Expectations

Options

Replies

• skinnyminimoni
    Options
    I'm definitely in Stage 2. It's frustrating but I can make it through!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,083 Member
    Options
    bump.gif
  • kelley555
    kelley555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mzek
    mzek Posts: 7
    Options
    hey, thanks so much for this ! I've tried in the past to lose weight. But, as I was uneducated, I always stopped at phase 2. This time counting cals even feels like a game. Though I'm still afraid to give up once I reach that darn wall.

Question : While at phase 2, should I work harder (longer workouts) or just keep going with the simple cal deficit ?

Thanks people, for your accomplishments as well as your good advice !

Myriam
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    hey, thanks so much for this ! I've tried in the past to lose weight. But, as I was uneducated, I always stopped at phase 2. This time counting cals even feels like a game. Though I'm still afraid to give up once I reach that darn wall.

Question : While at phase 2, should I work harder (longer workouts) or just keep going with the simple cal deficit ?

Thanks people, for your accomplishments as well as your good advice !

Myriam

ultimately patience is king with weight loss. if you know you set a valid deficit goal, and you are doing the right kind of exercises for you, then there's no need to change it up.
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cmriverside
    Options
    bump-1.gif
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    What a great read, thank you!

I just wrote a blog last night about my "future fears"... I'm on Day 6 of Cycle 2 of the 17 Day Diet, and I'm so fearful of "falling off" at some point. Right now I'm still honey-mooning and all is fabulous, but I know future challenges will lead me to some struggles.

Reading this will really help me to be able to reflect on where I'm at, where I've been, and where I want to be.

Thank you so much!

:drinker:

Ice
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :smile:
  • b4bena
    b4bena Posts: 23
    Options
    Great input! thanks a bunch!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    thbumpphotobucketluckily1.gif
  • haldemanhotel
    haldemanhotel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this is incredibly helpful! :)
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warning! Great to keep in mind.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    great post! :happy:
  • hallzz
    hallzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks Banks. I'm definitely in stage 2 and I was beginning to get really frustrated. I have increased my exercise and my intensity. I believe that I am beginning to gain more muscle. I anxiously await the day that the scale starts to go back down again! On my fourth week, hoping to see some change in the next two. Alos, thanks for the other post about eating your exercise calories. That had been making me nervous but now I know that I am doing the right thing!
  • Dona_Maria
    Dona_Maria Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this, I need all the help I can get!
  • starberi30
    Options
    bump
  • kafullam
    kafullam Posts: 84
    Options
    Thank you for this very informative post...I just joined MFP and just started working with a personal trainer. I am still a little naive when it comes to caloric intake and exercise calories and all that. Looking forward to seeing some results with a realistic goal in mind! Thanks again!!!