3 most annoying posts

Replies

• KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    4. Do not post threads criticizing other people for asking questions.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Wouldn't you rather people ask and get answers from people who 1) supposedly care- I mean isn't that part of joining the MFP community- I get not everyone is here to give and get support from others and would rather have posts about who is and isn't bangable and 2) have had some success of their own and can say I did this, this and this- rather than just googling "how to lose weight" and finding methods that aren't healthy or that are trying sell someone a product that is at best a waste of money?

I realize that there are boards out there that have answered these questions- but the search function in MFP isn't the greatest to go back and find that thread.

If you don't want to answer the question just move on to the next message board instead of making a list of what is and isn't acceptable behaviour from newbies according to you.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Imagine that, you only have 5 friends! lol

Did you really just "lol" about the amount of MFP freinds I have? All of my friends are actual people that I can see.

Amount of friends? Are they liquid or gas?
  • Jude_V
    Jude_V Posts: 72 Member

All of my friends are actual people that I can see.

This makes me think you are one of 'those' people who thinks that people on the internet aren't real...therefore it's ok to be rude to them, it's ok to belittle them and it's ok to believe yourself above them, because they are saddos who have 'pretend' friends.

I will say that to be so up yourself when you can't even spell Ridiculous, makes me really want to slap you...

I'm real and I might have questions....
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    I'm all about asking questions. I'm all against asking rediculously simple questions that have common sense answers, or questions that bait people to cater to their disorders and insecurities. I am insensitive, yes, but many of the important decsions throughout history have been made without sensitivity to many. There is a difference between sensitivity and coddling, and a difference between rudeness and honesty.

but you weren't talking about "important historical decisions", you are talking about people who want to learn the right way to do something, from people who have experience.

and, common sense to you isn't common sense to everyone. we all come from different backgrounds and different educations when it comes to food, health, and nutrition.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
  • cybersheel
    cybersheel Posts: 145 Member
    1) "I don't get it. Am I suppose to eat my exercise calories back?"

2) "I know I'm suppose to eat more, I'm just not that hungry.How do I get more calories?"

3) "What does NET calories mean?"

What's the answer to these three questions please?
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member

Did you really just "lol" about the amount of MFP freinds I have? All of my friends are actual people that I can see.

For some reason, I doubt you have that many real friends also. JJJJUUUUUUSSSSSSTTTTTTT a hunch!

Au contraire. Many people really enjoy my dry wit.
  • splengie
    splengie Posts: 3
    Please, if you are a newbie, or just simple, do not post one of the following:

1) "I don't get it. Am I suppose to eat my exercise calories back?"

2) "I know I'm suppose [sic] to eat more, I'm just not that hungry.How do I get more calories?"

These three common posts are so rediculous [sic] on so many levels that they don't even justify a response. I know this sounds insensitive, but anyone who can't figure out the answers to these quetsions on their own is pretty much doomed anyway.

If you are one of the people who takes the time to go into a serious explanation for these people, you are a much more patient person than I.

You get the advantage of having a little red line under words to tell you that you're spelling is atrocious, and you still don't correct it. SUPPOSE you work on your english instead of complaining about things that don't impact you in any way. Aren't we SUPPOSED to be here to help people?
  • Rediculous. Definately.

I hope you have your flame retardant suit all washed up and ready to go. You're gonna need it.

Hehe
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    NOT ONLY ARE YOU INSENSITIVE, YOU ARE SO RUDE! How will one learn if they don't ask questions??

By the way, learn to spell!!!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member

If there was dry wit expressed in this thread it didn't come from you.
  • 1) "I don't get it. Am I suppose to eat my exercise calories back?"

2) "I know I'm suppose to eat more, I'm just not that hungry.How do I get more calories?"

What's the answer to these three questions please?

I don't know, or I'd tell you. :)

Plus...I used to get told I have a dry witty sense of humor, I used to take that as a compliment...somehow now, NOT SO MUCH. Hmmm

:) I understand aggravation, what I don't understand is taking it to a level that you actually make a thread about it.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member

I would hardly call insulting an entire community with your self righteous, holier than thou attitude "dry wit". The day will come that you must ask a question that someone else thinks the answer to is common sense, and they are going to treat you as you have treated others. I wish you karma.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    I want to draw everyone's attention to something: there are people who are a higher version of the troll. They create a persona over time just to disrupt the forum. We all enjoy being silly at times, but it would be best to not feed these extended trolls.
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 684 Member

For some reason, I doubt you have that many real friends also. JJJJUUUUUUSSSSSSTTTTTTT a hunch!

Are you telling us that this thread you started is your idea of "dry wit"? lol

C'mon, if you're going to be a Dbag at least own it.
  • cjjc1001
    cjjc1001 Posts: 27
    People who are new to this site, like me...might have questions. Luckily there are nice people out there who don't mind answering. Way to be mean and discouraging! I think YOU are the one who is RIDICULOUS (with an 'I' not an 'E') for taking the the time out to be a d*ck!
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    I dont get it. Am I supposed to eat my exercise calories back? I am really not sure of what my NET food intake is. Can you help with that also?
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member

I see dead ppl. Can I count them among my friends?
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Because that calls for actually using one's brain, which is definitely lacking in some of the lazy questions being asked. Why not get someone to do the work for you.
This discussion has been closed.