home leftover birthday cake so I wouldn't and I eat it! Plan backfired! We also ate KFC for dinner because her boyfriend picked it up on the way home. Anyway Daddy came home after 9:30 pm kids in bed already of course!

Sunday (Mother's Day):
    Daddy woke me up at 4:15 am saying that my 4 year old was up. So I got up (she had a bad dream) and put her back to sleep then I went back to sleep. He got up around 7am and went fishing before work. Didn't say ANYTHING before he left. House was a mess so I started cleaning. He got home at 6 after work then left 5 mins after to go fishing. Didn't come home till after 9:30 pm, he brought a plant with him and put it in my lap. The kids were asleep already and the dumb plant just made me mad because all I wanted was for him to tell my kids to make me a card or something. They didn't even know it was a special day! I feel like he did what he wanted all weekend and didn't even care enough to have the kids tell me happy mothers day. I tried to talk to my mom about it but she just said not to do anything for him on Father's day. I am just not like that. I want the kids to know that it is special for them to let their dad know how much they love him. I feel so unappreciated, like he doesn't even think to tell me I am a good mother because he doesn't think I am. I know that is not how it really is and that the plant was a nice thing to do but I felt like he was buying me off so I wouldn't be mad and it just made me more mad. I don't even like plants unless they are outside. I always get bugs because I overwater or underwater or whatever.

Anyway I ate bad today because I am feeling so bad and down about the weekend. I also don't feel well because I ate so bad. I have not said anything to my guy about being mad because I didn't want to fight about it but I was and I am really hurt about both the party and mother's day. Everyone I talk to about it says that I should leave him because he treats me bad and that is not what I want to hear I just want a shoulder to cry on!

At least I went to the gym today. I think I will feel better in the morning and better still once my week starts to get back to normal. Sorry about the long rant!

Jenn,

First, no need to apologize about the rant. As others have said, your SO's behavior was really inexcusable. :noway: And, as others have said, it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with his immaturity - you are a GREAT MOM! :flowerforyou: You are one of the stalwarts of this board - you certainly inspire me - I am sure that you must inspire others! I hope that at some point, you can find a way to talk to him about how his behavior made you feel. I don't know how open he is to feedback, but perhaps after you've given him a nice Father's Day...

Remember, we love you! And I'm sure he does, too - certainly your kids do! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    For you Jenn:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

We all know through your posts how much you care for your children and that you are a really good mom. I'm sorry your weekend was so disappointing and I understand it.

It's not up to anyone to tell you what to do but maybe the people who love you just don't want to see you hurt anymore. It may not be what you need right now, but it may have come from a place of love.

But it must make it even harder, to go through a painful weekend like that and not get the support you need from those close to you.

Thinking of you, Karin
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    So, just checked in to see how everyone was doing and to get some motivation - worked way too late @ the office, cooked, called my mom and then my SO and now am determined to do my last round of exercise for the day, even though it's 10:21 PM. Here's hoping that I am able to sleep after! I have about 20 - 30 more minutes of work to do, also, before knocking off! Of course, for those of you with small babies, I know that this is probably mild in comparison, so you are my inspirations for keeping going! Gambarimasho! (Japanese for, let's give it our all!) :bigsmile:

~ Shivaun
  • edelq
    edelq Posts: 111
    Options
    Ok, I just had my first weigh in,, feeling a bit better,, lost 1.5 pounds, but I know that I actually lost more during the week and gained some back at the weekend with a bad dinner on sat night and not being so good with my water the last few days.

So, my goals for this week are:
    -keep up all the water drinking
    -remember next weekend that after working hard all week, I shouldn't reverse my good work for the sake of some cake!
    -try and get a little exercise- really haven't much time with exams next week, but even 10 mins on exercise bike is better than nothing.. so gonna do that this week

SW 162.4
    CW 160.8
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    "Men are too simple to read your minds, your body language, or your tone of voice. If you do not tell him what you want, he will not figure it out on his own. A hint is not enough. A sigh, or your silence, or rolling your eyes is not enough. You need to tell him."

:smile: :smile: THIS IS SO TRUE!:laugh:
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I wear a pedometer just for fun and to see how may miles I walk a day....32,101 steps yesterday! No wonder I slept like a log!

I actually added some running to my treadmill walk. It felt good!

Have a great day! Make it Healthy!

Terri
  • HottMama
    HottMama Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm in! Current weight 128, Goal weight 115. I am just a small person and had my second baby, I would like to lose the belly fat! :)
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I did great yesterday! I was way under on calories but I'm not going to worry about it because I'm not interested in depravation and starvation. And my weight was back down 1.5 pounds, so I feel I'm being forgiven for straying.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • jtenbensel
    jtenbensel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Jenn--my heart was hurting just reading your post--I feel so terrible for you!! If I were closer--you could come cry on my shoulder--I hope that your week is going in the right direction today!! We are all here for you!! :)
  • kRpRpLgRl
    kRpRpLgRl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Here is to you Jenn. I felt so bad for you while I was reading your post. The positive to this was that you spent time with your kids and your own mother on Mother's Day. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Shame on him for not thinking of you any more than he did on your special day. You had the power to turn the day around and make it a good one without him. You did that by spending the time with your own mother, something I don't get to do anymore. I will hope and pray for you that next year he is so much better to you and makes you forget about this year. (((Positive thoughts your way))))!

Kim

My numbers for May (so far)

Starting 242
    May 3rd 240.4
    May 10th 235.4
    May goal is 235

I am going the right direction and my numbers look good, but it's only my second week on MFP= water weight. I plan to keep them moving in this direction. I really need to start exercising to help my inches go away as well.

Kim
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm in..since I am a newbie here I would like to know how do we do this? :blushing:

Think I figured this out:
    My numbers for May (so far)

Starting 148
    May 5th 147.3
    May goal is 143...today this goal feels hard as I have had such a sugar craving!!!
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    May 1 151.6
    May 10 148.8
    May goal 146.0
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm doing much better today! Got my workout in first thing this morning, only went over my calories by 54, and drank a lot of water. I ALREADY feel better! I didn't get a walk in after dinner last night like i wanted to, because it was raining. Tomorrow, my plan is to continue eating healthy, exercise for at least 45 min, and get in 96 ozs. of water.
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Terri--- GREAT JOB with all of those steps!! I am going to buy a pedometer ASAP. Did you ever find that article about guilt and dieting? At this point in the game, I feel like that is my biggest obstacle.