3 most annoying posts

Options

Replies

• TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Actually I would rate this as the most annoying post I've read.

And I just left the "Stab, rape, or kill" thread that just got shut down.

Excellent!
  • thepersonaboveyou
    Options
    I guess I shouldn't ask newbie questions! :-)
  • TheWinman
    Options
    Please, if you are a newbie, or just simple, do not post one of the following:

1) "I don't get it. Am I suppose to eat my exercise calories back?"

2) "I know I'm suppose to eat more, I'm just not that hungry.How do I get more calories?"

3) "What does NET calories mean?"

These three common posts are so rediculous on so many levels that they don't even justify a response. I know this sounds insensitive, but anyone who can't figure out the answers to these quetsions on their own is pretty much doomed anyway.

If you are one of the people who takes the time to go into a serious explanation for these people, you are a much more patient person than I.

How annoying your post is! People have to learn and that is why they ask.
  • MusicInMyHeart
    Options
    We all have to start somewhere, don't we? We should all help each other instead of tearing us down.
  • shmoony
    shmoony Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Absolutely. How difficult is it, exactly, to ignore the posts of people asking questions that you deem beneath you? [/quote]

If I did that, I wouldn't be able to read any posts.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    God forbid someone should Google something before expecting someone else to spoon feed them.

Actually Google tends to provide most of the misinformation I come across on these boards.

It's what gives people the idea that "Eating after 6pm?" is a bad idea and that raspberry ketones will "boost" their metabolism.

I did that before I found MFP and most of what I found was the NEVER EAT CARBS EVER kind of stuff, or diet pills that dr.oz has been promoting. :/
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. How difficult is it, exactly, to ignore the posts of people asking questions that you deem beneath you?
    If I did that, I wouldn't be able to read any posts.
    [/quote]

Careful you don't fall off of that high horse and break that long nose of yours!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I understand people don't understand but there is a search function and the ability to scroll through a few pages before posting the identical question that was posted a half hour ago. Weight loss isn't that individualized that you have to have a recommendation based on exactly your info.
  • shmoony
    Options
    Imagine that, you only have 5 friends! lol

Did you really just "lol" about the amount of MFP freinds I have? All of my friends are actual people that I can see.
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    Tolerance can be extended to the OP also perhaps? Tolerance isn't likely to be taught with intolerance.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I had to unignore you to read this post, it wasn't worth it. LOL Bitter much?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    If that kiddo in your ticker is your child, consider MFP an opportunity to practice answering questions repeatedly that seem basic to you. :flowerforyou:

But WHY?!
  • TheWinman
    Options
    First step: sign up for MFP
    Second step: This is great! But I have a lot of questions
    Third step: get your questions answered and think "Hey, this is awesome. Thanks!"
    Fourth step: All of the sudden you forget once upon a time you had questions as well. You feel those people are beneath you.

And the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.
    [/quote}
    Nicely explained!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    DO not tell me what to do if you dont have a profile pic.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    this is all well and good, but what counts as water?
  • shmoony
    Options
    I'm all about asking questions. I'm all against asking rediculously simple questions that have common sense answers, or questions that bait people to cater to their disorders and insecurities. I am insensitive, yes, but many of the important decsions throughout history have been made without sensitivity to many. There is a difference between sensitivity and coddling, and a difference between rudeness and honesty.
  • TheWinman
    Options
    I understand people don't understand but there is a search function and the ability to scroll through a few pages before posting the identical question that was posted a half hour ago. Weight loss isn't that individualized that you have to have a recommendation based on exactly your info.

Then it's just better then to keep this forum as a dating site, a sexual addiction site or a (marry me, bang me or put a bag over your face) site. lol C'mon, based on the wide variety of stuff posted on this site, a little repetition that actually involves discussion about what MFP is intended for is something we can deal with.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    If that kiddo in your ticker is your child, consider MFP an opportunity to practice answering questions repeatedly that seem basic to you. :flowerforyou:

But WHY?!

:laugh:

But, why is it that way? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Why?
  • TheWinman
    Options
    Imagine that, you only have 5 friends! lol

Did you really just "lol" about the amount of MFP freinds I have? All of my friends are actual people that I can see.

For some reason, I doubt you have that many real friends also. JJJJUUUUUUSSSSSSTTTTTTT a hunch!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options

Then it's just better then to keep this forum as a dating site, a sexual addiction site or a (marry me, bang me or put a bag over your face) site. lol C'mon, based on the wide variety of stuff posted on this site, a little repetition that actually involves discussion about what MFP is intended for is something we can deal with.

^This, At least their concerns are fitness or health based.
This discussion has been closed.