Lose 5 Pounds A Month- May 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Well...admittingly...no exercise for me this week. :( I ate well though and stayed within my calories. I consciously ate more veggies than I normally would. My weight did not budge! it stayed exactly the same. Hoping for some loss next week.
    HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

Don't give up. Your weight will budge, Just stick with it. Sometimes it takes a week or two for your body to realize what is happening. If you ate healthy and continue to do so it will happen. you'll see the scales show those lower numbers. :wink: Phyljen
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Morning All, what a week and next week won't be any better. My Husband's Gma passed away yesterday (it was expected, have waited all week for the news), well after looking at the money I will lose by taking a day off (I am a home daycare provider) and the money I will have to spend for someone to watch my kids, it didn't make sense for me to attend. Well hubby's Mom thinks I'm awful, especially since my Hubby is one of the pallbearers. She call three times yesterday to tell us so. I'm sure there will be more to come this week-end til I blow up at her. Can I just fast-forward to next Friday?????
    On a brighter note I didn't gain anything! :bigsmile: Of course I didn't lose anything either:sad: Someone told me to check my BMR that maybe I'm not getting enough calories, I'll have to research BMR....I'm sure eating over 1200 is why I need to lose weight in the first place.
    Hope everyone one else had a good week and have a GREAT week-end!
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    Had a really bad week and ate horribly with no excercise.
    Challange SE 272
    Current 269.2

gained about three pounds this week. I am hoping it is water weight.
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday morning to all!

May 1: 165
    May 7: 164
    May 14: 161.6, :bigsmile:

I am VERY happy with my number because I had a pretty bad week food and exercise-wise. I'm not sure how this happened but I'll take it!!!! Maybe I'll reach that 5 lbs before the end of May! Its gonna be close! The plan for this week is to eat healthier and exercise more.

Congratulations to everyone who lost lbs this week! Onward and downward! :happy:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Circusmom sad to hear about your husbands grandma. I do home daycare also and know how hard it is to take a day off. Just an idea for you that some one else gave to me and I now use in my contracts. Every year I take 4th of July week and Thanksgiving week as my vacation. Parents pay for both. I also have 5 floating vacation days that I can take whenever and parents pay for them. They are for things such as funerals or a long weekend. Or even simple things like getting time to see the doctor. I rarely use all 5 but they are nice to be able to take without losing a days pay.

Terri
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    January 1 weight 185.6

May 1st weight 174
    May 7 weight 175grumble grumble
    May 14 weight 174.5 Not great but almost back to where I started the month!

Need to stop; snacking in the evening that is what is killing me!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Fridauy,
    Well it has been tough this week because of TOM. I exercised my butt off (it feels so good. I will be somewhere around 6550 after today. so here's the results even with TOM

May 1 162.2
    May 7 160.4
    May 14 159.6

.8 pounds lost. I will take it. Also I broke the 160''s I am so happy!

Congrats to shelley for the loss
    Shawnae I am confused you said you gained but your stat shows that you have lost almost 3 pounds since the beginning of the month
    circus mom sorry about DH's Grandma
    Karin - I have been working in the yard for an hour everyday great calorie burn. it is supposed to really warm up so I am planning on 2 hours today and a lot tomorrow.
    PhylJen glad you are still around the thread I hope that you can get the rest your knee needs and way to go on the losing even with the injury. great job!

I hope everyone else has a great day!!!
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    I gained 3 pounds this week. Last week I was down to 266. My weekend is Monday-Thursday so my weekend was bad :(. But can't complain because I am down 3 pounds for the month!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Terri-
    15,000 steps! :noway: WOW!
    I sit all day at my desk so I know that I don't get the 10,000 per day. Today I will walk down the hall more and e mail less. Nice to talk with co-workers face to face anyway. And I need to stop snacking at night also I will think of you being strong tonight as I try to stay out of the kitchen! :flowerforyou:

Karin- You gardening fool! :laugh: Glad you are happier than a pig in ****!!! lol Sounds fun. Thanks for the advise to stay away from the scale but it came a little to late. Up 4 lbs, 146 yesterday, 1 pound gained for everyday I was off track so I guess that is fair. :ohwell: It will help me stay good this weekend.

PhylJen- I know what you meant about "end of school year busy" me 2! Also I love Potato Salad and just posted the other day about how hard it was to stay away from the yummy picnic food this time of year. Hope you had fun at your Linger Longer.:smile:

Ferff3- Stay at it all those extra veggies will pay off next week!

Circusmom- Don't let your MIL's miss-guided anger get you down she is just having a hard time losing her mom. I understand how hard it is for you to close the daycare with all those families who count on you but I agree with Terri about taking a few weeks off. I pay for two weeks a year, one week at Christmas and one week in July plus all the holidays.

Shawnae- Me 2! Lets both get back on track so next week is better! We cant go back so lets just learn from it and move ahead. :flowerforyou:

Shelley- Congrats for the loss, I bet you did better than you think you did!

Robin- 6550! Wow! Are you a robot! :laugh: That is awesome!

