WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2013

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

So the interview went well yesterday. I should know something within a week or so.

I have been trying to take control and plan some fun things. We booked a week on a catamaran yacht that holds 6 couples and a crew of 2. St Maarten at Christmas will be fun and warm. Then we will make a stop in Vegas to see my precious little Olivia and her new brother or sister (due at the end of September).

Plans are firming up for Alaska in August. Last time we drove so much that we have decided to focus on a much smaller area and enjoy the fishing and camping. We will do a river rafting trip and a horseback riding trip and the rest will be fishing.

I am spending all my energy on being in a relatively positive frame of mind and just plowing forward. At least the scale isn't creeping up at all.

Have a glorious day all,

Robin, Bodi and Ritter
    in the PNW
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Doglady I am so glad Easter is over. Just looking at your wight loss ticker could drive me insane knowing that some one out there is selling those cadbury mini eggs.

72 clear degrees right now, Rains and storms supposed to start Thursday. Will enjoy it while it lasts. Today we go for husbands first check up with the cardiologist since his heart attack. Hopefully he will remind him again on his diet.
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Marking my spot for the new thread.

This morning's run was at 6:45 a.m. and it was SIXTY (60) DEGREES and sunny. NO layers, NO gloves, NO hat, short sleeves. I hope I don't get up tomorrow and see snow on the ground. This weather in these parts has been crazy.

Jackie
  • ohiomomof2
    ohiomomof2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

I am back from having my biopsy done and cautiously optimistic about the outcome. The radiologist felt it was a cyst beforehand and then it deflated to less than half its size when he put the biopsy needle in so that reinforced his opinion. I should know on Thursday but am feeling pretty good at this point.

I just had to share this NSV with you all. I was hungry when leaving the hospital plus I tend to celebrate good news with food. The “old” me would have headed right McDonalds for my favorite breakfast there – a Sausage McMuffin with Egg (450 calories with 27 fat grams for those who are wondering). Instead, I came home, made myself a egg white sandwich on wheat bread with a little bit of Hormel’s crumbled bacon on it (180 calories with 5 fat grams). Yummy and so much better for me than the alternative!

Ok, I'm going to try to get some things done here at the house - took the day off to have the biopsy this morning and my annual gyn appointment (what a day, huh?)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Yay! The new/continuation is here. Thank you Barbie!
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Clunk .... that's the sound of me checking in to mark my spot for later x
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump so i can find this later.

I've been MIA since Friday:blushing:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,165 Member
    Options
    Just trying to keep up!!! Waiting for the Maytag repairman (who apparently isn't a bit lonely because they are running that guy around all day long!).:laugh: :wink: :laugh:

Best wishes my friends.

Lin in Central Iowa

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    bump
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,979 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: The roof guy came by this morning to bring the bill. We hadn't been thinking when he quoted the price and the bill was the price he quoted plus to gigantic Washington state sales tax...it was a bit of a shock. I had just come back from walking the dogs for over two hours and he had come from the gym where he worked out on the elliptical for an hour followed by an endurance cardio class so we talked about exercise and fitness. Jake called from California while I was walking...he kept getting interrupted by his two small grandsons who wanted to play with him.....he's having a good time.

:flowerforyou: Amanda, you do have some serious eating challenges if dairy is a problem for your IBS. I'm sure you have already read on the internet and elsewhere about vegetable sources of protein......I assume that beans are a problem, too.

:flowerforyou: Sandy in Ohio, I will think positive thoughts for you.....all the reassurance in the world won't help as much as the results from the biopsy, as uncomfortable and scary as it might be.

:flowerforyou: Michele, I have stayed out of the conversation about your son's wedding because I don't have children of my own and don't understand the draw you have to be at your son's wedding but I do feel your pain and hope that you will find a resolution that heals your heart....maybe this is a time to use my happiness commandment "Act the way you want to feel"

:flowerforyou: Deb in CNY, we didn't board our Golden Retriever for most of her life but when we had a situation that required it, Jake chose to board her at the vet where she knew the people and if she needed medical care they would be right there. We board Brandy and Sasha with their vet here.

:flowerforyou: One of the highlights of my weekend was a conversation with a woman who has been "abstinent" on Overeaters Anonymous for over 20 years and has maintained a impressive weight loss most of that time. She shared about her program and how hard it was to admit that she was powerless over food and that needed to admit that she could no longer eat like other people.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Didn't realise we were on page 2 already......... bump for later.
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm on standby-DH is assembling some furniture and may need a hand.
    Barbie- Our vet doesn't board pets, but a friend has a pet store. She also runs a doggie daycare and boards dogs. We are checking into her place. The staff are great with the dogs. We took pictures for them as a fundraiser at Christmas time.

