CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    rediculous
    quetsions

I feel you are doomed also.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Well it might be annoying to you but some people are still new to this and come on the forum looking for answers. Making this thread and making someone feel stupid or make it feel like they are annoying will just get them to stop asking and they won't ever reach their goals.
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Actually I would rate this as the most annoying post I've read.

And I just left the "Stab, rape, or kill" thread that just got shut down.

I agree!

Add me in... and I saw that horrific post, as well.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Ignore it.
    A-B-C, it's easy as 1,2,3.

jackson-5-gif.gif
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options

I agree, this is the rudest post I have seen!!! What is wrong with people asking questions..newbie or not already answered or not....I personally have learned a lot from some people asking those same questions over and over!!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    People don't come here knowing everything, and the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. I don't mind helping explain these things to people who just need a little help. The ones who insist on sticking to disordered ideas....well that's another thing. But OP...you do know you don't have to click on those topics that annoy you, don't you?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    God forbid someone should Google something before expecting someone else to spoon feed them.

Actually Google tends to provide most of the misinformation I come across on these boards.

It's what gives people the idea that "Eating after 6pm?" is a bad idea and that raspberry ketones will "boost" their metabolism.
  • darias_mommy
    darias_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ignore it.
    A-B-C, it's easy as 1,2,3.

jackson-5-gif.gif

BAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I thought the purpose of this board was to support and help - and despite many knowing the answers to those 3 questions, many do not - hence, they come here for help - I asked about TDEE and BMR to get a thorough understanding of true caloric intake needed as it took me time and thankfully, Dan's post helped and I got it. How have we overlooked that the main reason for this website / board is to help and not judge or put anyone down for asking questions about diet and health? I guess that is me being too "simple" as you put it......................

Absolutely. How difficult is it, exactly, to ignore the posts of people asking questions that you deem beneath you? LOL Perhaps a hobby would be useful?
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Please, if you are a newbie, or just simple, do not post one of the following:

oh so, new people are supposed to automatically know about things as soon as they sign up? My orientation package must have got lost in the mail.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    First step: sign up for MFP
    Second step: This is great! But I have a lot of questions
    Third step: get your questions answered and think "Hey, this is awesome. Thanks!"
    Fourth step: All of the sudden you forget once upon a time you had questions as well. You feel those people are beneath you.

And the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    well, this post goes straight into my top 3,

If the OP knows so much you wonder why he's bothering to be on here at all?
  • imafluffypuffybear
    Options
    i dont get whats annoying about it, afteralll you are here to help those people who need help. I think this is more shamless to post something like that
  • Rachlovesfitness
    Rachlovesfitness Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    You're right, it is insensitive of you.
  • imafluffypuffybear
    Options
    First step: sign up for MFP
    Second step: This is great! But I have a lot of questions
    Third step: get your questions answered and think "Hey, this is awesome. Thanks!"
    Fourth step: All of the sudden you forget once upon a time you had questions as well. You feel those people are beneath you.

And the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.
    agree!
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options

I was just going to post that one as my most annoying and completely inappropriate post EVER! You beat me to it.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Knitting, taxidermy, spoon collecting, bird watching, reading, trapeze. Maybe try one of those hobbies?
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options

QFT.
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    Imagine that, you only have 5 friends! lol

^^^^^^^^LMBO!!!
  • JessicaN1979
    JessicaN1979 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It takes a while for some people to understand the concept of TDEE and BMR and net calories. So, I find it sad that people are telling others what to post and what not to post. It is easier to post and have people reply to your own posts than to read through the millions of threads out there. I encourage the newbies or even people who are not new who do not understand to post and wait for the responses. If you do not like the posts, simply do not read them or respond to them. You do have that option. No need to tell people what they can or can't post. This is a place for motivation and support and it saddens me to see posts like this.
This discussion has been closed.