Expectations

Options

Replies

• vmcshannon
    vmcshannon Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like this thread. I think I'm stuck in #1 but with no weight loss at all. Hard to get motivated when I have such high expectation.:happy:
  • mckenzie330
    mckenzie330 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i think im at stage 2-3. ive been on this website for about a month, but i've been trying to lose weight for almost 2. so far, i've lost about 16 pounds altogether which im really happy about, but i feel so frustrated because im plateuing and it's definitely a slow process. one good thing is that the other day i put on my "skinny jeans"- you know, the ones you hide away in the back of your closet, and tell yourself one day you'll be able to slide them on again? well, the other day i was able to pull them on, and zip them up ANd button them. granted, i could barely breathe and was sucking it in as much as possible, but i used to not be ablle to get them up past my thighs! so it was quite an achievement.

*sigh* weight loss is definitely quite the struggle, and i guess im really just trying to stay as motivated as possible and do the best i can. sometimes ill have that slice of pizza or not have time one day to workout, but the best you can do is your best.

also, for anyone who's interested- i've been doing Jillian Michael's 30-day shred and I just started level 2. The program is incredible. It really leaves you huffing and puffing and feeling like you're gonna pass out by the end, but it's only 25-30 minutes and once ur done for the day you are done- and it really does work! If I wasn't doing that program I'd probably be about 6-8 lbs heavier and even more frustrated than I am. Thank God for Jillian.

Thanks so much for posting this blog! It's really really helpful.

best of luck to all fellow fitnesspal's out there

-McKenzie
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    BUMP :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Annybel
    Annybel Posts: 62
    Options
    Thank you so much for this! I'm just starting out, and it's nice to have an idea of what to expect.
  • LMP1979
    LMP1979 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Enchantica
    Options
    excellent piece of information - looks like I jumped in at the "last 10lbs to drop" level as I wanted to loose under a stone to trim up for my holiday.

I've been watching one of my buddies (who shall remain nameless) who's been eating crisps and pies and all number of things that don't look particularly healthy and that person has consistently lost a ton of weight (well, not quite a ton, but you know what I mean) I've been finding it a little demoralising to be loosing just little by little while my friend drops pounds, however, I now have a better understanding of why I'm loosing just small amounts.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    great post thanks xxx
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    self bumping.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    read, re-read and bumped.

I think I'm starting to "get" this.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Brushing up on Banks-isms :tongue:
  • marianne_s
    marianne_s Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I am at Phase 3.... but I still don't feel like I've lost 20 lbs...!

I can see it on the scale, and when I measure... but don't really see it in the mirror....

This hasn't upset me, because I'm quite goal orientated - so I will continue until I get to weight I want to be....
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Brushing up on Banks-isms :tongue:

oh I have isms alright! My psychiatrist told me so.
  • healthycat31
    Options
    Bump. This is great stuff!

I'm at phase 5 with 5 - 10 pounds to go. I hit a couple of 'walls' too during the journey but you just gotta hang in there when that happens.

Feeling really confident about phase 6 (maintenance) :smile:
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Gelly_Bean
    Gelly_Bean Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • kabullard
    kabullard Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm in phase 2 right now....I hope I'm close to phase 3...this no weight loss for a while is driving me nuts :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Phase 4. Really digging in.
    This is where the second wall can happen. You're probably at between 3 and 4 months by now, and if you have gone this far, you feel like you have already suceeded. This is where many people stumble. they are tired of the routine, tired of eating different things from all their friends, limiting their alcohol intake. Basically the shine has worn off. this is when your really need to plant your feet. Maybe change up your exercise routine, make a concentrated effort to find different, but still nutritional food. Talk to people. And examine how far you have come. At this point, no matter how much external motivation you receive, it's all about believing in yourself!

Just checking in with myself... I'm on phase 4, and it's definitely easy to stumble again, despite having been in a routine for some time and knowing what I need to do to lose the weight and get healthier. I'm about 50 lbs down and still have 35-45ish pounds to lose. I've found the key to staying on track is to find non-scale related goals to focus on - right now that's running. I've signed up for a 7k and a 10k, and plan to sign up for a half marathon later this year. Working on training toward those goals takes some of the focus/pressure off my weight (Though that is continuing to go down). The regular cardio from my running-training is definitely improving my overall fitness and it's fun to see/feel my prorgress. I'm hoping that by the last quarter of this year, I'll be 5-10 lbs fro my goal range and will have tackled a half marathon!! :drinker:
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    bump
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    bump and thanks Banks