Sandy- Hope the news is good.

Deb in CNY
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I'm new to MFP, but loving it. I have a long road in front of me, but I'm looking forward to the journey. I am tired of being tired, and being in pain. Considered WLS, but really don't want to go that route. The key is healthy eating - even if you have WLS.

I'm 61 years old. Worked all my life, but now I'm on disability with problems related to my weight, including heart disease. I so want to be able to move without constant pain. I'd love to garden but I can't get up and down and bend and reach. Damn! Also want to be able to shop - I was reading a thread the other day about shopping at thrift shops - I long for the dy I can do that. Right now I have to order through catalogs.

But I'm not going to be negative. I've started down the road. Tomorrow I'm going to an appointment with a dietician. Will probably see her once a month.

Look forward to getting to know all of you. :bigsmile:

Have a good day!
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Barbie – You Rock!!!!!!!!!!!

CityJane – Those are two very important NSVs! Earworms can be supremely annoying :grumble:

Robin – Great news about the interview, if you want the job I hope you get it! Must admit, trying not to be jealous of your fabulous trips coming up :blushing:

Sandy -great news about the biopsy, and good for you for making such a healthy food choice!

Marygee1951 – Welcome and congratulations on your decision to pursue your health. We’re all on similar journeys, check in here often for support and encouragement

Laura80111 – Glad you made it to work safely in the blowing snow this morning. Hope your drive home isn’t long and drawn out. Far less snow here than predicted, hope the same is true for you. Be safe :flowerforyou:

Brooke from Colorado

“Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.”
  • jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    good afternoon - only have a quick minute. the scale continues to creep down - yeah. Work has gotten so crazy that I'm having trouble fitting in my workouts - going to need a new strategy.
    Barbie - thanks again for keeping this thread going
    ohiomom - praying you get good test results
    congrats to all on your victories
    prayers going out to all who have asked
    hang in there
    Jodios in once again cold and wet Chicagoland
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bump me for later!
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Just popping by for a sec -

Lucy, yes, sadly DH was watching. I made him switch to the NCAA game but it was too late. He's banned now.

Someone else was asking about protein - it's a little trickier for vegetarians, so I cheat. I've been doing a pretty rigorous workout for the past nine months that calls for a protein/recovery drink after each workout, so I make a whey protein smoothie each morning after I workout. I was hit and miss with this initially, but around last holiday season I noticed my hair falling out a LOT, nails were more brittle than normal, and I was exhausted all the time. I finally put two and two together, realized I was being pretty lax about tracking my protein intake so now I have the drink every day. It provides around 40 grams of protein, almost 2/3 of what I need, in one drink. Then I make sure I have some protein with each snack and meal - a little yogurt, cottage cheese, almonds, tofu, and lots of beans (my main staple). I can get 65 grams of protein a day with just food if I try very hard, but I have to be conscientious, and honestly I'm just not that married to tracking food like that. It's easier to just drink it and then not have to think about it.

Jodios, that's great news.

Ohiomom, so glad to hear the good (fingers crossed) news!

Robin, spreading the finger-crossing to include you in getting the new job. Your vacation sounds wonderful - and I can tell you my ex and his wife went on the catamaran tour like that and had a wonderful time.

OK, work seems to be winding down for the day, so it's back to the dirt I go. I LOVE seeing the plots cleaned up and ready for new life.
  • LucyT4dieting
    LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Another page already!!! Bumping for later.....
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the cardiologist. This was the first visit since my husbands heart attack/stent. Everything is good, he is free to walk as much as he wants and at the pace he wants. He is scheduled for a stress test in two weeks and then to see the doctor again in a month. That's when we will know whether or nor the last blockage has to be taken care of. We were told it was a 'complex' blockage' so I asked him what that was. It's generally when a blockage is very long. Plus it's in the left main coronary artery which I am not happy about at all. So part of the news was good, part not. he still needs lots of work on his diet. I can't make him have open heart surgery if that is what the doctor says. My husband says that he absolutley will not have it. I don't know what I will do with him if that happens. You know what Mrs. Billy Graham said, I won't divorce my husband but I may kill him!!!! I have tried the guilt factor about the grandkids but that hasn't helped.

On a side note, I thought I had put all of my size 18 jeans away but I guess I didn't. I pulled out one and wore it today. It just hangs on me!!
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Happy Tuesday!

Eileen near San Diego