Options
1606162636466»

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,
    I am back from the faire. It was awesome:bigsmile:

Okay here's the story. Holly (MN daughter) flew to Vegas (where other daughter and Olivia live)to do the gender reveal cake for her sister on Friday. Then the whole crew decides to road trip it to the Faire 5 hours away to surprise me. I spent the afternoon with both of my daughter and Olivia!!! (and Brian too,the son-in-law) they spent the night and met me at faire the next morning until 2 when they had to head back home. So, I was totally surprised , but not when they showed up because my ex(their step daddy who works the faire) spilled the beans to me in the morning on Saturday because he didn't know it was a surprise. I was so high on happiness I was bouncing off the walls and crying tears of joy. I finally found them at 2 and the brats weren't planning on looking for me until an hour later:angry: but I found them so there!.

It was a weekend of my family, my faire family, my girlfriends and good food and drink. :drinker: It doesn't get much better :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I got my hair braided at faire. Isn't it cool. It is a 9 strand plait
    3caac2a2-bd83-41ef-a184-fbba5975bdc2_zps552ce9a7.jpg

Robin, Bodi and Ritter,
    in a sunny but cool PNW
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Robin that is beautiful

Joyce
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Viv, best wishes to Maggie for a complete recovery….if your pedometer isn’t working (did you check the battery?), then rush to get a new one…..mine is such a motivator to keep moving and if you’re moving you’re losing.

:bigsmile: Juanita, your dog is darling……congrats on getting the junk out of your diet….that will result in weight loss, better health, and longevity.

:flowerforyou: Yanniejannie, there have been studies that showed that people who weigh daily lose more weight than people who don’t…..I weigh daily and it keeps me focused on my goals.

:bigsmile: Cityjane, congrats on your improving fitness.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Meg, I’m happy to hear that Benny comes home today……..home is the best place for TLC.

:flowerforyou: Becky, welcome to the community….you will find lots of encouragement here.....make small changes to your eating, don’t try to be like people who have been doing this for years.

:flowerforyou: Bsgordon, welcome….you will find lots of ideas of how to be active even when you have a sit-down job.

:flowerforyou: Joyce, if your husband eats and eats until all the food is gone, then work at making smaller amounts (two servings ) and serve him his share.

:bigsmile: Rose, that’s a great idea to reuse some of your April goals in May…..I’ll be doing that, too.

:bigsmile: Robin, I am so envious of your hair……how will you ever bear to comb it out?

:flowerforyou: My energy comes from my healthy eating. When I started on MFP in 2009 I walked the dogs for 10-20 minutes in the morning, took them to the off leash park so they could run around and was a student in two line dance classes a week……I spent a lot of time knitting, watching TV, reading, and sitting at the computer. It has been as a direct result of Isagenix , healthy eating, and my weight loss that my energy level has increased to what it is now. Even without Isagenix, the same message comes from books Like “Thinner Next Year” that say eat healthy food----don’t eat crap and start slow with exercise and gradually add more.

:flowerforyou: I enjoyed a short time at home alone this morning with Jake gone to the gym…the dogs were asleep after their long walk and Bernie was asleep under the covers once I told him that he’d already had enough breakfast……he tried to get my attention by walking across the keyboard, but it didn’t work.

:glasses: :glasses: Be sure to watch for the new thread in a few hours.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif

“The only real freedom a human being can ever know is doing what you ought to do because you want to do it.”
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I cycled to work this morning. Quite chilly and my but was cold, but I had a good jacket, so it turned out to be a good ride. I must invest in better gear though. On the way back DH picked me up at the 10K mark, which is half-way, otherwise I'd be half-dead by now :tongue: :tongue:

:flowerforyou: Robin, you and happiness go together!

:flowerforyou: Becky - welcome to the thread. Since this is the last day of April, Barbiecat will start a new one for May soon. Just come back often, and you will make lots of friends.

That's all I have time for tonight. See you in May :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:heart: Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Well one of my goals for quite a while, but I am a procrastinator, was to call the Y and see if my membership is still active. I imagine it has been 2 or 3 years since I have been but I still get the program booklet every 3 months. I am on Silver Sneakers. So I called today and it is active!!!!! He said if you have Silver Sneakers then you have an active valid membership. With the warmer weather coming in, yippeeeeee, my husband walks outside and with my MS I can't do that. So I knew that I was going to have to cut the apron string from walking with him sometime. I was wanting to walk on a treadmill anyway so I could increase the incline. I don't know how I will do. When we walk an incline now I have to stop at 1/2 mile and rest. So I will see.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :yawn: I just started the new thread for May......I hope to see all of you there.

Here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/976006-women-ages-50-for-may-2013
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Brooke in CO: I LOVE your quotes. :love: I am so glad you post often. Sending good thoughts your way.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: You are amazing! Not everyone tries new things at “our age” and you're doing all sorts of new things. Also quite happy to know you still have your Silver Sneakers membership at the Y.:flowerforyou:

Robin: I am thrilled for you. Your kids did you proud. I love the braid! :flowerforyou:

Barbie: You’re way ahead of me on this whole healthy life adventure, but I also notice increased energy as I go along with my emerging better eating and exercise habits (and hauling around fewer pounds.) :flowerforyou:

I’m looking forward to the day tomorrow. Dh has his acupuncturist appointment and we’re going to a nursery to look at plants to fill in the hole in my hedge. We’ll also have lunch, probably at Subway, and go to the Apple store to get some help with DH’s iphone 5. Subway posts nutrition info, has gluten free bread available, and also will make any sandwich into a salad. I never thought much about them as anything other than another fast food place before we developed food issues, but they’ve moved onto my good list.:wink::bigsmile:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • ddellner
    ddellner Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Are there any requirements besides age for this group. I am 73 so I sure meet the age requirement. I have been on MFP since January. Let me know. Tonight is the first time I have seen any posts from this group.
    Thanks, Diane
  • mwheatcraft54
    mwheatcraft54 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Are there any requirements besides age for this group. I am 73 so I sure meet the age requirement. I have been on MFP since January. Let me know. Tonight is the first time I have seen any posts from this group.
    Thanks, Diane

No requirements - just start typing and you're in!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Happy May Day! We had frost, or the threat of it lat night. Our usual last frost date is in early March. We spent time last night erecting a temporary green house around our blooming tomato. I havne't checked it yet this morning. I came looking for the May thread and found this instead. I'll check in again later.:flowerforyou:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • barbiecat
    Options
    I just started the new thread for May......I hope to see all of you there.

Here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/976006-women-ages-50-for-may-2013
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,502 Member
    Options
    bump want to catch up much as I can
    ;)