I will weigh in a bit later after my workout. I was 146 yesterday but maybe I went down a little overnight. :drinker: Here is to hopping!
  • rosesoflove1025
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Happy friday to you all! My weight loss hasn't gone very far these past two weeks. I worked off my butt yesterday by completing a 4.5 mile hike/walk on a local trail and then walking 2 miles around my neighborhood. I am hoping I'll see results soon.

May 1st : 226.6lbs.
    May 7th: 226.2 lbs (-.4 lbs)
    May 14th: 226.2 lbs

Have a great week everyone!
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Circusmom sad to hear about your husbands grandma. I do home daycare also and know how hard it is to take a day off. Just an idea for you that some one else gave to me and I now use in my contracts. Every year I take 4th of July week and Thanksgiving week as my vacation. Parents pay for both. I also have 5 floating vacation days that I can take whenever and parents pay for them. They are for things such as funerals or a long weekend. Or even simple things like getting time to see the doctor. I rarely use all 5 but they are nice to be able to take without losing a days pay.

Terri
    Thanks, that is a great idea! I'll be adding that when I renew contracts!!!!
  • JABehler
    JABehler Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Good day all,
    Been reading the logs. It sounds like we've all be pretty busy with life getting in the way. I guess that's the way it goes. I did not do well with exercise this last week either but did try to stay within my caloric intake. I'm going through a terrible case of dry/cotton mouth. Don't know what's going on here. Chewing gum seems to make it worse. I'm drinking a lot of water thinking that will help but not much. I do get exercise running to the bathroom a lot. :laugh:

Measurements this month:
    4/30 133.2
    5/7 133.8
    5/14 131.6

Jacque
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    4/30 157
    5/7 156
    5/14 154 :happy:

I ran my c25k this morning and will probably make it to the gym tonight to lift weights. If not, I'll have a nice walk with my dogs and hit the gym tomorrow morning. I am excited to be MOVING again! It feels great.

I had lunch at Olive Garden with my boyfriend today, and I am so proud of myself! I ate a couple bowls of minestrone and some salad (without croutons) but did not touch those breadsticks. I wasn't even tempted.... well, maybe a little. I am over my sodium already from the soup/salad but am OK with that since my sodium is usually pretty low. I am happy that I will stay under my calories despite eating out.

Circusmom--- I am so sorry for your loss, and also for the mother-in-law situation you will be dealing with. Yikes. Hopefully your hubby will step in and tell her to back off before you have to.

Jacque--- good luck with the cotton mouth! I get that sometimes too and hate it. I try to drink water non-stop and put (I know it's weird) Vaseline on my lips to keep them moist.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    SW for May 1: 144.5
    5/7: 142.5
    5/14: 145

2 and 1/2 lb gain:frown:

Not a big deal, I 'll stay on track this weekend and I'll be back down to that wonderful (but short lived) 142.5 by next week, I hope
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello Everyone, well after a lovely weekend away I am really pleased that I have still lost :smile: I am down another 2 pounds :laugh: we did do quite a bit of walking!!!

Starting Weight with MFP on 1/12/10........164.5

Weight on 5/1/10............................................138

Weight on 5/7/10............................................136

Weight on 5/14/10..........................................134

Goal Weight for end of May..........................133

Final Goal Weight...........................................126
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Hello Everyone, well after a lovely weekend away I am really pleased that I have still lost :smile: I am down another 2 pounds :laugh: we did do quite a bit of walking!!!

Starting Weight with MFP on 1/12/10........164.5

Weight on 5/1/10............................................138

Weight on 5/7/10............................................136

Weight on 5/14/10..........................................134

Goal Weight for end of May..........................133

Final Goal Weight...........................................126

WOW! You rock! 30 pounds down in 5 months. You are doing something right!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    SW for May 1: 144.5
    5/7: 142.5
    5/14: 145

2 and 1/2 lb gain:frown:

Not a big deal, I 'll stay on track this weekend and I'll be back down to that wonderful (but short lived) 142.5 by next week, I hope

I know you can do it!!!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I set a goal with myself on April 20th to lose 5 pounds a month, so heck yeah I want in on this. :bigsmile: Sorry I'm a bit late but I just joined MFP this week. I've been gradually losing for the last few years & decided that I needed to start journaling my food/excercise so that I could meet my goals easier.....then I stumbled upon MFP! I'm enjoying reading all the posts. Its been very motivating to read how everyone is doing it. Kudos to everyone on your journey to a better life!

I'll try to weigh in tomorrow. As of 5-11-10 I was at 244.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hey 5-pounders!

I just love the heck out of our group - Phyllis is absolutely right!

So, Friday weigh in is 127. Again. But I kept my commitment to check in, move every day and take it a little easier with the :drinker: !!

Oh, and my garden is looking pretty fabulous if I may say so myself :bigsmile:
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    HI PALS.
    Good morning from Cairo this Saturday morning. Just checking in to say HI.:smile:
    GREAT WORK EVERYONE on your previous week and all you learned about yourself on this journey.
    Wanted to wish everyone a great Saturday. My goal today is to work work work in my classroom getting report cards started and then I will treat myself to a SWIM at the school pool for an hour! YIPPEE! Love Saturdays! :wink: Phyljen