3 most annoying posts

Options
Please, if you are a newbie, or just simple, do not post one of the following:

1) "I don't get it. Am I suppose to eat my exercise calories back?"

2) "I know I'm suppose to eat more, I'm just not that hungry.How do I get more calories?"

3) "What does NET calories mean?"

These three common posts are so rediculous on so many levels that they don't even justify a response. I know this sounds insensitive, but anyone who can't figure out the answers to these quetsions on their own is pretty much doomed anyway.

If you are one of the people who takes the time to go into a serious explanation for these people, you are a much more patient person than I.

Replies

• Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Actually I would rate this as the most annoying post I've read.

And I just left the "Stab, rape, or kill" thread that just got shut down.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options

I agree!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options

That, Sir, was funny!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

pretty much
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Rediculous. Definately.

I hope you have your flame retardant suit all washed up and ready to go. You're gonna need it.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Imagine that, you only have 5 friends! lol
  • kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I thought the purpose of this board was to support and help - and despite many knowing the answers to those 3 questions, many do not - hence, they come here for help - I asked about TDEE and BMR to get a thorough understanding of true caloric intake needed as it took me time and thankfully, Dan's post helped and I got it. How have we overlooked that the main reason for this website / board is to help and not judge or put anyone down for asking questions about diet and health? I guess that is me being too "simple" as you put it......................
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I guess not everyone knows everything the first time they try to improve their lifestyle... :noway:
  • xjckemx
    xjckemx Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well you must just know everything about everything and have never had to ask a question. I'm a qualified solicitor so not "Simple" but when I first joined I asked all sorts of questions, I didn't understand at all how it worked with exercise calories or how much I should be eating. Some 2 months in I still have questions. Clearly if these things annoy you so much you should remove yourself!
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    I thought the purpose of this board was to support and help - and despite many knowing the answers to those 3 questions, many do not - hence, they come here for help - I asked about TDEE and BMR to get a thorough understanding of true caloric intake needed as it took me time and thankfully, Dan's post helped and I got it. How have we overlooked that the main reason for this website / board is to help and not judge or put anyone down for asking questions about diet and health? I guess that is me being too "simple" as you put it......................

Exactly. What's the point of having a community like this if not to help people with weight loss and fitness, as one of the main objectives? This requires tolerance and a gracious helpful attitude.
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    God forbid someone should Google something before expecting someone else to spoon feed them.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I know this is a really difficult concept, but there is this thing that we refer to as "ignoring" where you simply avoid topics you don't care to reply to. I know. It's a really hard thing for some folks, but I promise, with enough practice, you can master this skill.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    This type of thread is probably more annoying then anything else I see no doubt. Ragging on people that are seeking help...not good :/.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    WOW.... just wow.... condescending much? I don't think discouraging people from posting questions is the way to nourish the sense of community. I hope you are just having a rare moment of poor judgement and not that you are always this way. Hope the rest of your day is a s pleasant as you are. :noway:

I will add, some times you may Google something and get so much conflicting info that you don't know what to believe! Sometimes it helps to ask those who have experience with something instead of relying on an article that was copied and pasted onto 15 different websites.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    sounds like a disgruntled Marlins fan
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Ignore it.
    A-B-C, it's easy as 1,2,3.
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    God forbid someone should Google something before expecting someone else to spoon feed them.

Told you. :heart:
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight through Weight Watchers. It's a wonderful plan all on its own.

However, that plan does not teach you about BMR and TDEE, and I had never heard of these things until I joined MFP. Having a good understanding of these things has helped me gain more lean muscle mass and reduce body fat, even after reaching my weight goal.

If people don't ask questions, they are not going to learn. That is what this site is all about.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Don't be a d!ck. I think that should be a rule of forum posting.
This discussion has been closed.