WR
  • mullichicken25
    mullichicken25 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    fantasitc
  • Bigsmak
    Bigsmak Posts: 3
    Options
    Just read this (in fact just reading the forums for the first time today)... been at this for about 4-5 months now and the weight dropped to start and then halted, then went up a bit now starting to drop off a bit again... Like a bloomin rollercoaster...

But I took up exercise recently for the first time in years and have been adding to the exercise part about 4-5 times a week, be it swimming, golf or gym. I look and feel better.. but I still want to lose weight and was getting a bit disheartened. Reading the opening post has put a smile on my face and thats good..

Thanks
  • emeraldshan
    emeraldshan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Love this! I have only been on this site for a couple of weeks and I must say I am enjoying the rapid loss of stage 1 ( 9 lbs. in 16 days)! Iappreciate your insight into what I should expect along this journey. Thank You!
  • SailorMoon007
    SailorMoon007 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow! Bump for sure!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hello Phase 5.....my old friend
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,106 Member
    Options
    ump-bay
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    ump-bay

A new language e-vennnn. :laugh:
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Bump
  • blackhawk71
    Options
    *Great* article on what to expect. I'm at phase 5 and need to set my expectations accordingly because I do get frustrated not seeing the results I used to see at previous phases.

For those running into their initial walls: don't give up! Keep going!!! You *will* break through that wall and once you do, your body will be operating in a different mode, making it easier to lose fat and feel well.
  • fabmama
    fabmama Posts: 14
    Options
    Excellent article! I went through the phases but never had anyone set expectations for me the way you have outlined. I am definitely in Phase 4 on my way to Phase 5 and I basically abandoned ship almost a year ago because I was overly satisfied with the progress I had made and was tired of keeping up - plus my personal circumstances changed and I got more busy so exercise and eating right fell to the way side. I have decided to get serious and finish the final stretch and look forward to getting to the Maintenance phase before the end of the year! Hopefully MFP will help me get there.
  • greej
    greej Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this article. I've only been in this for a week, lost seven pounds--yeah, of water weight ; ) was drinking very very little before--and while I know logically that my body won't continue on like this, it helps to know where I'll be going. I really don't want to give up this time.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the Kudos guys. One thing I want to stress is that these timelines that I gave are kind of arbitrary, I know I say it in the original post, but it's important to realize that while I might say you'll hit a stage in a month or two, it could be weeks or many months.
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Bump
  • mellc80
    mellc80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks I really needed to hear whats to come.
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Options
    bump